• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Xbox 360 Elite red ring proof? As if!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas-XIII

Ok, so yesterday i was at my friends house playing FFXIII. When i came home last night i decided to go and play on some more on my brother's xbox elite.
I turned on the console and was in the middle of selling some things on the shop, when all of a sudden my cursor stopped moving and i wasnt able to open anything, not even the xbox button worked.
I thought 'Oh well, it's just frozen, guess i'll restart the console'. So i turned it off, turned it back on AND... nothing. No lights, nothing appearing on the t.v, just the sound of the xbox running with the green on light on. I take out my disc, check it for scratches, then look up to see the three red lights appear! s1worstbirthdayever
I quickly turn off the xbox and turn it back on. nothing. Again, nothing. third time lucky, it turns on and the xbox menu comes up. I decide to leave it for the night and go to bed.
This morning, i turn it on. It loads i get onto FFXIII, its telling me the story of what's happened recently in the game, then freezes, unknowingly. The only thing that shows me it's frozen is the 'Now loading' stopped moving. I turn it off, check for scratches, still none. I close the disc reader, i turn it on. Nothing, just the on light, no red lights.
This is still happening! The red lights arent coming up, but the xbox isnt playing anyhting, whatsoever! Not even showing the menu.
This happened before to my brothers Xbox 360 (normal) when i was playing Gears of War and he blamed it on me! Just because i was playing at the time. And, it's now happening to the so called 'Red Ring Proof Xbox Elite'. It happened while i was playing AGAIN so im going to get the blame again, he might even make me pay if the warranty's up, and i dont have that kind of money!

What can i do?!?!?!?! Dx

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Don't really know what you're going to do, but the system is just about to die completely. Mine got a RRoD while playing Burnout, just froze on a small loading screen. I turn it on, RRoD, turn it back off and on, takes a few times to boot. Tried playing Burnout, after five minutes, freezes again, this time RRoD's. Then I had to ship it off, which wasn't fun.

Best of luck.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
If you do some research, you might be able to teach him that is isn't your fault. 360's have a huge failure rate.

Roxas-XIII

Yeah, i looked it up a short while ago. There's been loads of complaints about the elite having red rings too. But he'll still blame me. I dont think he listens to logic, and he's my older brother so he thinks everything he says is right and anything i say is wrong.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Send it in man, I had to send mine in about a week ago, getting it back in a few days. All in all, unless you DO have that warranty, prepare to either spend or beg for 100 dollars or so.

Oh and tell your brother to grow up and shit happens. I treat my PS2 like crap and after +7 years it STILL runs. Must be luck or some good designing..

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
Your brother shouldn't make you pay for anything. He's a dick if he dose. If my lil brother broke my ds I'd be mad but i'd buy a new one myself. I let him use it so it was my responsibility for it braking. If he's mature he'll admit it just happened and go on. Not pointing fingers like an 8 year old.

Roxas-XIII

Haha, it was so weird when he found out. He just went 'it happened again? i'm not buying another' then he laughed about it. o_O But thanks guys, i just bought FFXIII for ps3 and restarted it. Your support helped me stay calm ^^

And turns out the console is second hand so we dont have a warranty on it anymore. Awk well xD

Tsukasa

Awards
Uh, nobody said the Elite is red-ring proof. It's just a normal Xbox with a black case anyway. If you want a red-ring proof Xbox, get a new one from the store. The Jasper revisions are pretty much red-ring proof. Though it can still mess up if you're really unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back