• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Zexion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybe HNIC

Well, personally I think fear is more of an instinct than an emotion.
That or there was a huge plot hole there.

So, I'm going with the first one. :]

Axel

other members felt emotions too axel was sad when roxas left
Roxas gets angry at ansem the wise before sora wakes up
if i remember his name correctly demyx? (the guy with the guitar and water nobodies) he felt tons of emotions, he was nervous scared all that all the time

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I always felt all of the org members seemed to have feelings of a sort, like "wanting" to have hearts

Mage of light

I always had this thoery that if they felt strongly about something in there past life, then they could feel something as a nobody. i also have another thoery about that but i don't know how to start a thread! :(

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
They trick themselves into feeling emotions, using their memories as humans, because they want to be whole. After a while, it becomes instinct. It all matters on how fresh of a nobody you are, because Xemnas said that he couldn't remember since it had been so long.

I always had this thoery that if they felt strongly about something in there past life, then they could feel something as a nobody. i also have another thoery about that but i don't know how to start a thread! :(

You click on home in the upper left. then you go to the section that you want to start a thread, and click "new thread" which should be in the upper left also.

State

Awards
the members of the organization remembered how it was to have a heart, meaning they can act having one. surely, fear can be an emotion or an instinct.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
The members used to have emotions, when they were sombodies(if thats what you call them), so they must remember, or at least want to, how it feels to have an emotion. Fear could be an instinct. Or to Zexion, it was an attempt to feel scared.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
well, Vexen said, that nobodies are in the twighlight (between light, and darkness) so maybe their hearts are in twighlight also, and emotions hold darkness ,and light. Axel laughted at how things were going because Sora's light is pulling Axel's heart toward the light which is why he started laughing. Vexen,and Zexion had fear because their fate could be death/fade which resonated darkness. Yen Sid said, that nobodies have no real emotion but he was probably looking in a book to find those facts just like Ansem the Wise looked at facts. Xemnas, Roxas, and Namine defy all logic maybe because, they prove logic isn't always right. But, this is only a theory of mine it could be wrong but, Yen Sid did give into darkness proving he is only human he can't know everything.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I know the manga isn't canon, but this would answer the problem...
Its true that Nobodies do not have memories but its a memory thing...due to their lack of emotions,
they rely on their past memories of their emotions to create fake emotions...

That fact is actually canon. Saix even said it himself.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I thought Nobodies couldn't feel emotions.

But when he gets out of the fight with Riku, Zexion throws himself against the wall when he sees the Riku Replica with Axel.

Fear is an emotion. Fear for his existence? How can you feign fear like that?

he was faking it, probably to make the real riku give mercy to him, when he found out it was just the replica, he dropped the act

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
I thought Nobodies couldn't feel emotions.

But when he gets out of the fight with Riku, Zexion throws himself against the wall when he sees the Riku Replica with Axel.

Fear is an emotion. Fear for his existence? How can you feign fear like that?
That is just to give a little life to the scene; would it be the same if he had just waved at them careless? The fact is that nobodies can not feel anything. They said it like a gazillion times in kh II.

ZexionsGirl6

They're like any other Nobodies, they have no emotions. But they relay on the memories of the emotions, to keep them "going" and acting like they have emotions...but they don't really feel anything. In other words: they act like their Somebody, but don't feel anything

Prajna

This might seem very technical, but Zexion is a thinker and people who often ponder are scared of the future and what they don't know. Zexion thinks to much is what my point is.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
well a lot of people would rather live than die. so i really dont get why zexion is an exception, even though he's a nobody.

Z

Zexionsephiroth

To put things one way that might sound like a handwave; there's a difference between what you feel when you are full of hormones and what you "feel" when you think a happy thought (which would be brain wiring). If you apply a similar theory to KH then you realize that Zexion may have been working on some form of hardwired imprint of "fear" which is like a fear through force of habit but has no less right to be called fear, this is not to be confused with what is considered "real fear" because the way i see it the heart in the KH verse is the same as RL hormones. This brings us to a neat conclusion:

Yes it was fear, Just not a true emotion.

Final thoughts; because Org XIII are assumed to have had strong hearts (as are most nobodies), they probably "exist" because their mind copied the structure of their heart.

Can somebody elaborate? I feel like I can't quite phrase this right.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't quite understand why anyone would bother digging through all the old threads and reviving them.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
he was faking it, probably to make the real riku give mercy to him, when he found out it was just the replica, he dropped the act

I don't think so, I mean, didn't Riku have the understanding that they couldn't feel? Zexion's death was one of the later ones, after all.

Also: Survival instinct =/= Fear

He could have been responding with a "fight or flight" instinct, which does not take emotions, but an understanding that you can not best the current opponent (in which case, you would choose "flight"). Riku had already worn Zexion down quite a lot, and then the first face he saw was the Repliku's, which is Riku's (just on a different body, et cetera). His basic instinct said "run away so you don't die."

Sarox

Simple answer is that fear is an instinct. My cat does not feel emotions in the same way a human would but it still flattens its ears when it feels threatened.

Zexion was just reacting in shock when he realized what exactly Axel was insinuating. Same with Vexen when he was about to be killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back