• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your views on God

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
How did you find Religion or become Atheist?

My family became faithful shortly after getting out of Russia before I was born.

Did you find Faith or become Atheist after a tragedy that opened your eyes, event that made you think, an article about the topic, media programming (Movie/Television), through family, or what someone said?

T

Tyler Durden

Why is it that you have to accept a 'God' to be religious? If I believe that there is a universal, spiritual energy (Chi, Aether, etc.), does that mean that I am any less religious?

Awards
I didn't say anything about God in my post.

I asked how you found YOUR Religion. It doesn't have to be Christian, Jewish, or Islam. It can be Buddhist, Hindu, or whatever you are. Just how did you get into it or lose it.

The title of the thread is 'Your views on God'.

Awards
I decided to stop believing in God when it occurred to me that sky fairies are unrealistic.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
Studies have shown that if you pray, not just to God, but to anything, your prayers are answered a bit more than if you didn't. For instance, if someone was praying for someone to get well, they would recover quicker than if they were not prayed for. They would recover even faster, according to the studies, if they knew they were being prayed for.

I decided to stop believing in God when it occurred to me that sky fairies are unrealistic.

This is INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION. ^____^

The title of the thread is 'Your views on God'.

He/She meant views on religion. God is an example.

Last edited:
T

Tyler Durden

Ugh, would you quit it with that god-damned smiley?

And, God is not an example of religion. God is the basis of three religions. Get your facts straight.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
And, God is not an example of religion. God is the basis of three religions. Get your facts straight.

Sorry, I should have elaborated. God is not an example of religon itself, but rather an example of a religious leader. This thread is asking how we came to be in contact with one, or not believe in any at all.

Ugh, would you quit it with that god-damned smiley?
It's cute.....^____^

Please just do what Sam did.

While not being sarcastic.

Anyway, I already contributed up above.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Similar case here. Around the age of eleven or so I just didn't see any reason to believe in such things;

Studies have shown that if you pray, not just to God, but to anything, your prayers are answered a bit more than if you didn't. For instance, if someone was praying for someone to get well, they would recover quicker than if they were not prayed for. They would recover even faster, according to the studies, if they knew they were being prayed for.

That's cute, now can I see some proof?

T

Tyler Durden

Yes, I know; it would be better if he 'saw the light' sooner.

On topic, I would say that I'm predominantly agnostic. I believe that a 'god' doesn't need to be prayed to, doesn't need my worship, and isn't going to help me with everything. I also believe in people; I am thankful for things because people made them and gave them to me, not because 'god' was kind enough to give me an air conditioner.

Fantasizes

I don't believe in Religion; I don't believe that people should read and be told how to live a 'good' life.
All religion has done was divide people in bad ways, in the present and past.
I believe you can have Faith without God; all you need is to believe in yourself.
It should come from your heart.

I do believe there'll be something always watching us. There's more to life than just to live.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
: D

Yay! : D

: D

More of these threads! : D

Where atheists can trash the thought of God and the religious can stuff the thought of God down the atheist and agnostics throats!

: D yay!

These threads make me tired :(

No reasoning in them. Its no longer discussions, its heated, and spiteful debates these days :/

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
God? There is no god that's how all atheists think since I AM ONE har har har.
No, not really (the atheist part is true I am one but damn I'm not that crazy)

I don't view it, yes it, as an omnipotent force I just see deity's, gods and goddesses as something formulated from the human mind just out of human imagination/ingenuity to make something to fall back on, something that you can believe in. Honestly it isn't worth a shit in my mind, if this called "god" existed I just want to meet him and spit in his face out of the spit for making people worship him without the slightest gratitude.

Prayers that make miracles? Just coincidence and the laws of physics at work. Resurrection and other biblical references? Just a bunch of story telling passed from person to person interpreted it in different ways and skuzzing up the story farther down the line.

/end rant

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
God? There is no god that's how all atheists think since I AM ONE har har har.
No, not really (the atheist part is true I am one but damn I'm not that crazy)

I don't view it, yes it, as an omnipotent force I just see deity's, gods and goddesses as something formulated from the human mind just out of human imagination/ingenuity to make something to fall back on, something that you can believe in. Honestly it isn't worth a shit in my mind, if this called "god" existed I just want to meet him and spit in his face out of the spit for making people worship him without the slightest gratitude.

Prayers that make miracles? Just coincidence and the laws of physics at work. Resurrection and other biblical references? Just a bunch of story telling passed from person to person interpreted it in different ways and skuzzing up the story farther down the line.

/end rant

So God doesn't show gratitude? Have you tried worshiping him? Don't answer that. As you say, if there is a god, not a humanized god, but an Almighty God as the Bible portrays, then it is you who are the ungrateful one. You take life for granted.

Sure, we can all complain about how bad our lives are, but why aren't we grateful for the stuff we do enjoy? Why aren't you thankful for being able to see in color? Or to even see at that? To smell? To feel? To have emotions? To be with those you love and love you? None of that is necessary to live, yet we have it.

How did you find Religion or become Atheist?

Did you find Faith or become Atheist after a tragedy that opened your eyes, event that made you think, an article about the topic, media programming (Movie/Television), through family, or what someone said?

To be honest I thought by having faith in God, it would enlighten my life a little. But it only caused more confusion when everything wouldn't go my way; I've never had it easy, and I wish I could blame it on something of a higher entity as it’d justify my pain. But to expect a miracle is rather dim-witted. So I’ve decided to put my faith in science.

P.S. What's happened to our beloved Intel Discussion? ;_;

C

Colours

I'm just going to say my part.

God is real to me, considering that I am a Christian, but I don't really act like it. The holy bible is like a message, to give you insite's on him. If pheonix was here, he'll basicly tell you the whole scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back