• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World Terminus =/= Hollow Bastion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueRoxas527

I thought it had 5 pods? anyways, the whole reason for that being to extract their hearts is sketchy but it could be true. I always thought though that they simply entered the heart of the world and the overpowered darkness there wsa the reason their hearts were lost. Oh well...

TrueRoxas527

What? (Checks Ansem Reports) I thougth it meant that he dove deep into the mysteries of the heart, saw the door, opened it, saw the meteor shower, saw the Heartless, saw the HEartless going for the door, opened the door, explored it, lost his heart, kept his body still, and became obsessed over some heart-shaped moon! (some details left out)

Derick_Shadow13

What? (Checks Ansem Reports) I thougth it meant that he dove deep into the mysteries of the heart, saw the door, opened it, saw the meteor shower, saw the Heartless, saw the HEartless going for the door, opened the door, explored it, lost his heart, kept his body still, and became obsessed over some heart-shaped moon! (some details left out)

No all of that did happen, but he didnt become a heartless until later. He cast off his body and became basically a heartless spirit, without a body, hence why he stole Riku's and made him his bitch. He left hollow bastion in an attempt to find a keybearer to use the keyblade to get to KH, "My body is to weak for such a journey, so I shall cast it aside and become darkness itself" he says something like that right before he leaves and go to search for the keyblade.

EDIT - Its in the ansem reports as well.

Ansem Report 10

Just as people have hearts, so do worlds. The same can be said of stars in the night sky. And deep within each world lies a door to its heart. The Heartless desire those hearts. Born out of darkness in people's hearts, they seek to return to a greater heart.

Yes that's it. The Heartless come from people's hearts, as does the darkness. Is the core of the world's heart the world of the Heartless? I will pursue the answer there and become all knowing.

My path is set. I shall seek out the wielder of the Keyblade, and the princesses. My body is too frail for such a journey, but I most do this. I will cast it off and plunge into the depths of darkness.

This is afer ALLLLLLL of that other stuff he did.

TrueRoxas527

That's right! See, I remember reading it yesterday I just forgot some of the little details. Like the whole, 'Cast my body aside, plunge into the depths of darkness.'
You don't necessarily need a body for that anyway. Not even for light. He was even just a spirit or whatever when Sora encountered him on DI. He was a cloak and whatever else, no body. Hey, get it? No body. Nobody. Yeah, it's pretty stupid.

SuperSailorEarth

Around 2:15

Five pods=Five apprentices (aside from Xehanort)

Something neat to think about.

Final Theory:
So would it be logical to assume that the machine in the room was used to turn the 5 remaining apprentices into heartless, and the large machine seen in KH2 the one creating heartless, right?

And this raises a new interesting question: How much of the future of the series and the back story to all the games had Nomura created when he decided to have this machine and this room with the 5 pods?

TrueRoxas527

Well, he must have thought of the whole apprentice theory as he was thinking up CoM. Or, maybe he left it that way just as some hole in the plot until the fuure games become released and he can give them meaning.

Awards
Final Theory:
So would it be logical to assume that the machine in the room was used to turn the 5 remaining apprentices into heartless, and the large machine seen in KH2 the one creating heartless, right?

Pretty much.

Also something interesting to note:

The maze area Sora is in bears a resemblance to the HB area in the World Terminus. The tiled floor is exactly the same.

You'll notice at 0:33, there's a hallway blocked off by rubble and broken pipes. Could potentially be the World Terminus hall down there.

Not really that big of a deal, but just something I had picked up on a while ago.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That kind of gives me the chills. The way everything smishes together like that.

UnstoppableSound

About the black things, they're most likely portals of some sort because you come through one to get to that place.
I don't realy know about if Xehanort created the Heartless there. It's possible, and, now that I think of it, is probably correct. He said he had a machine, and that's the only random machine thing we don't know about in the game.
Also, remember what it said about Kingdom Hearts and the 2 Keys and whatever? I know it's nothing shocking or new, but I still find it interesting to read.

Oh, and did you notice when playing through KH1, Leon, Yuffie, and the others kept talking about how their world, (Hollow Bastion) was destroyed by the darkness, being the reason why they're in Traverse Town.
Well, I have a pretty strong feeling that the events that occured in Birth By Sleep are what eventually caused Hollow Bastion to lose it's heart.
What do you think?

I didn't bother reading your post. Instead, I just read your signature. If you're honestly trying to do those things, you're a complete fool and I disapprove. Anyway, good luck and have fun. Wait, never mind, you can't have fun doing those things.

~With Love and Pity,
UnstoppableSound

Shizazzle

I didn't bother reading your post. Instead, I just read your signature. If you're honestly trying to do those things, you're a complete fool and I disapprove. Anyway, good luck and have fun. Wait, never mind, you can't have fun doing those things.

~With Love and Pity,
UnstoppableSound

Get off your throne plox.

It prac... wait, it WAS in the World Terminus. The laboratory was in Hollow Bastion (as in, in the World Terminus, just before the Chernabog battle)

i was wondering what that place was.

it reminded me of birth by sleep a lot.

Veddix

Also, Veddix, I guess it's: Try to play the entire game only relying on one action but if you want to battle some bosses, (like Kurt Zisa or Sephiroth) you're going to have to use other actions and that's allowed.
Let's see........
Oh, if you want to get really tricky, avoid as MANY Heartless battles as possible, that way when you get to the ones where you have to fight, and you can't simply move to a new area, you're really weak and have to use super skills.
Now that I think of it, the whole Hollow Bastion thing at the end is pretty much required for the story to even progress, because it all of a sudden tells you all this stuff about Kingdom Hearts so you're not completely clueless of what's going on when it comes to that part. Also, I think those little pods were meant for Heartless creation because, well, why else would they be there? Nomura had no idea what the plot of KH2 wasgoing to be like at the time, barely any of CoM either. So, I think the machine was the Heartless creating machine, (or an old one at least) even though it's not as flashy as expected.
Thanks this should be interesting and also you may be right because all Ansem needed was one Heartless to go around and make more. He could have even used it to amplify them because to be honest I don't think his Heartless cruiser at the end was made by a strong and/or multiple hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back