• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Zootopia Medals and Event Arrive in Unchained ?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah it seems like they deliberately waited for the Coliseum Rankings to be over so they could suspend the rankings. They likely knew about the problem long before then and were just figuring out the best courses of action.

I think it's silly to suggest that they "just don't care" about the NA version. The game was made with NA in mind first. They put a lot of resources and development into this title. They worked hard to bring it overseas, and to get the plans in way so that it could be supported actively. None of this is a simple undertaking.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They're also a business and mobile titles make a lot of cash for businesses. It makes sense why Square Enix would change a few things around to get cash from their players just like many other mobile games.

I would have been pissed if the Zootopia medals were left to a ranking system like it was with Japan. At least with them behind 3000 jewel boards they gave you the choice of owning them rather than you working hard and still potentially missing out.

No Heart

However, there are still some hackers on the leaderboard. I just saw a level 251 yesterday. Besides, there was no need to do it quietly because all it would do is decrease their profits because players would be less willingly to buy jewels if other players could get on the leaderboards this easily. Besides, shutting down hackers immediately is the most efficient way of doing things and it messed up a lot of the game. Many of the best rewards were denied to some players and the whole playerbase was discouraged by this occurrence. I've seen many players from my party, which was formerly ranked #4, just straight up quit. Overall, the management staff could've at least denied them the rewards if they wanted to do it quietly. Instead, by doing this, they just encouraged them.

No Heart

No, the level cap is still 250 iirc. They actually already had the updates til lv 250 ready since info of the avatar boards were released beforehand. The hackers either went past the fake level cap and got access to the last 50 lvls r they broke the game completely by gettin to 251.

DoctahFaz

Awards
While on the subject of hacking, I'm really happy that it looks like they have made a significant dent into the problem and banned from the rankings a lot of the cheaters. Just looking at the unofficial rankings, me and one of my party members are now in the Top 10. We didn't change our playing habits this week either and were always in the Top 100 previously; that just shows you how widespread the problem was.

No Heart

True, the situation is getting better now, but even if it was ignorance or not, it was still irresponsible to leave us players out in the cold for that long.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You guys are kind of the worst. Take it from someone who's worked with apps, it is so hard to make everyone happy

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
it is so hard to make everyone happy
What else is new? =_=

I don't keep up with the differences, and I don't care. I enjoy the game well enough, especially considering that it's a free-to-play of all things.

Iso

You guys are kind of the worst. Take it from someone who's worked with apps, it is so hard to make everyone happy
I think this is less about making people happy and more about fair business practices. Advertising 6star chipmunks (+125) on the avatar boards and only giving 5star chipmunks (+25) is pretty much catfishing the customers.

If you as a mobile developer were adapting a Japanese version to a North American version and had 200+ digital objects that were the same as the Japanese versions, but then decided to make a unique North American version behind a virtual currency paywall, you would do well to be open and honest about the details of that new NA version, maybe even differentiate it a bit with a different name and picture.

If you were running a limited time event boss with a specific method for gaining event coins, and there was an error in the instructions for how you get those event coins, I would hope you would amend those instructions as soon as possible when pointed out and relatively early in the event's lifetime -- not more than half way through.

If you had a lot of different content all referred to as quests (story quests, event quests, special quests, colosseum under the quests tab) and you ran a promotion advertising All Quests Half AP! You would be expected to make all of those "quests" content half ap, and not just one type of quests like story quests.

It is less about making everyone happy and more about being honest.

Muke

whatever
Awards
3,000 Jewels, really? You think the JPN version would have refunded the entire cost of the Avatar Board just because some fans had tantrums over the stats of medals being changed from a version of the game 90% of them wouldn't have played and 100% of them shouldn't have been playing? Give me a break. The medals were only one part of the Board and no one deserves entire refunds just because they are slightly different. You guys are ridiculous and will complain about everything -- even when you get your way you find a new thing to complain about!
Chill.
It's the truth. I played the JPN vers and I know. For example, there was a bug with the Aqua Medal. What did they do? They fixed it and gabe every player 3000 Jewels.

