• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why would Christians play video games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus-Boy727

This is a question I've been thinking about a lot lately. Why would christians play video games? If we do just continue to play video games all day long that is, in a scence, that much time we have wasted. And if we continue to play it but say people shouldn't play it does that make us hypocrites? If someone has an answer please tell me.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I don't understand. Why shouldn't Christians play video games?

Jopari

I'm sorry I don't quite get the first bit of your post. Are you saying that video games are bad because they waste time?

And yes, if you say something is bad, but do it anyway it is almost the definition of hypocrisy.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
So, basically, you're asking why would Christians spend countless hours playing games when they could be doing good deeds for others and finding other ways to worship God. Is that it?

Marcus-Boy727

I'm not trying to say there bad, but is there a way that we as Christians do something good through them. Instead of just sitting on the couch for hours.

Jopari

I don't really think video games can be used to do good deeds if that's what you're looking for. They're fun, they reduce stress, they help people learn sometimes. Not much else to it.

You could always go read a book.

Macabre

Gold Member
I'm not trying to say there bad, but is there a way that we as Christians do something good through them. Instead of just sitting on the couch for hours.

When you ask that question you also need to ask if anyone can do anything good through other forms of entertainment. music, movies, etc.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Most things could be considered a "waste of time". But we do them anyways, to stay entertained and therefor sane.

Marcus-Boy727

Well I was maybe thinking of using them as a tool. Ya Know. something like you see some one who likes the game, movie, ect. and since you know about it you talk with the person and so forth then start encouraging them in the word, hmmm it sounded better in my head.

Jopari

There is a game called the Bible Game. It bombed. The video game crowd doesn't take very well to Anvillicious messages.

Raebus

Spreading the word of god through video games and other media? Seems like that's what your talking about.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I don't like that idea. According to popular Christian belief, God gave us freewill. Therefore, we shouldn't be influenced, and the "word" shouldn't be spread in that sense. People play video games and divert their attention into simple forms of entertainment to get away from their obligations. Gamers shouldn't be invaded in that way.

Jopari

I agree with Nostalgia, but the question still remains how would you make religion into a fun game? I can name two games that have tried and neither one did very well.

Marcus-Boy727

God did give us a free will. he gave us a chioce: We could worship him in all we do even in the things that don't seem likely; or we can go our own way, away from God.

Jopari

Now I have another question. You're saying that God has to be in everything I do, or I am not going with God, right?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I agree with Nostalgia, but the question still remains how would you make religion into a fun game? I can name two games that have tried and neither one did very well.

Lol, Super Noah's Ark 3D *coughWolfensteincough*

Marcus-Boy727

Some thing similar but no. I'm not saying he has to be in every thing, but once christians get to a certian piont in there spiritual growth they will wnt to glorify God in all they do. something almost like an adiction to glorify Him you could call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back