• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion bluntly shown in KH2 - albeit retcon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't care if it was mentioned before. I'll just close it then.

But damn, Nomura knows how to retcon if this is true XD

Remember the picture in the white room? The one that had Roxas and Axel, and two other organization members? And everyone kept wondering which members those were?

...what if they weren't members?
What if they were Xion and Riku from when Axel and Roxas saw them in Twilight Town? XD

axel2_1.jpg

On the right.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hmm...In retrospect, I suppose that very well could have been Xion and Riku in the drawing; excellent perception as always, Smile. Of course, it could also symbolize Roxas and Axel leaving/betraying the Organization.

The game's designers probably add vague little details like the one above into the game so that they can always have some evidence in previous games to support whatever random character or plot twist they whip up in the next game.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hence the 'albeit retcon' in the topic XD;
I've no doubt it wasn't intended to be Riku and Xion (well... a tiny spec of doubt as Xion on the basic conceptual level WAS thought of at the time of KH2).
But if they looked this over and thought "oh hey let's base that scene on this so it'd add up :D" then...

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I saw this picture in a flashback that Roxas was having when he visited the mansion with Pence. I forgot what day they visited on. It was after the seven wonders. But, I never thought that those two people were Xion and Riku. I just thought it was just people from the Organization. But, you could be right.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hence the 'albeit retcon' in the topic XD;

Hmm...Didn't quite catch that tidbit, but this seems more like something that can be read into rather than something that was deliberately changed from what we first assumed it was.
I've no doubt it wasn't intended to be Riku and Xion (well... a tiny spec of doubt as Xion on the basic conceptual level WAS thought of at the time of KH2).
But if they looked this over and thought "oh hey let's base that scene on this so it'd add up :D" then...
Again, while those two seem most likely for the two figures' identities, the picture itself doesn't seem terribly important.
But if specifically asked, Nomura would probably say that it is Xion and Roxas (if he doesn't just give one of his usual cryptic answers).

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think so. First, that woman has too much of a figure, perhaps presenting someone older, for it to be Xion. Unless Nomura planned for Roxas to leave because of a woman, then it doesn't connect as to why it would be drawn in that matter.

Second, the hands being on the hips isn't the haughty pose Xion's character is capable of doing.

And third, we already saw Naminé's "Xion" version in 358/2 Days clearly. And it doesn't fit that description. If this was suppose to be a connection, they could have done so right at that moment by making it similar somehow, so we can all look back and say "oh!". That wasn't the case.

I don't think we'll ever know, nor is it important.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
IUnless Nomura planned for Roxas to leave because of a woman, then it doesn't connect as to why it would be drawn in that matter.

Nomura himself said that Xion was always the reason Roxas left and that she was created while kh2 was in devlepment.

Jakek9

I think it's Xion. And since Nomura will never, ever confirm this we all just have to use our imaginations. I guess thats what Nomura's loves for us to do.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Xion isn't even a girl in the first place. Roxas is retarded :\ That is an incredibly stupid reason to leave.

To be honest, I don't even know why it had to be a girl at all.

Nomura himself said that Xion was always the reason Roxas left and that she was created while kh2 was in devlepment.

Nomura says a lot of things :x. The reason Roxas left was because of a "girl", which could be anyone, or anything. Xion's creation didn't come until they started working on 358/2 Days, as said by the interview. Hopefully, I don't have to go and find it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Xion isn't even a girl in the first place.

He needed to shove Kairi in somehow so she was a "she" temporarily.

Roxas is retarded :\

Inorite.

That is an incredibly stupid reason to leave.

Seeing the mind-fucking identity issues that arose from the mess? Not really.
But it does make me lol when I imagine that's also somewhat like how Kairi must've been thought of.
"So we have two boys, right?"
"Yeah, good looking and such."
"Best buds."
"Crossing the universe for each other."
"Turning to Darkness for each other."
"Crying over each other!"
"..."
"..."
"...Disney'll have our skin for this, won't they?"
"Quick! turn them into a threesome!"
"...?!"
"...with a girl!"
"Oh... oh! Yeah, ok! But we need to have her important!"
"...let's raise the PoH count to eight!"
"But that'll ruin it. Seven is a lucky number!"
"...sorry, Wendy."

Sora^Fan

Hmm...I was wondering about this too, I really think that those are Riku and Xion...but that would mean that the idea of Xion was on Nomura's mind before/during KH2...Nomura sure knows how to mess with our heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back