• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► WMM help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
hey, sup? ok, so I make AMV's. you can see the newest ones down in my sig if you want,they're not that great, that's not why i'm here. so, normally, i'm able to skip to certain parts of the video in order to get the timing down better or other stuff. but now, when i try to, for example, skip to like :40 seconds, it will be playing music from 15 seconds ago. does anyone know anything about this? am i crazy?

Naryx15

That happens to me a lot.
The audio clip isn't jumbled up,
it just does that when you play it.
You have to keep playing it from the start to check your video clips.
It gets annoying but that's why I switched to Sony Vegas :E

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
soooo, in short, you have no idea what it is?

oh, i forgot to mention, it only just started doing this recently. this is the first time it's done it in a long time.
and over 7 minutes is freakin long to be playin over and over!!!

Naryx15

It's the audio clip.
Some audio clips do that, some don't.
You COULD convert it to something different like .wma
Sometimes that works.

Naryx15

Yeah, I'm not exactly an expert at WMM, but I have been using it for 3 years making AMVs in my spare time.
If the audio is that long, I suggest converting =P

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Just download the audio from somewhere else. It does that to me too sadly. So either record it from the source or download from another site.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Okay, this is due to WMM being a laggy bitch. It's not the audio, and it's not the clips. WMM does it to me a lot of the time, especially with my latest one that uses a lot of spliced and timed clips. It can get off track.

It's nothing much to worry about.

Just save your progress, and close down WMM completely. Now, wait a few minutes, and then go back to WMM and start it up again. It'll be fine.

It's also a good idea, sometimes, to log out of your account completely, and then log back in. If this is a hobby that you're serious in, I would suggest staying with WMM for a while, and getting used to it, before going to a different program like Vegas, Adobe, or Cyberlink. There's a lot of things that you can do in WMM if you just take the time to be creative- and not get upset over its laggy old self.

If it's not something you're really serious in, then don't waste the money or try and illegally download it.

Naryx15

Okay, this is due to WMM being a laggy bitch. It's not the audio, and it's not the clips. WMM does it to me a lot of the time, especially with my latest one that uses a lot of spliced and timed clips. It can get off track.

It's nothing much to worry about.

Just save your progress, and close down WMM completely. Now, wait a few minutes, and then go back to WMM and start it up again. It'll be fine.

It's also a good idea, sometimes, to log out of your account completely, and then log back in. If this is a hobby that you're serious in, I would suggest staying with WMM for a while, and getting used to it, before going to a different program like Vegas, Adobe, or Cyberlink. There's a lot of things that you can do in WMM if you just take the time to be creative- and not get upset over its laggy old self.

If it's not something you're really serious in, then don't waste the money or try and illegally download it.

Thank you o_O

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
I imported the MP3, and when i would try to skip to a different part of the vid, it would be playing the part from at least 10 seconds ago.
i.e. I'm doing Hit the Floor by Bullet for my Valentine. Despite all this annoyance, i'm past the beginning instrumental. but when i try to skip to a part with lyrics, it's still playing the instrumental. no matter where I skip. it's the same part.
p.s. it seems it's doubling the size of the file. the original is 3 and a half minutes long. On WMM, it's over 7 minutes. and it's doing this with anything imported.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Okay, I get that.

Here, get rid of the music you've got in WMM. Completely remove it from WMM, including your import file.

Shut down WMM, and then bring it back up- wait a couple of seconds for your computer to get the signal before opening it back up. Don't need it to be lagging even more.

Now, re-import it. Once it's re-imported, it should be the correct length. Put it back where you originally had the music. Because you didn't disturb the clips, you should still have the effects of the clips and transitions timed correctly with the music.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
i think it was something about the file. when I changed it to a wma it was the regular length, but it wouldn't play in the timeline. so I changed it to a .wav and bingo bango it works just like normal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back