• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion bluntly shown in KH2 - albeit retcon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
plus riku has silver hair.

...he had his hood on at the time o_O;;; both him and Xion did while Axel and Roxas didn't.

Well, I think Its Riku and Xion. It really depends on whether Nomura had thought up Xion and her place for 358/2 Days in KH2. But, like Deep Dive (Roxas looked waay older in that) it was just a thought up sketch.

It doesn't matter if he thought up the Days scene when he was working on KH2. What matters is if when he was working on Days, he looked back at KH2 and fished out good retcon material.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Xaldin wears a black cloak his wearing green and yellow like goofy
and the other one is wearing a blue hat just like Donald

It's Donald and goofy

Where did you get that idea from? :L

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Huh...I never thought about it that way. It really could be Riku and Xion. Though I'm not sure if I'd consider it a retcon...Nomura didn't even come up with the concept of Xion when he did KH2.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Huh...I never thought about it that way. It really could be Riku and Xion. Though I'm not sure if I'd consider it a retcon...Nomura didn't even come up with the concept of Xion when he did KH2.

That's exactly why it'd be 'retcon' and not proper foreshadowing.
Retcon = Retroactively connect. That means you had something existing already, came up with a new concept later, and then decided the old concept would relate to what you just came up with.
Perfect example should this drawing really refer to Riku and Xion.

AzzurroRainrebor

Oh my god, thank you for explaining retcon!!! So many people don't know what the hell it even is! "Nomura didn't think of "blah,blah, blah" when" blah, blah, blah!!", that's what retconning is!! A new concept comes up and could connect to something in a game or story from the past. Retconning's so powerful that game creators and authors can go back and make past stories (i.e. KH1) disappear entirely (not implying Nomura would make KH1 disappear). End vent...

Anyway, I noticed that picture and thought the same thing. That picture is perfect retcon material. Nomura-kun probably knew that everyone would wonder who those Org. members in the picture were. Even if the characters in the image were junk at first, their ambiguous nature makes for good retcon material.

Just an extremely radical thought: I wonder does Nomura-kun have the genius retconning abilities to pull a "that could be Aqua and ???" on us??? lol? I don't know..

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Picture15.png

ewuthg.jpg

Hmmm...

Doesn't fit to me. The one figure in the mansion is tall, and is too curvy. More of a woman, as aforementioned. Or a man, considering some replies >.>.

Xion's shape is like Roxas.

If it was a retcon, like I said before, they would have made it obvious by either bringing back that old image in the Twilight Mansion, or, take it from there, and do the exact shape in 358/2 Days when it happened so the audience can connect it easily.

That didn't occur. So yeah...it's probably nothing in the end.

Aria

braver by the minute
Hmm, I guess it's possible, but Namine's drawings aren't very good, so it's hard to tell. It could be any one of the organization members really.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

...he had his hood on at the time o_O;;; both him and Xion did while Axel and Roxas didn't.

Hmph I'm gonna get real technical here, so technical it could seem silly, but since I love trying to disprove Smile so much (because I love her) I'm gonna throw this out there.

Now this is pretty much going along the lines of what TwilightNight said. A size comparison. However I shall take a different approach. I'm assuming that Xion would be the one of the left (my and your left, not the left taken their perspectives) I am basing this on the figure, much more skinny that the supposed Riku on the right, but the height is off. Either the height is off given that Riku is not shorter than Xion. Or if you want to reverse it, I'd say the vertical size is off, Xion is skinnier than Riku. So either way you look at it, it seems something's wrong.

I'm also going to say that I see no cloak on the shorter figure, well, I see a hood, but there's space between the legs, and I know that there's white on Roxas and Axel's cloaks but not quite the same way as the figures. And well, to be a cloak, it seems too yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back