• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Their relationship is friendly as well ever since Yusei beat her the second time. Aki started to open up. Plus, she started smiling more.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Is it me, or was the ending to Duel Monsters (or just Yu-Gi-Oh! in NA) completely abrupt and kinda flat?

I know that I use YYH for almost every example of anything pertaining to anime, but its ending was such a tearjerker, even though it was euphoric and peaceful. Fullmetal Alchemist was depressing of course, but it was also a fitting ending that left me in awe.

The last duel pitting Yugi against Atem was an epic one, but I think it compromised the ending because it had to be rushed. I knew that it was going to be 4 episodes long, but I figured it would end within the first 5 minutes (10 at the most) of the show, leaving ample time for a proper finale to a 224 episode series. It was depressing of course as Atem had to leave everyone, but it seemed to happen within a matter of a 1 minute or so, and it didn't have the same sort of resolve as some of the endings I mentioned above, along with others like DBGT (for such a mediocre show, at least its ending was so amazingly sad and deserving of the Dragonball series finalel).

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Is it me, or was the ending to Duel Monsters (or just Yu-Gi-Oh! in NA) completely abrupt and kinda flat?

I know that I use YYH for almost every example of anything pertaining to anime, but its ending was such a tearjerker, even though it was euphoric and peaceful. Fullmetal Alchemist was depressing of course, but it was also a fitting ending that left me in awe.

The last duel pitting Yugi against Atem was an epic one, but I think it compromised the ending because it had to be rushed. I knew that it was going to be 4 episodes long, but I figured it would end within the first 5 minutes (10 at the most) of the show, leaving ample time for a proper finale to a 224 episode series. It was depressing of course as Atem had to leave everyone, but it seemed to happen within a matter of a 1 minute or so, and it didn't have the same sort of resolve as some of the endings I mentioned above, along with others like DBGT (for such a mediocre show, at least its ending was so amazingly sad and deserving of the Dragonball series finalel).

But what else could they put? Well if they added flashbacks of when Atem was helping people out and when he hung out with them then it could have been better I guess.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Honestly, the biggest flaw is its length. I didn't realize that the duel would finish so close to the end of the episode, which made the animators have to rush the entire scene. There also could have been a lot more emotions pouring out. Tea was the only one showing it. And as you said, flashbacks would have also enhanced it.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
5D's is totally ending with everyone driving into the sunset or some shit like that, you just know it.

GX had an alright ending though. I mean, it seemed a litle random, but it didn't seem very Judai-like for him to be leaving his friends without any notice.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
5D's is totally ending with everyone driving into the sunset or some shit like that, you just know it.

GX had an alright ending though. I mean, it seemed a litle random, but it didn't seem very Judai-like for him to be leaving his friends without any notice.

either that or like gx, yusei will duel against jaden .

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Except that Jaden has no title and really no one knows about him or Yugi during 5D's time.

Yeah cause 5Ds is in the future or at least not even close to Yugi and/or Jadens time. But if anyone has seen the English version of 5Ds where the Black Rose/Akiza shows up in a bad part of New Domino and Rua and his friend want to see her, theres a small part where a guy thats wearing glasses and looks kinda like Joey Wheeler and he wins a Duel someone says.

"Hey isnt that Joey Wheeler?"

"No thats his cousin Jesse Wheeler."

Something like that.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
One thing I dont understand is people saying that only ONE non-signer beat a Dark Signer which was Crow. But what about Rua he was dueling a Dark Signer and he was doing really good until Ruka took his place with HIS deck so in a way Rua beat a Dark Signer too. Anybody want to talk about that?

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I hate how GAY the dub writers made GX. They'd randomly spout nonsense in a failed attempt at humor.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
One thing I dont understand is people saying that only ONE non-signer beat a Dark Signer which was Crow. But what about Rua he was dueling a Dark Signer and he was doing really good until Ruka took his place with HIS deck so in a way Rua beat a Dark Signer too. Anybody want to talk about that?

Ah, you noticed that too huh? There's something stored for Crow after the arc is over. I think it was pretty cool.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
I have 5 decks:
Burn (expertimental)
Creator's Power (custom)
Dark World (almost perfected)
Crystal Beast (almost perfected)
Earthly Destruction (custom)

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
Wow.
You guys are really critical in your Yugioh playing.
I only have one deck and it was already made.
I added a few cards and all but overall its pretty much still store bought.
Oh its a dragon deck by the way
So if my opponent uses Dragon Capture jar I'm practically screwed.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
yugioh is srs bisness

really though it is

Also I was in a cash tourny at my friend's house and managed to come first with said Disaster Dragon deck and won back my entry fee of $10. So that was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back