• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your views on God

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I'm a half-atheist.

Sort of. I still have a religion, but I keep my God-thoughts to myself.

There's a chance that there is no God, and there's a chance that there is. We have no proof to affirm either. So, I have no way of knowing, because I, myself, am not all-knowing. Therefore, I don't preach either.

C

Colours

I'm a half-atheist.

Sort of. I still have a religion, but I keep my God-thoughts to myself.

There's a chance that there is no God, and there's a chance that there is. We have no proof to affirm either. So, I have no way of knowing, because I, myself, am not all-knowing. Therefore, I don't preach either.

So your saying that there's a 50-50 chance of there being a god because of your religist belief.??

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
So God doesn't show gratitude? Have you tried worshiping him? Don't answer that. As you say, if there is a god, not a humanized god, but an Almighty God as the Bible portrays, then it is you who are the ungrateful one. You take life for granted.

Sure, we can all complain about how bad our lives are, but why aren't we grateful for the stuff we do enjoy? Why aren't you thankful for being able to see in color? Or to even see at that? To smell? To feel? To have emotions? To be with those you love and love you? None of that is necessary to live, yet we have it.

To answer that it's just evolution: emotions= due to higher thinking and brain power, feeling= nerves, smell= the work of the brain and olfactory system at work, vision in general= detection of photons through neural interactions. All of what you said can be explained scientifically, I have nothing against christians or any other religion but any earth mystery can be solved with time, theories and persistence.

I hope that didn't seem argumentative, I've just been in an awful mood so excuse me if I come off rash.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
God is an illusion.

He is perpetuated by human emotion, and was created by human greed and despair.

He was a necessity.

He no longer remains so.

But if someone were to believe, if they needed that faith, what place does any of us have to take that from them?
To steal from them their security?

By coming here, all Christians forfeit their right to un-argued, un-abated faith.
Want to have faith in peace?
Don't discuss it. Your religion is a personal connection between yourself and a higher power.
By opening it to discussion, you admit that you answer to those beneath God. Giving me the right to judge you.

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
i still believe in God
my mother is catholic, and my father is jewish (bash away!)
religion was, and still is, strictly enforced in my house
and i dont mind it really. yes, it gets in the way, but i believe its worth it
i pray...when i dont forget to, and i go to confession when i know i need it

its impossible to not offend anyone in religious discussion

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
My mom was Christian and i used to be catholic, so i pretty much knew God alll my life.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I'm just going to say my part.

God is real to me, considering that I am a Christian, but I don't really act like it. The holy bible is like a message, to give you insite's on him. If pheonix was here, he'll basicly tell you the whole scenario.

i have the same thoughts, of course my thoughts on God are kinda bizarre in that i would like to believe he is what he is in the Christian Bible of the New Testament, of course i also think that he may just be some high entity of the universe/ or many that simply just creates and expands.

I often like to read near death experiences , which are most interesting. It seems no one ever actually see's him, but they feel him.....

Awards
By coming here, all Christians forfeit their right to un-argued, un-abated faith.
Totally agree, and there's nothing wrong with that. If they're going to believe in something they might as well know other perspectives first.

Don't discuss it. Your religion is a personal connection between yourself and a higher power.
By opening it to discussion, you admit that you answer to those beneath God. Giving me the right to judge you.
That's like saying I can judge an openly gay man in a Gay discussion thread. It ultimately sounds harrassing. "Don't talk about your faith because if you do that, it gives me the justified right to make fun of it, behold:"

God is an illusion.

He was a necessity.

He no longer remains so.

Kinda like saying this:

God is real.

He is a part of human emotion, and was created before the beginning of time.

He is a necessity.

And always will be.

Sounds really stupid, doesn't it?

C

Colours

i have the same thoughts, of course my thoughts on God are kinda bizarre in that i would like to believe he is what he is in the Christian Bible of the New Testament, of course i also think that he may just be some high entity of the universe/ or many that simply just creates and expands.

I often like to read near death experiences , which are most interesting. It seems no one ever actually see's him, but they feel him.....

I knew I was sounding right. Xd :D

T

the

Kinda like saying this:

God is real.

He is a part of human emotion, and was created before the beginning of time.

He is a necessity.

And always will be.

Sounds really stupid, doesn't it?

I don't exactly see your point.

There was nothing stupid about it. He stated his view on God and it made perfect sense; he proposed that back then, people feared death and created something to hide behind, therefore making it an illusion and not real.

Last edited:
Awards
I don't exactly see your point.

There was nothing stupid about it. He stated his view on God and it made perfect sense; he proposed that back then, people feared death and created something to hide behind, therefore making it an illusion and not real.

That's because you didn't even bother quoting my point.

C

Colours

If anything, he is real, ppl who think as dumb like that, are oxy morons. He is real, why would ppl make a Holy bible for nothing. Explain.:D oh wait you can't, my point exactly. lawlz

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
To answer that it's just evolution: emotions= due to higher thinking and brain power, feeling= nerves, smell= the work of the brain and olfactory system at work, vision in general= detection of photons through neural interactions. All of what you said can be explained scientifically, I have nothing against christians or any other religion but any earth mystery can be solved with time, theories and persistence.

I hope that didn't seem argumentative, I've just been in an awful mood so excuse me if I come off rash.

While I disagree with your beliefs, you did not come out sounding argumentative. Thanks for you response.

God is an illusion.

He was a necessity.

He no longer remains so.

But if someone were to believe, if they needed that faith, what place does any of us have to take that from them?
To steal from them their security?

Its not that you take their faith away, its the arrogance in your arguments. "God is an illusion"? Yeah.. Thats a joke quote if I've ever heard one. Only because you feel that way. You do not know, so you cannot so arrogantly claim what you say. Thats what many people who believe in God take issue with. You don't seem to understand that.

But, in your defense, ED, SOME people do arrogantly enforce the existence of God. While they and I as well feel that there is proof of his existence, they may feel the need to enforce that belief. So you aren't the only one I take issue with.

Cissy

Bronze Member
That's because you didn't even bother quoting my point.

I think what GA's saying is that it sounds stupid whenever you state something as fact when no one really has a 100% clear idea on the subject.

It's like saying this:

In the year 2067, on March 15th, it will rain.

It will rain for 6 hours.

This is inevitable.

But everyone has their opinions, and so forth.

I could be misinterpreting, though. Please correct me if I'm not getting it, GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back