• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why would Christians play video games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopari

No, my next question is do you think the Christians who translated it are infallible? Surely there have been mistranslations. I can pick up two Bibles from different publishers and find different versions of the same Psalm.

Marcus-Boy727

As I said earlier, I think we could some how use it and not just play it.

Um I don't know where it says that. But another thing is some things God alows today that he didn't back then I mean example: They weren't allowed to eat pork right? we're allowed to today; another example is that He was talking to his people. I don't know about any body else but I'm not Jewish.

Jopari

We've gotten way off topic. :p I vote we agree to disagree and go back to the subject at hand. Could a video game actually be used to teach people about a religion?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Why would christians play video games? If we do just continue to play video games all day long that is, in a scence, that much time we have wasted. And if we continue to play it but say people shouldn't play it does that make us hypocrites? If someone has an answer please tell me.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with hobbies.
If it begins to take over your life like a parasite, then it's not longer a hobby, but an idolic obsession. That's when the Bible tells you you need to step back away, because God always needs to be your first love.

Jesus had fun, went to parties, had friends, cried, ate, socialized, etc. I mean seriously, the Bible doesn't want to sterilize you devoid of anything enjoyable in life.

Could a video game actually be used to teach people about a religion?
the-bible-game-cover.jpg

Marcus-Boy727

It would be very difficult, the game would have to be good in all aspects that make a game good, the person would have to be into it, aprove the game and so on. but it might be posible. my cousin is trying to do it

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I meant a game people want to play.

And there lies the problem. Most people don't want to play educational games of any kind. So a religious educational game is almost out of the question. It's only market would be adults Christians who want to teach their young children about the Bible.

State

Awards
I'm not trying to say there bad, but is there a way that we as Christians do something good through them. Instead of just sitting on the couch for hours.
See, this is the problem with most people. They spent countless hours playing a game without exercising and not doing chores. I myself have my limits and I am christian. I play games but, when mom says do the ditches, I do the ditches. I also play Shin Megami Tensei/Persona games, which are mostly focused on waging war with demons/angels/God/Jesus, and I see no problem in that.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
I played a game when i was super little about David and Goliath. It was kinda point and click.

I had fun. I got to kill a lion and a bear. and essentially play Guitar hero with a harp

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I meant a game people want to play.
x3 you didn't specify.

So a religious educational game is almost out of the question.
Disguise it.

I think, similar to God of War, they could easily make an engrossing game from the Bible, most probably and interestingly from the Book of Revelation.
Take a bit of creative direction, and there's plenty of interesting characters in the book, and you could have an overwhelmingly epic game portrayal of St. John's vision.

I mean they're already doing Dante's Inferno >.>

Jopari

And there lies the problem. Most people don't want to play educational games of any kind. So a religious educational game is almost out of the question. It's only market would be adults Christians who want to teach their young children about the Bible.

I don't think most people don't want to play an educational game. I mean, there are games that some people love that require crazy thinking. Soduko(sp?) and crosswords come to mind. It's just managing to fit lessons into a video game format. I'm sure there are examples of it. Like Brain Age on the DS.

Jopari

my cousin is trying to make a biblical game of all the battles in the Bible. almost like age of empires

Though this can push some people away. The Left Behind game focused on the violent conversion of people and it scared lots of people off. You have to balance the elements so that it doesn't come across as crazy. (Theoretically, to me its still crazy.)

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I think, similar to God of War, they could easily make an engrossing game from the Bible, most probably and interestingly from the Book of Revelation.
Take a bit of creative direction, and there's plenty of interesting characters in the book, and you could have an overwhelmingly epic game portrayal of St. John's vision.

I mean they're already doing Dante's Inferno >.>

You'd be okay with a drastic misinterpretation of Christianity in general? Jesus would probably shoot laser beams from his sword.

Jopari

You'd be okay with a drastic misinterpretation of Christianity in general? Jesus would probably shoot laser beams from his sword.

It's What he always wanted to do, I just don't know if he can do it.

Just so you know, the order of these posts are great. I now have Jesus as Link with the Master Sword and full hearts in Link to the Past. That is so awesome.

Sorry, completely off topic, but I just wanted to share.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back