• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Seriously? Over-analyzing - The retard side of theories.

Ven, is short of Ventus, not because it is significant, but because it's simply a nickname. Another reason for them call him Ven is because Ventus and Vanitas sound and look alike. They probably wanted something to seperate them, so they gave a nickname to one of them.

If you theory was even remotely true, Nomura would have mentioned something like "The reason why his name is shortened is somewhat important" instead of just "Ven is a nickname that is short for Ventus".
why would nomrua spoils omething imoprtant? have you noticed? around the time it was confirmed to a nickname, eraqus and vanitas have been taking the spotlight.

While I do believe he has a close connection with Vanitas, I think that the name Ven is just a nickname. But it did strike me odd how they formally revealed his full name after they called him Ven as if it was spoiler-ish.

same here. what even more odd if it was just a simple nickna,e, why couldnt they reveal it from the beginning?

the first time nomura said "it's an alias, his real name is much longer, just like how terra's name means earth in latin"

so why cover it up? he obviously hints it, and not that very good of hiding it, but you can still se some intentions behind it

Allister Rose

French Lover
It was called a nickname long before Vanitas was given his name and Eraqus made it to the spotlight...are you really thinking here.....

no it was assumed to be a nickname. still technically is. nomura really hasnt touched on ven's name.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
no it was assumed to be a nickname. still technically is. nomura really hasnt touched on ven's name.

No Nomura said his name was Ven for short, and that his actual name was longer, which happened to be Ventus in which he revealed a while back. It's a nick name

The only importance is that Ventus applies to the connection of the elements. The name Ven is more comfortable to his peers as a way of identifying themselves as ppl who know each other.

Vanitas is the one that holds importance to the name Ventus in the fact that they sound similar. That is all

Allister Rose

French Lover
No Nomura said his name was Ven for short, and that his actual name was longer, which happened to be Ventus in which he revealed a while back. It's a nick name

The only importance is that Ventus applies to the connection of the elements. The name Ven is more comfortable to his peers as a way of identifying themselves as ppl who know each other.

Vanitas is the one that holds importance to the name Ventus in the fact that they sound similar. That is all

Sigh...you just made an assumption yourself.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i have only seen anagrams and acronyms but toher than those i have yet to see the reason to merely shortening his name without being important again there wouldnt be no point in making a nickname if it has no plot to it
Because it's a nickname, a shortening of his original name more than likely so as to differentiate him from Vanitas, who has a similarly-spelt name. Not every fucking thing in KH has to have a special meaning behind it.
just like how xigbar calls Poppet,which is old english for puppet, i tihnk japanese had a different spelling that was puppet in french, still it had relevance to the story.
Which is entirely different, because a poppet is a doll, somewhat similar to what Xion actually is.

Allister Rose

French Lover
∞;4572285 said:
Because it's a nickname, a shortening of his original name more than likely so as to differentiate him from Vanitas, who has a similarly-spelt name. Not every fucking thing in KH has to have a special meaning behind it.

Which is entirely different, because a poppet is a doll, somewhat similar to what Xion actually is.

sigh....dont use te F word. i really suggest you didnt. Also this is going by many different theories, as if Vanitas was part of Ven or vise-wersa, because his name is similar to ven's that means vanitas was the one to create the connection between him. ventus wasnt originally meant to have connection to anything until vanitas appears.

Still a nickname could have hidden meaning. kh does that.

A

Audo

why would nomrua spoils omething imoprtant? have you noticed? around the time it was confirmed to a nickname, eraqus and vanitas have been taking the spotlight.t
It was confirmed to be a nickname two fucking years ago when the game was announced.
Seriously, give up.

Allister Rose

French Lover
It was confirmed to be a nickname two fucking years ago when the game was announced.
Seriously, give up.

you know it's pretty irnoic to tell me to give up...oh well...anyways, i find it odd to not official confirm his name and then suddenly confirm it later

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
i have only seen anagrams and acronyms but toher than those i have yet to see the reason to merely shortening his name without being important again there wouldnt be no point in making a nickname if it has no plot to it
yeah it doesnt need a point, ven has always been use, a person name ventus is always call ven by most.
its a common thing to do XD

dont think to much about it

Allister Rose

French Lover
yeah it doesnt need a point, ven has always been use, a person name ventus is always call ven by most.
its a common thing to do XD

dont think to much about it

i already forgot, i was hoping a more reasonable exxplanation. you know? i mean yeah it's a nick name and all but that's not really disproving the theory.

Yuuki

i already forgot, i was hoping a more reasonable exxplanation. you know? i mean yeah it's a nick name and all but that's not really disproving the theory.
i see, but i mean what are you looking for? what type of connection might the nickname "ven" have?

not everything needs a connection/point XD

Allister Rose

French Lover
i see, but i mean what are you looking for? what type of connection might the nickname "ven" have?

not everything needs a connection/point XD

ven is an incomplete, so his name is aswell,

remember in kh2 that nobodies were able to steal photos, but not just the photos but the word aswell? maybe the same applies here

Yuuki

ven is an incomplete, so his name is aswell,

remember in kh2 that nobodies were able to steal photos, but not just the photos but the word aswell? maybe the same applies here
i dont think so XD
whats the point of it then?

Yuuki

that some part of ven is missing and that the hint could have been in front of us all along.
ummm no >.>
that would be useless to the plot.

Allister Rose

French Lover
ummm no >.>
that would be useless to the plot.

i would like to ask how....but then agian not everything has to be as usefull.

i mean there already theories that ven isnt normal, or that ven has been altered or that ven's other half is vanitas (which is the point i'm making)

Yuuki

would like to ask how....but then agian not everything has to be as usefull.

i mean there already theories that ven isnt normal, or that ven has been altered or that ven's other half is vanitas (which is the point i'm making)
easy, whats the point of ven losing his name? how that does it change the plot? what exactly will that do? and why would he lose it?

and yes but some of the theorys are weird

Allister Rose

French Lover
easy, whats the point of ven losing his name? how that does it change the plot? what exactly will that do? and why would he lose it?

and yes but some of the theorys are weird

the point is to explain. what was the point losing his name? the point of losing his name was because he lost a part of himself. how does that change the plot? is it suppose to? what will exactly do? explain the alias/nickname.

again, this is possible, just not widely accepted. which is fine, i just dont like the excuses most of you use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back