• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-Oh! Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
We should host an online duel through text (considering not everyone has a Yu-Gi-Oh! online account.) It would be like those movie scenes in which people play chess over the phone by calling out their movements.

I know this thread pertains to the anime/manga, but I don't know where else to post something like this. What do you all think?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, you say?

42-youve-activated-my-trap-card.jpg

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Yes, absolutely. Granted, I'm an okay duelist at best, but I wouldn't mind hosting such an event. I can't imagine too many people participating, but if I'm wrong, then maybe we could set up a team-based tourny.

As for prizes, I only have 4 rep points to give out, but I'd rep the winner(s) 5 times each if necessary. I think that would be a pretty neat boost, and this is something I'd love to see played out.

Book of Secrets

Well, for me both prior series (Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) kind of ruined the game for me. But ever since 5D's came into the picture, I've gotten back into the game. I am currently working with an Arcana Force deck, risky? yes, but it has not failed me in a duel yet.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
If anyone has heard of Byond, it has games made by people and one of them is Duel Monsters Unlimited. You can make your deck and whatever. Just saying if you guys are interested.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Its
Byond.com

All you do is download it and make your account and then find whatever games you want to play. Sorry for being off topic.

SteampunkSamurai

I'm a little confused. Are you proposing a tournament, or are you just referring to a single duel between ~Sirnight~ and qster?

Either way, this would be fascinating to observe.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
At first, just a single duel, but then ∞ mentioned a tournament and I realized that it would be an even better idea.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
We should host an online duel through text (considering not everyone has a Yu-Gi-Oh! online account.) It would be like those movie scenes in which people play chess over the phone by calling out their movements.

I know this thread pertains to the anime/manga, but I don't know where else to post something like this. What do you all think?

Yugioh Online is so lulzy.

And a particular thread for the TCG and OCG discussion would be nice. I'm considering creating an FC for that; but only if there's enough to join.

Well, as long as you believe in the heart of the cards, you will win.

And cheating, can't forget that.

Well, for me both prior series (Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) kind of ruined the game for me. But ever since 5D's came into the picture, I've gotten back into the game. I am currently working with an Arcana Force deck, risky? yes, but it has not failed me in a duel yet.

It's nice to see someone who actually prefers 5D's to the others, especially since it got them into the game.

Fool is broke.

If anyone has heard of Byond, it has games made by people and one of them is Duel Monsters Unlimited. You can make your deck and whatever. Just saying if you guys are interested.

Byond; it's a cool idea but I don't think it's for a more serious tourny. Serious, YVD is extremely easy to get and use people.

I'm a little confused. Are you proposing a tournament, or are you just referring to a single duel between ~Sirnight~ and qster?

Either way, this would be fascinating to observe.

Tis cool either way.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Yugioh Online is so lulzy.

And a particular thread for the TCG and OCG discussion would be nice. I'm considering creating an FC for that; but only if there's enough to join.

Let me know if you do. I'll definitely be contributing to that.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
~Sirnight~ ill help to if I can.

Also you have to pay to duel in Yugioh Online?

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Yugioh Online requires pay and stuff I believe for new cards. It's pretty damn stupid to be honest.

Byond like, has all these anime cards and any card that has made an appearence ever in the manga, but I personally don't like how the community is, just not a preference of mine.

YVD is simple to download, and it's easy to get games and stuff. I'll admit it's wierd to get the images working at times since they're slow at updating those, it has a good community, is free, and is a lot of fun.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
YVD huh? Never heard of it, but I'm interested in seeing how it works.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It's like, one of the biggest used programs for online dueling.

xerocreative.com

That's where you download it and everything. All you need to do is get an account on their forum, but like, you don't have to do anything on it or anything. Finding a duel and all comes with the program's chat system. Thing about YVD though, is that you have to do everything manually and it isn't like the video games. Still, it makes it no less enjoyable.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Back to the anime, I watched episode 70. Rua actually won a duel by himself. I'm so proud of him.

Also, I heard in the later episodes, Aki is thinking about getting a duel runner. Best news I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back