• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox 360 GTA IV disc fitting troubles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Banned
Re: xbox 360 gta 4 disk fitting troubles

question, what does the duration of the gameplay have to do with anything? I have seen PS1 games have 100+ hours of gameplay and they fit on a CD...

Duration usually equals content, which usually leads to replay value. There are some exceptions, such as the Spyro games made by Insomniac. Those games do not have lots of content, but their replay value is amazing.

Those three games themselves are amazing - a brilliant work of art on Insomniac's part.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
if it dosen't make it to one disc, it'll be a huge blow in both the console and format wars.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com

Wow, I mean what a dumbass response, you barely have an arguement, the only reason they were able to put a game like Oblivion on 360 was they had to compress it (meaning that it originally didn't fit on the disc), over time devs will want to make bigger and better games and compression can't save the 360 forever, look at Killzone 2, one level is two GB, meaning 360 will never be able to have games that detailed(PS3 has already shown people something beyond the 360's potential for detail within the first year), more space is needed for bigger worlds, better AI, more detail, etc. I'll bet that within one year's time this problem will occur more and more often(i'm guessing with at least 20 to 30 games), as for all of those games you mentioned, they were/are being made as exclusives for 360(excluding Oblivion which really doesn't count because it was made with 360 hardware and disc space in mind) so of course they're going to fit on 360 discs(they're 360 exclusives), over time the 360 disc's limited space won't appeal to devs and you will see more and more PS3 exclusives simply because 360 hardware won't be able to hold up to the PS3's, and just so you know Elder Scrolls is like GTA in the way that it gets biggger and bigger with every game so don't be surprised if the next game comes to PS3 as an exclusive(unless Microsoft develops a newer 360 that supports HD DVD or BLU RAY), and as for disc swapping it's fine for storylines, but for open world games like GTA and Elder Scrolls it will just drive gamers to the PS3 because of the tedious task of switching discs to get to other areas in the game. IN SHORT, YOU JUST GOT OWNED.

All games are compressed. One single character model could be up to 1GB. A single texture file could fill 1.5GB. Would they just throw those onto a Blu-ray disc? No. They compress everything.

As for PS3 being so much better, how come we haven't seen the PS3 version anywhere? I'm curious. Is the PS3 just too next gen for us to handle? Or does it run like absolute garbage because the PS3 hardware is a b*tch to develop for. Or maybe it's because the 360 is the console it's being developed for, and the PS3 gets [another] port.

Killzone levels being 2GB? lol. Remember when they said that Resistance used an entire Blu-ray disc? Do you remember when that was proven to be bullsh*t? Sure, it was full. But the actual game took up about 9GB. The rest of the space was to repeat that 9GB because Blu-ray loads slower than DVD. As for it taking up the 2GB. Uncompressed. Because, if that's the case. You'll have 12 small levels, and no multiplayer. So, calm down on the space issue.

20 - 30 Exclusives because of disc space? That's good math there bud. Compression technology advances just as fast as a game engine, or Ai technologies. The bigger the files get, the better the compression is. It's really that simple.

In short. You know nothing.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest

All games are compressed. One single character model could be up to 1GB. A single texture file could fill 1.5GB. Would they just throw those onto a Blu-ray disc? No. They compress everything.

As for PS3 being so much better, how come we haven't seen the PS3 version anywhere? I'm curious. Is the PS3 just too next gen for us to handle? Or does it run like absolute garbage because the PS3 hardware is a b*tch to develop for. Or maybe it's because the 360 is the console it's being developed for, and the PS3 gets [another] port.

Killzone levels being 2GB? lol. Remember when they said that Resistance used an entire Blu-ray disc? Do you remember when that was proven to be bullsh*t? Sure, it was full. But the actual game took up about 9GB. The rest of the space was to repeat that 9GB because Blu-ray loads slower than DVD. As for it taking up the 2GB. Uncompressed. Because, if that's the case. You'll have 12 small levels, and no multiplayer. So, calm down on the space issue.

20 - 30 Exclusives because of disc space? That's good math there bud. Compression technology advances just as fast as a game engine, or Ai technologies. The bigger the files get, the better the compression is. It's really that simple.

