• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your views on God

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I think what GA's saying is that it sounds stupid whenever you state something as fact when no one really has a 100% clear idea on the subject.

It's like saying this:

In the year 2067, on March 15th, it will rain.

It will rain for 6 hours.

This is inevitable.

But everyone has their opinions, and so forth.

I could be misinterpreting, though. Please correct me if I'm not getting it, GA.

That's part of what I was saying, but if you go back to my post, the point was right there in gold lace and everything:

That's like saying I can judge an openly gay man in a Gay discussion thread. It ultimately sounds harrassing. "Don't talk about your faith because if you do that, it gives me the justified right to make fun of it, behold:"

He said that because people post their belief, he has the right to judge them. My point in throwing in the "God is real" statement was to show that atheism is grounded in belief too, and thus he could be "judged" as well, if we are to take what he said as correct. Hopefully the statement sounded stupid. Because I'm sure his sounded just as stupid and biased to theists.

In the end, the comment was inappropriate for the topic. To sum it up:

Topic: Why do you have the views you have on religion?

Answer: GOD IS A LIE.

(The opposite yet equally annoying answer would be, "REPENT SINNERS.")

Enemy

My view on God?

I don't have to believe in his existence, but I don't think anyone here can so ignorantly deny how REAL an impact God has.

The fact that you're arguing about his existence betrays his worth. Whole wars have been fought over him. He has an indispensable army at his whim and beckon. I can unphasably agree that God is an illusion. But he's a very powerful one, at that.

And I respect power.

EDIT: Until I gradually siphon and usurp it as my own.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I'm honestly confused on my views on if God exists or not. I mean, it's been hard for me to believe in God if I haven't had any experiences in which would lead me to believe in God.

I used to be a devout Catholic, but I am looking to move on, as I feel Catholicism was being forced on me by my mother, and its just been sickening. I also don't believe that if there is a God, that he has no way to affect my life.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Believe in God believe in Jesus and that he will save you from harm. We are all sinners but try your best to be a good person. Do your best to stay on the righteous path, the lighter the sins, the easier the lift to a better afterlife. I don't understand all this strict stuff brought in from religions. Spirituality is the basis of all religion and only requires you yourself to be a good person. A gay woman told her story of her near death experience, and she was lifted from the world looking at ppl from place to place, which was really happening in real life and astounded the ppl around her. When she was pulled away even further she saw the earth in whole and she questioned whether she would go to hell or not. The voice said "i do not look upon sexuality, race, or any divided conflict upon the world of ppl, I only ask that you love me and follow my way to enlightenment".

Here are some more

Homosexuality - near-death experiences of gays and lesbians

ppl might ask, why homosexuality? I figured why not put something controversial amongst ppl, with some one a lot more divine.
very, very simple

Cissy

Bronze Member
It's probably like when you argue with someone over...the moon, let's say.

One person will say that the moon is flat. You, knowing very well that it indeed is not flat, would argue confidently and forcefully that it is round. You argue this way because you know, 100%, that the moon is round.

When you believe in something enough, such as the shape of the moon, you will not let down no matter what.

Some will take religion this seriously, and that's just how it works. I usually don't take religion to this extent; I'm very open to any kind of plausible explanations, though I tend to lean more toward the scientific explanations of life, simply because of my preference.

Last edited:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
hm, well that was very well put. One who has an open mind is like a philosopher, they're interested and anxious to learn more outside of a subject everyone else understands. Its like someone reading a book, and then another reading that same book, but opening up deeper meanings the author may have intentionally put

rent

i believe in God 'cause he saved my mum's live from cancer when i was 7 but i don't believe all gays & lesbains who are good person would go straight to hell. it just not right.

Cissy

Bronze Member
i believe in God 'cause he saved my mum's live from cancer when i was 7 but i don't believe all gays & lesbains who are good person would go straight to hell. it just not right.

That's a very nice miracle. I'm guessing your mother is still well?

I don't believe that gays would go to "hell" either. I makes little sense.

Even when regarding what the bible hints, I don't believe it one bit.

rent

yeah, she's doing great.
i didn't read bible very much.... (cough)ittooboring(cough cough)

Awards

If gays go to hell, frankly, I don't want to go to heaven. That's just stupid.

I almost don't even have a view on religion. One could say that I take the middle road of an Agnostic, but it's not even that, it's a neutral perspective that really doesn't even correlate to a specific view. Is there a God? Is there an afterlife? I could say maybe, and I suppose that's what I would say, but it just isn't a question for me. Since there really isn't a question, there really isn't an answer. I just like to study religions or even lack of religion for simply the knowledge, like a History lesson. I've arrived at that on my own accord, just from those philosophical days where one likes to think.

Though, I'll tell you one thing. If I DID have to pick a... "religion" so to speak, it would be Taoism. And that's not because it doesn't involve a God and is rather a way of life- because I have my own personal problems with Buddhism (though it's certainly interesting). I just have my reasons.

Cissy

Bronze Member
If gays go to hell, frankly, I don't want to go to heaven. That's just stupid.

I almost don't even have a view on religion. One could say that I take the middle road of an Agnostic, but it's not even that, it's a neutral perspective that really doesn't even correlate to a specific view. Is there a God? Is there an afterlife? I could say maybe, and I suppose that's what I would say, but it just isn't a question for me. Since there really isn't a question, there really isn't an answer. I just like to study religions or even lack of religion for simply the knowledge, like a History lesson. I've arrived at that on my own accord, just from those philosophical days where one likes to think.

