• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Your Opinion on FFXIII-2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

YinYangTiger13

I liked XIII-2 alot, it was definitely one of the best recent FF games to date. The story was intriguing, and the time travel was done well surprisingly(then again, they didn't use it to retcon plot points like alot of media does), and Serah was a way better protagonist than Lightning in my opinion. Noel was cool too.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I wish I could say it was good, but idk... I haven't finished it at all, but mostly because the time-traveling aspect confused me and after a while, I got confused on where I'm suppose to go and no matter where I go where I can go, there's nothing to continue the story or anything. Can anyone help? I think the last time I finished the Hope area portion where the time changes where he is (adult) and then change it and it goes back to normal?

Pisceanreve

I wish I could say it was good, but idk... I haven't finished it at all, but mostly because the time-traveling aspect confused me and after a while, I got confused on where I'm suppose to go and no matter where I go where I can go, there's nothing to continue the story or anything. Can anyone help? I think the last time I finished the Hope area portion where the time changes where he is (adult) and then change it and it goes back to normal?

uhh, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about so I would look up a walkthrough
Though when I was stuck, I revisted main areas (main areas are ones that do not require WILD artefacts) and checked the map to see if there was a gate I hadn't yet activated

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I didn't find the time travel aspect particularly CONFUSING, but it felt sort've out-of-place. I dunno. The game really DID feel a bit unnatural, in more ways than one. Hard to put my finger on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
uhh, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about so I would look up a walkthrough
Though when I was stuck, I revisted main areas (main areas are ones that do not require WILD artefacts) and checked the map to see if there was a gate I hadn't yet activated

That's what I did, but I can't find them. Is there a map where I can see all the artifacts around an area?

Pisceanreve

That's what I did, but I can't find them. Is there a map where I can see all the artifacts around an area?

I just remember getting confused and eventually finding gates
erm...well maybe if you tell me I can help you? Like the last main event that happened?

M3rcAssass1n

I actually enjoyed XIII-2, granted it was not the most compelling narrative nor super complex combat for being a Final Fantasy but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I liked the music, the change to the Paradigm system and the addition of fan favorite monsters into your roster and I have to admit, the ending got me choked up a little.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
This game a had a major leap in what could've been Final Fantasy XIII. There were no restrictions to the gameplay; you could have grind it out since the beginning. There's also legendary weapons for the characters Noel and Sarah. The fact that you were able to use a "monster" as a third party member really was fun to experience for the first time. Having a Behemoth playing along your cast members is something you don't see on any other Final Fantasy game. There were mini games to your joy including the return of the Chocobo Race and if you're gambler stay away from the Slot Machines lol. The way how you select worlds kind of reminds me of Kingdom Hearts but obviously FFXIII-2 is about time travel so it feels different.

When it comes to character you'll finally be able to get involved with them and feel immersed with them. Not just the main cast but the support ones including the antagonist of that installment. The music is the first of its kind. First time you'll music with lyrics in a Final Fantasy game. The Original Soundtrack from the beginning to the end will be glued to your ears. This game basically had it all and if you want to experience the entire game without worrying about the DLC. There should be a Complete Edition that was released.

noxy

I really was not happy with the turn in plot.

I mean, okay. It -was- interesting how it turned into Serah on a mission to save Lightning, and I really enjoyed the worlds and gameplay and everything, but the plot itself just rubbed me the wrong way. And then the ending happened and I was like "Wut no". Also, having every single song have vocals in it was a little annoying. Don't even get me started on the punk rock chocobo theme.

XIII-2 left a lot of loose ends overall. Which makes me glad that Squeenix went ahead with Lightning Returns, but that's another clusterfuck altogether.

Endareyn

I know this thread is pretty old but it makes me happy to see other people with the same opinion. Having recently finished LR, I can positively say that XIII-2 was my favorite of the trilogy. The gameplay was a lot of fun, and I got really attached to the characters (when in XIII I didn't really care too much about them). It's definitely one of my favorite FF games (granted I didn't play that many, I started late).

The ending, though, felt like a huge slap in the face. And Lightning Returns didn't make up for it, I finished it mainly because I had a lot of time on my hands but I was bored most of the time. And don't even get me started about the ending, I would rant for days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back