• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will there be an European Re: Chain of Memories [CONFIRMED]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForbiddenMemory

Website
www.youtube.com
Many of the European fans of Kingdom Hearts have decided to hold back buying Re: Chain of Memories, hoping that there will be an European release. I am one of them.

Anyway, I have been talking to the European Square Enix and can now confirm of if there will be any possibility of an European release.

The Answer is NO

Square Enix gave me this e-mail:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Information Center,

Unfortunately there is no plan to release Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories in Europe for now.

>I was just wondering is Kingdom
>Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories
>coming to Europe (UK) or will it
>stay in America. Please tell me i'm
>dying to know, thank you
>
>p.s. please email me the answer
>thank you

Thanks again for using Square Enix Information Centre

=================================
Square Enix Information Centre

This still does leave a glimmer of hope but personally I don't think they will.

This is a proper reply email to me, don't start thinking that this is fake, if you do then if your from Europe (UK) you can send an email:

Support | SQUARE ENIX

Go to "Customer Support Web Form" once you click on the link, then type up your question, it usually takes a few days for them to reply but it should prove the sceptical ones.

So if your from Europe and you've decided not to get Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories until it goes to Europe, then it's time to start ordering its not coming i'm afraid (very, very unlikely)

At least you can stop waiting and start ordering before its too late (i'm ordering mine now )

To anyone who's ordered or waiting for Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories, Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
its f**** retarded to release in NA and not in EU!! do the dialogs change at all from NA to EU?

epickeyblade

I just got the new kingdom hearts Re: chain of memories and im so excited to get started. unfortunately my mother is making me wait till christmasssss... oh well :thumbup:

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
its f**** retarded to release in NA and not in EU!! do the dialogs change at all from NA to EU?

I don't think it does, unless Europe add's a few changes, because the USA and Europe both see games differently, so maybe Europe might get a swear word or something, I don't know, but I don't think so.

Also to anwser your question, don't worry don't EU games come out after the USA by a couple of months? I'm sure that you'll get it, if not then you can import the USA version, and buy a swap magic, thats how I play KH2 Final Mix+

Takfloyd

Lol at people thinking it's so easy to just release it in Europe.

We have a completely different TV standard with a different framerate. The entire game needs to be resynched and the cutscenes fixed individually. Not to mention the Germans and French demand their games in their own languages including voices, so that takes time and money as well.

Rix

:)
Awards
Some countries in Europe like France and germany gets a dubbed version of the game. Other countries, like my own country gets the NA version with no changes at all from the NA version. So now you know that.

And it doesn't look too good about the European release I'm afraid... So I'm considering getting a swap magic and import the game.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol at people thinking it's so easy to just release it in Europe.

We have a completely different TV standard with a different framerate. The entire game needs to be resynched and the cutscenes fixed individually. Not to mention the Germans and French demand their games in their own languages including voices, so that takes time and money as well.

you're right but i don't want for the game to be translated in MY native language. i just want it to be released in europe! no translation. as for the frame rate, you're also right: i don't know how exactly it works. all i ask is to play the game. and importing is not an option either! (parents... -_-) anyway, thanks for the info, it was helpful!

*rep given*

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
Import it and its done. Im also from europe, I have to get a PS2 with mod chip or a ps2 NTSC. Why is there this fucking NTSC PAL system <.<

I am not worrying about it, because I import it. And 358 and BBS are definately coming to Europe, it is confirmed haha. By me. I mean, Europe is for sqaure Enix more important than North America. We are the source for their success.

xx kairi xx

:eek:hmy: no!i cant believe they wouldnt release it in the uk!
and i didnt know you couldnt play the american version on our tv system :s could sum1 tell me wot this swap magic thing is all about and where to get it? tnx

Santuary

You guys are all saying that they don't need to change the EUR version coz there both in English. But your all forget one major detail...ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN EUROPE. If the game is released in EUR, then the UK/Australian version will have the English voices, but everywhere else in EUR, it will need to be dubbed into French, German, Italian, ect. (Just like KH and KH2)

Thrax

Switzerland - Zurich / Canada - Scarborough (TN)
This message is not unexpected.

Europe has multiple countries with severalk languages. It wouldnt be that difficult, if we would have the same system qualification, NTSC - NTSC. But europe has another system the PAL (except france). Then, we have, as I said, several countries with different languages.

German
UK - English
Italian
French
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Swedish
etc.

It would be contra productive for Square, it is just a remake..

But dont worry about 358 and BBS. It is already sure that it comes to europe, Europe has the best chance, because the Square Enix games are more popular in europe, than in NA.

Rix

:)
Awards
You guys are all saying that they don't need to change the EUR version coz there both in English. But your all forget one major detail...ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES IN EUROPE. If the game is released in EUR, then the UK/Australian version will have the English voices, but everywhere else in EUR, it will need to be dubbed into French, German, Italian, ect. (Just like KH and KH2)

Europe has multiple countries with severalk languages. It wouldnt be that difficult, if we would have the same system qualification, NTSC - NTSC. But europe has another system the PAL (except france). Then, we have, as I said, several countries with different languages.

German
UK - English
Italian
French
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Swedish
etc.

But dont worry about 358 and BBS. It is already sure that it comes to europe, Europe has the best chance, because the Square Enix games are more popular in europe, than in NA.
Eeeeeh.... Just a few games is dubbed in norwegian..Mostly games for kids under 5. And the KH games has never been dubbed in norwegian (And thank God for that). I think it's only France, Germany, Spain and maybe Italy that has dubs. (And probably some other lame countries)

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

German
UK - English
Italian
French
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Swedish
etc.

Kingdom Hearts Series is never dubbed here in Finland.

Eeeeeh.... Just a few games is dubbed in norwegian..Mostly games for kids under 5. And the KH games has never been dubbed in norwegian (And thank God for that). I think it's only France, Germany, Spain and maybe Italy that has dubs. (And probably some other lame countries)

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back