• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why does Aqua lie to Ven in the beginning of BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody XIII

Website
www.tinierme.com
At the beginning of the game she says he's always lived there with them. Is that to keep him from finding out about the

=__= why will it not let me put a spoiler? Sorry I meant...about all the stuff he finds out about with MX and stuff later in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
[Aqua and Terra don't know anything about MX and his possible agenda.
At first, they even think MX is an ally of them.
Not even Master Eraqus knows the full story of what Xehanort did with Ven, he only realizes it when Ventus comes back to him in the middle of the game.

Spoilers are made like this [ Spoilers ] [ /Spoilers ]
Without the spaces however:
This is a spoiler.

Nevertheless, BBS doesn't need Spoilertags anymore, it's out long enough.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
[SPOILER=BBS Spoiler]"X-blade and MX being his keyblade master and stuff?"[/SPOILER]

That's how to type the spoiler code correctly. :)
(No matter, though; Since BBS has been out for a while, you don't need to put in spoiler tags)

Aqua probably meant that Ven's been there as long as he can remember. She didn't have any clue of Ven's true past and whatnot.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Aqua probably meant that Ven's been there as long as he can remember. She didn't have any clue of Ven's true past and whatnot.

Indeed, that's the most logical answer.
Ven was happy and already there for four years, so why bother him with his shady past he doesn't remember and the other's have no clue about.
Furthermore, Terra and Aqua do know there was a tragedy involved and Aqua probably also went by the old "rule" not to possibly open old wounds.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Indeed, that's the most logical answer.
Ven was happy and already there for four years, so why bother him with his shady past he doesn't remember and the other's have no clue about.
Furthermore, Terra and Aqua do know there was a tragedy involved and Aqua probably also went by the old "rule" not to possibly open old wounds.

Well, there is one other possibility: Master Eraqus told Terra and Aqua to avoid talking about Ven's past with him and pretend that he'd always lived there. Remember, Eraqus was being overprotective of Ven because he was afraid Xehanort might use him -- it wouldn't be out of character for him to want to keep Ven's past a secret, and it wouldn't have been out of character for Aqua to listen to him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, there is one other possibility: Master Eraqus told Terra and Aqua to avoid talking about Ven's past with him and pretend that he'd always lived there. Remember, Eraqus was being overprotective of Ven because he was afraid Xehanort might use him -- it wouldn't be out of character for him to want to keep Ven's past a secret, and it wouldn't have been out of character for Aqua to listen to him.

That maybe really another possibility...but I dunno, it was said that it were Terra and Aqua who not only treat Ven as their baby brother but also being overprotective (especially Aqua)...if that would hold true for Eraqus as well he wouldn't have tried to kill Ven later on.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Eraqus might've told them to keep a lid on it for Ven's sake regardless. We saw how much pain remembering brought him (and other characters in the series where Memories were involved), so it might've just been to spare the kid unnecessary hurting.
As for Eraqus wanting to kill Ven, while I do agree he's stupid for trying to do it (Vanitas could've still used Aqua, or just recreated the process) he was trying to save the universe in his own way. And in a way, Ven too because he'd spare him becoming a weapon.
I agree that might've been part of why Ven saw things the same way later on, but the fact remains - even Ven agreed to it eventually.

Nobody XIII

Website
www.tinierme.com
=D that's kinda what I was thinking
=/ 'cause when he did know...Eraqus tried to kill him. So if he didn't know, he wouldn't have to attack him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Eraqus might've told them to keep a lid on it for Ven's sake regardless. We saw how much pain remembering brought him (and other characters in the series where Memories were involved), so it might've just been to spare the kid unnecessary hurting.
That's practically what I said in my second post here too...;)

As for Eraqus wanting to kill Ven, while I do agree he's stupid for trying to do it (Vanitas could've still used Aqua, or just recreated the process) he was trying to save the universe in his own way. And in a way, Ven too because he'd spare him becoming a weapon.
I agree that might've been part of why Ven saw things the same way later on, but the fact remains - even Ven agreed to it eventually.
The old cliché of sacrifcing one to save all others, huh?
The kid agreed to it later on, yes, because he saw no other choice and didn't want Terra and Aqua to be hurt because of him...so he made the brave decision to perish on volution.
Eraqus on the other hand is another matter...instead of going on it that stupid he could also just have locked Ven away, fetch Aqua and Terra and then actually move his ass out and destroy the one orchestrating it all, Master Xehanort himself.
As powerful as that old goon is...I doubt he would have won against Aqua, Terra and Eraqus all ganging up on him at the same time. *ggg*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That's practically what I said in my second post here too...;)

I don't read threads too thoroughly nowadays, sorry xD;

Eraqus on the other hand is another matter...instead of going on it that stupid he could also just have locked Ven away, fetch Aqua and Terra and then actually move his ass out and destroy the one orchestrating it all, Master Xehanort himself.
As powerful as that old goon is...I doubt he would have won against Aqua, Terra and Eraqus all ganging up on him at the same time. *ggg*

You're forgetting that the old goon also had Vanitas with him. Terra and Eraqus are roughly of equal power as can be surmized from their fight, and we saw how easily MX wiped the floor with TAV already. I'm not sure Eraqus would've made much of a difference.
That aside, as much as I resent it, the man was desperate. Rational thought wasn't his forte at the moment. Though I do agree he was being petty, seeing how he failed to stop MX before so he lost it then.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't read threads too thoroughly nowadays, sorry xD;

I see, lol.