Whatever I won't argue with you. =.=

No Heart

Ya know, I don't get why people yell at u when u complain. After all, this game is a product and we, as players, have the right to complain when something is wrong. In this society full of consumerism, the consumers get the say. Some might say that since it was free, we can't complain, then if that was the way the world worked, all games would never have advanced. Take LOL for example. It changes in some way every two weeks or so because there is room for improvement that would make more people love the game. Not only that, the companies get paid by how many people download the game, so yes, indirectly, we are paying them. I just wanted to say this because some people think we should be happy with what we have, but apps are made for us, so we can ask for improvement.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ya know, I don't get why people yell at u when u complain. After all, this game is a product and we, as players, have the right to complain when something is wrong. In this society full of consumerism, the consumers get the say. Some might say that since it was free, we can't complain, then if that was the way the world worked, all games would never have advanced. Take LOL for example. It changes in some way every two weeks or so because there is room for improvement that would make more people love the game. Not only that, the companies get paid by how many people download the game, so yes, indirectly, we are paying them. I just wanted to say this because some people think we should be happy with what we have, but apps are made for us, so we can ask for improvement.
Well said! Totally this^

FFxStrife

I wish I could stay with the NA version of the game but something tells me it's never going to be as good as JP.
I had hopes that someday we would catch up and have nice things but when I looked at other mobile games, generally the JP version is always better.

Take Brave Frontier for example. It was released July 2013 for JP and December 2013 worldwide. To this day, the login bonuses for the JP version are still higher. I don't know about the details, but that tells me Unchained might work the same way.

That is only one of the problems though. Today we got to see hackers on the parade again but this time, no one got rewards. Which doesn't mean anything to a hacker since he can just get jewels for free I mean lol. Who exactly is getting penalized by this? They also gave us the Zootopia event (which gives absurd lux) in a period when lux doesn't matter for rankings at all. I'm not saying this was their thought process, but the coincidence is amazing!

Anyway, hopefully they still manage to sort all this around but not looking good so far.

Iso

I wish I could stay with the NA version of the game but something tells me it's never going to be as good as JP.
I had hopes that someday we would catch up and have nice things but when I looked at other mobile games, generally the JP version is always better.

Take Brave Frontier for example. It was released July 2013 for JP and December 2013 worldwide. To this day, the login bonuses for the JP version are still higher. I don't know about the details, but that tells me Unchained might work the same way.

That is only one of the problems though. Today we got to see hackers on the parade again but this time, no one got rewards. Which doesn't mean anything to a hacker since he can just get jewels for free I mean lol. Who exactly is getting penalized by this? They also gave us the Zootopia event (which gives absurd lux) in a period when lux doesn't matter for rankings at all. I'm not saying this was their thought process, but the coincidence is amazing!

Anyway, hopefully they still manage to sort all this around but not looking good so far.

You are right. Japan not only has to give better deals to stay competitive with the rest of their mobile market, but they have to comply with online gacha laws regulating games like KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X which have been around since 2012. We do not have these kinds of laws in North America, and they are testing the limits of the few consumer protections we do have.

Kagayaki

Awards
I finally saved up enough jewels and bought the Judy Hopps costume! And it didn't even cost me a dime! :D

I know I'm breaking the subject, but we need some good news. It IS possible to save up jewels in a short time without real money. Just do quests, the story ones and the event and special ones.

Nial

Awards
3,000 Jewels, really? You think the JPN version would have refunded the entire cost of the Avatar Board just because some fans had tantrums over the stats of medals being changed from a version of the game 90% of them wouldn't have played and 100% of them shouldn't have been playing? Give me a break. The medals were only one part of the Board and no one deserves entire refunds just because they are slightly different. You guys are ridiculous and will complain about everything -- even when you get your way you find a new thing to complain about!

Chill.
It's the truth. I played the JPN vers and I know. For example, there was a bug with the Aqua Medal. What did they do? They fixed it and gabe every player 3000 Jewels.

Whatever I won't argue with you. =.=

I know this is some days late, and I don't want to argue of whatever, but: I don't know if the jap version would have refound all 3000 jewels (they probably would have, I mean they did in the past like with the Aqua medal error as Muke said above) but I'm sure they would've given some jewels to all players, because it was an error from them, not from the players; and this is the major difference between jap and na based on what we've seen 'till now. It's a different approach, not saying one is good and the other isn't, it's just different.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I'm surprised that the team behind NAUx even decided to give some jewels and medals to anyone who bought the avatar boards. They didn't have to do that, but I think its nice that they did even if its not a full refund. I didn't even know the medals were nerfed until after I had already gotten the Judy board (which is the only one I wanted) and I personally don't regret it at all! I think its still a good medal for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back