• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WITH WHOM ELSE WILL I EAT ICE CREME

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyer

Re: Who else will I eat ice cream with?

As much as I knew the meaning of the line and that it was a sad line, the words killed it for me.
A translation of the Japanese version said 'Let's go have ice-cream!' while the English dubbers came up with that line.... I don't care if the lips wouldn't have matched, I WANTED THAT LINE.

I still feel depressed when I watch that scene though, I love you Xion!

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

I thought it was rather cute of him. xD My first reaction was, "LOL YOU IDIOT <3"

LOL I got used to it after half the things Sora said in KH2 that now whenever I see lines like that I just think "OH U!" half the time.

Silfarion

I personally found that line sad, cuz that symbolizes that Roxas won't have friends anymore. I don't think it is cheesy or party pooper or something.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

LOL I got used to it after half the things Sora said in KH2 that now whenever I see lines like that I just think "OH U!" half the time.

oh_you.jpg

The lol was how I felt too.
I was like really Roxas, REALLY.

I know. xD Even the original line seemed off. But it was cute.

Allister Rose

French Lover

i'm pretty sure that line wasn't there in the japanese version

riku_kicks_butt

I mean ya. If you think about it its a touching line. But the tone he said it in killed it. I went from watery eyes to wtf you sound kinda happy shes dieing using that tone. In a more meaningful tone. It was a sweet line

ambivalence

I thought the line was fine. Roxas only knew friends as people whom you eat ice cream with. So he was really just expressing his sadness at the loss of his friend. Though, the delivery could have been better.

Key

Exile
Awards

Well, when I first heard the line, i immediately remembered Day 14 (lol coincidence?) On that day, after the mission, Rxas asks "So friends are people who have ice cream together?" Axel replies "yeah, or laugh at stupid stuff that makes no sense." Roxas saying "Who else will i have ice cream with?" can be taken to mean "What other friend will i have left?" Remember, at this point Roxas already thinks Axel betrayed him, therefore doesn't technically still consider him a friend.

But just wondering, is the "Who else will I eat ice cream with?" line a direct translation from the Japanese version/What was it originally?

I believe the original line was "Let's have ice cream again, all three of us!"

Walkway

Are you kidding me? Not at all.
He actually outright states that that's what he thinks the definition of a friend is: somebody you have ice cream with. And having ice cream is the only thing he has in his empty little life. As a nobody, the only thing he can associate the "feeling" of friendship, is eating ice cream. It's such a tear jerker when you really think about it. All he had was eating ice cream with her and Axel, and it was gone.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

Well, when I first heard the line, i immediately remembered Day 14 (lol coincidence?) On that day, after the mission, Rxas asks "So friends are people who have ice cream together?" Axel replies "yeah, or laugh at stupid stuff that makes no sense." Roxas saying "Who else will i have ice cream with?" can be taken to mean "What other friend will i have left?" Remember, at this point Roxas already thinks Axel betrayed him, therefore doesn't technically still consider him a friend.

I believe the original line was "Let's have ice cream again, all three of us!"
Now that seems better.It's more...happier.Xion wouldn't be so sad about going away then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back