Though, I'll tell you one thing. If I DID have to pick a... "religion" so to speak, it would be Taoism. And that's not because it doesn't involve a God and is rather a way of life- because I have my own personal problems with Buddhism (though it's certainly interesting). I just have my reasons.

I'd like to be more neutral on religion. Quite frankly, I dislike not believing in a higher power 100%, but I can't help what my mind rejects.

All I can really do is go through life, enjoy it, be kind to others, and hope for the best for everyone. In my mind, I don't really find one religion more right or accurate over the other, but I do have some that I prefer, like yourself.

All in all, it's the eye of the beholder, and all very interesting to study. Studying religion is like studying the hopes of man, I think.

hAppY010

Consecrated life (Catholic Church)

the Roman Catholic Church the term Consecrated life, also referred to as the "Religious Life", denotes a stable form of Christian living by those faithful who feel called to follow Jesus Christ in a more exacting way recognised by the Church. It comprises the life in the religious institutes and secular institutes, as well as the life of the consecrated hermits, consecrated virgins and consecrated widows/widowers, and is regulated in canons 573-746 of The Code of Canon Law 1983.

Ayt??

Jesus Love us :wub:

TwilightPrinces

Website
www.myspace.com
I believe that there is some kind of higher power out there, I really havent put much thought into who it is or not. I guess you can say I really dont believe in any god at the moment. I have recently started believing though in darwinism which is really the whole theory of biological evolution and what not.

Awards
I'd like to be more neutral on religion. Quite frankly, I dislike not believing in a higher power 100%, but I can't help what my mind rejects.

All I can really do is go through life, enjoy it, be kind to others, and hope for the best for everyone. In my mind, I don't really find one religion more right or accurate over the other, but I do have some that I prefer, like yourself.

All in all, it's the eye of the beholder, and all very interesting to study. Studying religion is like studying the hopes of man, I think.

The one admittedly selfish reason why I would like for there to be a higher power is that I would feel good knowing that (assuming that this higher power comes with the afterlife package deal), somehow, my deceased relatives and friends live on (in a good sense).

As for myself, meh. The concept of living forever, as strange as this may sound, seems exhausting to me. I think you could find just as much peace in an eternal "rest." I know that an afterlife, if you live good and whatnot, is supposed to be amazing beyond anyone's wildest imagination, and some say in heaven you can get whatever you want. Let's put it this way: For me, whatever I want is a long, long nap. I don't want my life to end anytime soon, but I can't imagine myself being too thrilled about the concept of another life to go to. If that makes sense.

Dyingslow666

Idk how i found religion, maybe cuz I'm from a hispanic country and there (the country's Nicaragua) like only 1% of the population is Aethiest/Another religion, its mostly catholic/Chrsistian, so i got into religion by my enviornment..so...yeah

EDIT: Even though my name is DyingSlow666 doesnt mean someone Satanic or something, lead singer of Slayer is catholic, just bringing this up

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
As for myself, meh. The concept of living forever, as strange as this may sound, seems exhausting to me. I think you could find just as much peace in an eternal "rest." I know that an afterlife, if you live good and whatnot, is supposed to be amazing beyond anyone's wildest imagination, and some say in heaven you can get whatever you want. Let's put it this way: For me, whatever I want is a long, long nap. I don't want my life to end anytime soon, but I can't imagine myself being too thrilled about the concept of another life to go to. If that makes sense.

As a person with a potentially Fatal disease, the Idea of not existing terrifies me. I'd hope for something after but, that's the most that I could hope for. I don't hold blind faith in anything, not anymore. :(

I don't want to burn in hell either. Reincarnation isn't my cup of Tea. Why would I want to suffer through another life time on earth?

My Momma says to look at it this way. Maybe there is no Hell at all. Maybe we're put here until we get whatever we were meant to do right. That this world is the real hell and we just have to make our way out.

I don't know what to think. I wanna believe in god but, the most I can do is hope that she'/he's real. Then hope even more that they have compassion.

Awards
As a person with a potentially Fatal disease, the Idea of not existing terrifies me. I'd hope for something after but, that's the most that I could hope for. I don't hold blind faith in anything, not anymore. :(

I don't want to burn in hell either. Reincarnation isn't my cup of Tea. Why would I want to suffer through another life time on earth?

My Momma says to look at it this way. Maybe there is no Hell at all. Maybe we're put here until we get whatever we were meant to do right. That this world is the real hell and we just have to make our way out.

I don't know what to think. I wanna believe in god but, the most I can do is hope that she'/he's real. Then hope even more that they have compassion.

I'm sorry to hear that. The best advice I can offer to you is that, if you believe in an afterlife, that's totally fine. If you're terrified of the idea of nothing, though, I recommend that you come to terms with it. Explore the idea, try to get past the fear. Try to embrace other possibilities without necessarily having to believe in them. If you can believe in a heaven without having to worry about what happens if there isn't, that is peace of mind.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com
I'm sorry to hear that. The best advice I can offer to you is that, if you believe in an afterlife, that's totally fine. If you're terrified of the idea of nothing, though, I recommend that you come to terms with it. Explore the idea, try to get past the fear. Try to embrace other possibilities without necessarily having to believe in them. If you can believe in a heaven without having to worry about what happens if there isn't, that is peace of mind.

My mind is always racing. Trying to see both sides of everything at once. As hard as I try I can't stop it. I want to believe, I really truly do. My freaked up head just won't allow for it. :(

That's a good way to look at it, but it won't last long for me. I wish I could be more optimistic on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back