In short. You know nothing.

first of all about resistance, that was because at last minute they decided to remove PAL movies since the game run fine just using the NTSC movies (cutscenes i mean) its called being smart BUT it still holds more than a DVD-9 disk (i believe about 16gb)

and uhh what do u mean? the PS3's version was in development first as far as i knew. Heck where'd there proof what version the trailers are showing ? it doesn't say "360 version" or even "PS3 version" graphics

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
At the Take-Two press conference they said it was running on 360.

And at the Microsoft Press Conference Peter Moore said that all the trailers and screenshots were running on 360's.

evil_kenshin

At the Take-Two press conference they said it was running on 360.

And at the Microsoft Press Conference Peter Moore said that all the trailers and screenshots were running on 360's.

and still so now your making up rumours about the ps3's graphics? when we know they are (and this is a fact) capable of better graphics and playability

rockstar would not make a "port' to ps3 off gta 4, and would be making it to the best of its ability. Besides why is it their having trouble fitting it on a 360 dvd disk and not a ps3 blu-ray disc? obviously seperate builds

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
How am I making up rumors? The article you posted is a rumor!

Yet more rumors circling certain E3 parties suggested that Rockstar is having trouble squeezing the giant game onto one Xbox 360 disk.

evil_kenshin

How am I making up rumors? The article you posted is a rumor!

Yet more rumors circling certain E3 parties suggested that Rockstar is having trouble squeezing the giant game onto one Xbox 360 disk.

hey i admitted it was a rumor but atleast my rumor came from a news source, rather than something on the spot (rockstar have never admitted nor claimed that the ps3 version is a port or inferior in any way)

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
hey i admitted it was a rumor but atleast my rumor came from a news source, rather than something on the spot (rockstar have never admitted nor claimed that the ps3 version is a port or inferior in any way)

I never said it was either.

".....we haven't seen the PS3 version anywhere? I'm curious. Is the PS3 just too next gen for us to handle? Or does it run like absolute garbage because the PS3 hardware is a b*tch to develop for."

It was merely a thought.

evil_kenshin

I never said it was either.

".....we haven't seen the PS3 version anywhere? I'm curious. Is the PS3 just too next gen for us to handle? Or does it run like absolute garbage because the PS3 hardware is a b*tch to develop for."

It was merely a thought.

look in your post (unless you chose to edit it afterwoulds ) about 3 posts back by you where u state specifically "or does the PS3 get [another] port"

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I didn't edit it. But I never said it was true. Nor did I say it was a rumor. As I said before, just a thought.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Rockstar said both versions was 100% the same.

The 360 will just be getting new stuff every month((or week)).

Also I think I will PM monkey asking him to unlock my rumor topic..(would if wasn't lazy atm))

evil_kenshin

Rockstar said both versions was 100% the same.

The 360 will just be getting new stuff every month((or week)).

Also I think I will PM monkey asking him to unlock my rumor topic..(would if wasn't lazy atm))

whats the point when 5 minutes later you made an identical topic ?

and i meant DG that u could chose to edit it after (making me look like an idiot :laugh: ) but fair enough it is more of a though than purporting rumors

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
evil_kenshin said:
whats the point when 5 minutes later you made an identical topic ?
lol, Because one was about the prices, he closed saying it was rumors so I just made one where MS did say a price cut was coming..

He could always merge them..

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Most games won't need anything more than a DVD 9, so the idea that a multiplatform game can't fit on one is ridiculous. I mean, it's 8 GB. Sure, the Bluray disc is a very good medium in terms of storage, but no one has been able to use anywhere near the full capacity. Either way, it's ridiculous to say something isn't "Next-Gen" because certain games(Blue Dragon for one) are contained on more than one disc. If that were the case, then the PC wouldn't be the technological monster people know it is. It can do anything better than the PS3 and Xbox 360 can, and yet it still uses DVD 9, or even CD-ROM, like so-called "last gen" hardware.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Does it matter a few days later, the exact same thing can be discussed in your second one.

Anyway, compressed or not, its still three disks. Not like it matter. FF8 and 9 on the PS were 4 disks and that didnt bother anyone.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
...Hey, I actually do remember hearing something about that on the net way back when. It's kind of sad how people try to start rumors in order to try and annoy other people. But hey, it happens. To date, the 360 only has one multi-disc game, and that is Blue Dragon. It's a truly massive game, with sprawling environments and all cutscenes presented in pre-rendered graphics that could only be seen in a few select scenes on past consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back