• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why would Christians play video games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus-Boy727

At one piont that's what I thought. but If you are truly not in it doing that stuff just to say you did it or what ever, It won't help. before I read the Bible I pray that God will help me to understand what it is that I'm reading, and aply it to my life.

Jopari

When did you come to realization that it wasn't enough to just pray daily and give him your grace?

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Some thing similar but no. I'm not saying he has to be in every thing, but once christians get to a certian piont in there spiritual growth they will wnt to glorify God in all they do. something almost like an adiction to glorify Him you could call it.

I don't think he'd want us to be obsessed with him. I'm an agnostic person, but if in the event there was a God of the conventional sort, I think it's more likely that he'd only care about people spending their life being helpful to others. It's not about increasing the Christian ranks. The theoretical all powerful and loving being would surely be above something so petty.

Marcus-Boy727

Well It's a sad thing. My Grandama died and I was like really close to her. And She wasn't a Christian. I thought then that just had to do what I could for God. so I dunno what I was really Thinking. I was hurt and confused, but some how it came out. It was a time of other trials to, My Dad lost his job, My sister's best freind died in a car accident and I just really prayed. It came from my heart and I really ment it. I think that's when I trully got saved.

Jopari

Did praying change anything? Or did you just feel better afterward? Weren't you angry at God for taking away all that?

Marcus-Boy727

I some what did only want comfort. and I wasn't angry at God. I sure did do a fair bit of crying, but I rememberd about Job in the Bible and he went through alot worse so I just kept on praying and reading the Bible. I may have only wanted comfort at first, but through all that it really just boosted my faith in him. I found out while I was reading that God puts us through trials for rerasons. One of them is so we trust in him more.

Jopari

Alright, I have another question. Why would a benevolent being intentionally send my loved one to hell, and take away the livelihood of my family to make me trust him more?

Marcus-Boy727

That is one of the questions I probably can't explain as well. I know he has a reason for doing it, I just need to find out why he had to do it that way. I can probably get an answer for that one later.

Jopari

People have been looking for an answer for that one since Epicurus. For reference, Epicurus was born 341 BCE.

It doesn't make you wonder though? Why would he hurt me if he loves me? I mean, if I hurt my girlfriend than I probably don't love her. I probably am abusing her because I'm a sadistic bastard.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The funniest part about Christians on this site is that a few parade around about how much of a sinful book Harry Potter is, but just by being here they've proven that they've played a game with just as much fantasy and magic. Oh, sigh.

Marcus-Boy727

It does make me wonder , but only so far. I get what you mean though. I know there's a passage in the Bible that might be close to an answer I just can't remember it right now.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
The funniest part about Christians on this site is that a few parade around about how much of a sinful book Harry Potter is, but just by being here they've proven that they've played a game with just as much fantasy and magic. Oh, sigh.

That's odd, I've never seen that.

Jopari

And it doesn't disturb you that in the Bible God kills more people than the Devil/Satan?

Marcus-Boy727

I've never seen it either. Most of my freinds love that book. I've never read it but I'm an inheritance cycle fan.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
The Bible only says not to practice witchcraft. It doesn't say THOU SHALT NOT HAVE A PROTAGANIST WHO IS NOT A ALLEGORY FOR JESUS!

As for video games, it's like anything else. Don't let it control your life. God goes first, eevrything else second

Jopari

Harry Potter is an allegory for Jesus. At least, that is what I got out of it.

Marcus-Boy727

I didn't get that first part. But about God killing more people, He did it for a reason he destroyed sodam and gamora they were evil. he made the ground swollow up isrealites and made snakes bite them and stuff. They dissobayed God and he punished them. He doesn't do any thing without a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back