You're forgetting that the old goon also had Vanitas with him. Terra and Eraqus are roughly of equal power as can be surmized from their fight, and we saw how easily MX wiped the floor with TAV already. I'm not sure Eraqus would've made much of a difference.
That aside, as much as I resent it, the man was desperate. Rational thought wasn't his forte at the moment. Though I do agree he was being petty, seeing how he failed to stop MX before so he lost it then.

Indeed, how could I not count in the uber-troll in his power-ranger-suit...and the "old goon" is surely a great force to mess with...makes me wonder if Riku and Sora alone will really be enough to stop his now even stronger form in the future...

Desperate...yeah, and so was Terra...he would never have understand it. In this matter, Terra is actually much like Sora, he won't sacrifice a friend no matter what, especially it being the one he considers his younger brother.
In all overview...it really was a well-thought out scheme by MX...quite adept in psychology, that old goon.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
makes me wonder if Riku and Sora alone will really be enough to stop his now even stronger form in the future...

Well that's why Yen Sid wants to True Master-fy them both. Otherwise they won't even stand a chance.

In this matter, Terra is actually much like Sora, he won't sacrifice a friend no matter what, especially it being the one he considers his younger brother.

I think the way he handles himself is more Riku-like, only without the Darkness clouding Riku's senses. :p They ARE the obvious comparison and Riku's like Sora in that sense too, outside KH1 xD;

In all overview...it really was a well-thought out scheme by MX...quite adept in psychology, that old goon.

Well, he has known Eraqus for years and was as close to him as a brother. I wonder if he considered how much Aqua'd play along, too.

State

Awards
makes me wonder if Riku and Sora alone will really be enough to stop his now even stronger form in the future...
I presume that Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, and Master Yen Sid would be enough of a team to beat Master Xehanort.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Implying Sora minus Ven's Heart = Sora as we know him. Which might not be the case, depending on the precise balance between them. We already know Sora's been using Ven's powers due to him Duel Wielding, the question is how much will he lose if at all once Ven is removed from him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I presume that Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, and Master Yen Sid would be enough of a team to beat Master Xehanort.

That would require Yen Sid to come out of retirement, which I highly doubt.
Also, depending on where Terra really is now we can probably count in Terra in the Team as well.
(I won't include Roxas and Xion here because then the thread is probably going to be filled by the "they shouldn't be back"-faction again, lol)

Smile said:
Implying Sora minus Ven's Heart = Sora as we know him. Which might not be the case, depending on the precise balance between them. We already know Sora's been using Ven's powers due to him Duel Wielding, the question is how much will he lose if at all once Ven is removed from him.

Sorry, on what is that answer directed now?

Also I think you're overcomplicating things a bit too much here. It was already confirmed by the official sources that Sora didn't inherit or gained anything from Ven except the power to use his keyblade, which was also only then activated when Roxas got an emotional shock and literally "pulled" the second blade out of Ven's injured heart which was already "strained" by being used by him and Xion scratching on it to pull out some of Ven's memories.
Ven is also sleeping most if not all the time in order to bear the pain of his crippled heart...so I would doubt it having much more influence on Sora.
The pieces we see of Sora as a 4year-old in BBS also hint that his personality was very apparent from the beginning, before he actually allowed Ven's heart in.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sorry, on what is that answer directed now?

Serph.

Also I think you're overcomplicating things a bit too much here. It was already confirmed by the official sources that Sora didn't inherit or gained anything from Ven except the power to use his keyblade, which was also only then activated when Roxas got an emotional shock and literally "pulled" the second blade out of Ven's injured heart which was already "strained" by being used by him and Xion scratching on it to pull out some of Ven's memories.

We already debated and agreed that it's possible to likely that Sora was able to Wield the Keyblade to begin with because of Ven. Sora was then chosen by the Keyblade properly and thus went about an odd route to Wielderhood, meaning that his very Wielding now isn't Ven-oriented, but it's possible for instance that at the beginning he did have it.
Also, the fact remains that Ven's active to any sort of degree inside Sora, in no small part thanks to Roxas and Xion.

Ven is also sleeping most if not all the time in order to bear the pain of his crippled heart...so I would doubt it having much more influence on Sora.

And yet Wielding happens.

The pieces we see of Sora as a 4year-old in BBS also hint that his personality was very apparent from the beginning, before he actually allowed Ven's heart in.

1) Sora merged his Heart with Ven's before he was properly born. He had the guy's face. He was already affected.
2) Not talking about personality here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back