• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why take over and betray the Organization?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
It may be an obvious answer that I simply overlooked, or something people never really looked into. Either way, I already know how he planned to do it; using Namine to manipulate Sora as his/their puppet.

But the main question is "Why?"

The overall goal of the Organization was to gain hearts, correct? They already have had similar goals, emphasized when Saix summoned heartless a few times for Sora ro defeat, and other situations. I assume Marluxia was planning to use Sora to eliminate the other members and/or use him to gain hearts. Either way, I'm sure their overall goal was to gain hearts otherwise he wouldn't have joined the Organization to begin either. I'm sure if Marluxia simply wanted to be leader, I don't know why someone such as Larxene would tag along, especially since her journal entry states how she trusts no one but herself.

So I ask again, why betray the Organization and is the reason really worth it?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It may be an obvious answer that I simply overlooked, or something people never really looked into. Either way, I already know how he planned to do it; using Namine to manipulate Sora as his/their puppet.

Well, maybe he just didn't like the way Xemnas ran things. Maybe he thought they'd achieve their golas faster if he was in charge, or something.

The overall goal of the Organization was to gain hearts, correct? They already have had similar goals, emphasized when Saix summoned heartless a few times for Sora ro defeat, and other situations. I assume Marluxia was planning to use Sora to eliminate the other members and/or use him to gain hearts. Either way, I'm sure their overall goal was to gain hearts otherwise he wouldn't have joined the Organization to begin either.

Well, I'm not so sure about that last part. Think about it: if he didn't join the Organization, where else would he go? The higher nobodies have no others but themselves to turn to. Maybe he thought that by joining he would be able to manipulate the members into pawns for his own ends.

I'm sure if Marluxia simply wanted to be leader, I don't know why someone such as Larxene would tag along, especially since her journal entry states how she trusts no one but herself.

Eh, well, maybe she simply thought he'd make a better leader than Xemnas. Maybe he promised her a position as second-in-command, or something along those lines. Or perhaps she was secretly planning on double crossing later as well, and take charge herself.

Answered above.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I was considering that, but wasn't he planning to eliminate everyone other than Larxene and Axel? If I'm correct in my wording, it seems if his plan were effective, only three members would have remained, even though he didn't realize Axel wasn't planning on cooperating.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Well, to be honest, I don't remember anything of the sort. If I recall correctly, he merely wished to take over the Organization, not eliminate the ones not in on his schemes. Then again, I haven't played that game in a while, so my memory might be a bit rusty.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
That's what pisses me off so bad about CoM. They kill the Org. members, in the excat same game, in few scenes, without even a personal reason as to why Marluxia or Larxene wanted to take over. Not to mention, that I found Larxene to be a deeper character than what she shows. I mean, if someone doesn't trust anyone, but herself, there's something there. And the way she died made her look like she was lost.

As for Marluxia...he never showed any hint that can make me think he's more in depth, he was just cold and stern, which just says he simply urged for power. So is hard to see what exactly he was thinking of wanting to do by his plot. Is it Xemnas, or the whole Org.? (I mean, if the members oppose him, he's obviously going to have them fight before they stop him, hence, possible deaths).

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Depending on the possible length of 358/2 days, it is possible that they will emphasize the CoM part more than we may think. I forgot if the story starts when Roxas was created or when Sora was put to sleep. If it was when Roxas was created, there's a slim chance of an expantion of this subject. What puts me to doubt is so very few people have brought this up that I am not sure if Nomura will even bother emphasizing.

I suppose it is pretty clear that no one is certain for the reasons and my speculations were correct. But I should probably wait for more responces, which makes me think I should have made this in the "Future of Kingdom Hearts" section.

It seems this might actually be a plothole.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, Nomura did say that 358/2 Days will begin when Roxas was created (it's his story), until he had to go back to Sora, or before placed in Twilight Town. Either one. But, it has been stated that it will cover from CoM, to KH2.

That's why I am putting some hope that what was missing in CoM, will be placed somewhat in there. Hell, even a scene where Marluxia and Larxene are plotting or how he got her into this will be amazing, as in her journal entry, it is put that she trusts no one, but herself.

Especially the answer I'm looking from those two Nobodies: Why?

Ranger_vega87

I've wondered this myself, they never do explain why Marluxia wanted to betray the organization. Was he just power hungry or did the organization do something too make him mad? Hopefully they'll give some kind of answer in 358/2

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

The overall goal of the Organization was to gain hearts, correct? They already have had similar goals, emphasized when Saix summoned heartless a few times for Sora ro defeat, and other situations. I assume Marluxia was planning to use Sora to eliminate the other members and/or use him to gain hearts. Either way, I'm sure their overall goal was to gain hearts otherwise he wouldn't have joined the Organization to begin either. I'm sure if Marluxia simply wanted to be leader, I don't know why someone such as Larxene would tag along, especially since her journal entry states how she trusts no one but herself.

I guess just because Marluxia was greedy and wanted power. He wanted Xemnas's position. Larxene probably tagged along to overthrow Marluxia once he had taken over.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

My guess would be that his plans o overthrowing could have been triggered by the greed of power but for other reasons its possible that Marluxia may have felt that he could guide the Organization in gaining hearts a better way. A revolution to be exact. If a strong person has the same goal as a leader but a different intake or idea of achieving it then obviously things wont run well and that person will try to bump the leader from his high horse. Of course Xemnas was no idiot so i doubt Marluxia would have overthrown him anyway.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
For the lulz, in all probability.

'Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely.' -Lord Acton

Ragnarocker

Remember that to have hearts they needed Kingdom Hearts. Maybe Marluxia wanted Kingdom Hearts for his own. Or maybe he overheard one of Xemnas's alone talking saying that he was going to use Kingdom Hearts for his own and make him remember he's past and he only made the org to make the process easier.

~ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back