• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why can't medals from Disney films not represented* by KH come into UX?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
*Cruella doesn't count cause there wasn't a world, just Dalmations in Traverse Town. And I already had Baymax done before I cried over the lack of Robin Hood in KH.

I took Sign's base 6* medal and wondered what it'd be like if Disney artwork was put in place. Now I'm upset that, other than Zootopia, this perfect opportunity for non-KH represented Disney materials have not worked their way into UX other than costumes.

After the Zootopia event I was really hoping Finding Dory might get a medal or two but alas, nothing has come to fruition (all hope is not yet lost because FD doesn't come to Japan for another few weeks but I'm not holding on to too much hope).

I think it would be awesome if Disney and Square used Unchained X to bridge in those as-of-yet unrepresented characters with the artwork that's been released. It's not like it's a hard job to do, I whipped these up in a few minutes (of course they look ugly because it was done in a short time but the UX people are professionals and would do a much better job).

N4xnuMl.png
XJqIWEG.png

DBsgbuO.png
6rgCJQF.png

k0dNx0X.png
cgNhJ8C.png

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I get that there's a lot of FF and Disney characters, as well as original KH characters, that have yet to make it in as medals, but I really could do without a few Sora's and instead get some really original ones that haven't been in KH yet :(

What about you? Would you like to see some medals from Disney movies that haven't been represented in KH yet?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The specialty about Zootopia was that it was not limited to medals, there were also outfits and quests associated with the movie in Unchained X. Truth be told, I'm not all too fussed about the kind of medals that they introduce because they're disposable. At the very least, Big Hero 6 and Tangled medals are the necessity right now because of their Kingdom Hearts III confirmation.

You shouldn't just plop in Disney character just because they haven't been represented yet. That's a silly idea and a waste of resources.

Fata1Thumbs

Now I want a Baymax medal. He would have to be Power medal. Str+ 2 teirs plus Healing. Like the Pooh and Piglet.

"Are you satisfied with your care?"

"Bahalalala."

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I think they should "plop in" Disney chars that haven't been represented in the series before. I mean the whole idea of the series is that every star is a world, and it is impossible for us to visit all of them. Why not use Unchained as a way to pay homage to some of the Disney titles that may not work as their own individual worlds, or which might be a long ways off from getting a world. What does it hurt, really? It just builds up the KH Universe more, and will likely get people excited. If they're tied to events like Zootopia was, even better. I certainly don't see the harm. This title lends itself quite well to this. It's low commitment.

everlight

Awards
THIS:

Whew I'm 120% hyped if they use ONCE as medals in KHx. Also, seeing Zootopia got an exclusive event, I think there is still a hope for future big Disney movies (like Finding Dory, or even Moana) to get another similar event. They may want to focus on releasing any available characters first before moving to non-existent Disney characters (yet) in the game, though.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I honestly just want TWEWY medals.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I understand why past Disney films that arent in KH aren't being represented in UX, but I really hope that future Disney animated films get represented similar to how the Zootopia event was released. I could totally see them doing Moana next seeing that is Disney's next big "princess" film. They obviously would want to capitalize on the hype and excitement surrounding those future films.

Whew I'm 120% hyped if they use ONCE as medals in KHx. Also, seeing Zootopia got an exclusive event, I think there is still a hope for future big Disney movies (like Finding Dory, or even Moana) to get another similar event. They may want to focus on releasing any available characters first before moving to non-existent Disney characters (yet) in the game, though.

It's never gonna happen, but my god I would die if I could use a Regina medal in the game!!!

That was one of the things I suggested in the survey. I could see them doing a future event revolving only around TWEWY medals.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The specialty about Zootopia was that it was not limited to medals, there were also outfits and quests associated with the movie in Unchained X.
You know there are outfits that were created for characters who haven't been represented in Kingdom Hearts via worlds yet right? Perfect opportunity to drop them into the mobile game with medals

ai229.png
ai230.png
ai259.png
ai235.png
ai215.png
ai216.png

Unchained is fun, and it's cute, and I feel that broadening the Disney aspect of the series to reach material that hasn't, as of yet, been seen in the series would be awesome especially now that we're almost 600 medals deep into KH characters.

You shouldn't just plop in Disney character just because they haven't been represented yet. That's a silly idea and a waste of resources.
How is it a waste when they'd be doing exactly the same thing as any other medal?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
i want fairy wings ;-;

What are the outfits on the right from/based on? I'm having trouble placing it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Waste of resources? If anything, it broadens UX's appeal to even more Disney fans. Isn't that a good thing?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You know there are outfits that were created for characters who haven't been represented in Kingdom Hearts via worlds yet right? Perfect opportunity to drop them into the mobile game with medals

ai229.png
ai230.png
ai259.png
ai235.png
ai215.png
ai216.png

Unchained is fun, and it's cute, and I feel that broadening the Disney aspect of the series to reach material that hasn't, as of yet, been seen in the series would be awesome especially now that we're almost 600 medals deep into KH characters.

Mate, those aren't medals, they're Outfits. My initial point still stands. Zootopia had medals because there were outfits and quests associated with the promotion of the movie. Let lesser Disney properties be represented with Outfits. Outfits are customisable and make you feel as though you're playing a Disney character. Medals get chucked away for stronger Medals.

How is it a waste when they'd be doing exactly the same thing as any other medal?

Because it's a quantity over quality approach if you just say "Oh, this character hasn't been represented in Kingdom Hearts yet, let's plop a medal for them because I like them!".

Plus, you also have to put into consideration the art-style for a lot of the requested Disney Animation characters. Zootopia's CG renders worked because they were clear high fidelity renders. Disney Animation characters in the CG category are most likely going to be worlds for Kingdom Hearts III anyway. And as for the hand drawn characters, Nomura would have to go through the effort of creating his own art faithful to the Disney characters, because to be brutally honest, those examples of Baloo and Cruella clash really really badly with their official character promotional art.

Waste of resources? If anything, it broadens UX's appeal to even more Disney fans. Isn't that a good thing?

A medal with a Disney character not yet represented in Kingdom Hearts isn't really that much of a selling point because they're easily replaceable. Outfits and quests on the other hand are because they expand beyond a disposable medal that can be easily replaced, and, they add a sense of visual style and personality to the avatar character. If Square Enix wants to have un-represented Disney characters medals in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X then they should go all out like they did with Zootopia. Medals, Outfits and Quests. That makes the non-represented Disney character Medals feel viable. Because the medal has a lot of unlockables associated with it.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Could I ask where you got the 6-star Reversed base Medal from? D:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

This!! Please make it happen SE. Other than that I don't really care. I've never been a Disney fan and I'm mostly here for the original characters and worlds.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Mate, those aren't medals, they're Outfits. My initial point still stands. Zootopia had medals because there were outfits and quests associated with the promotion of the movie. Let lesser Disney properties be represented with Outfits. Outfits are customisable and make you feel as though you're playing a Disney character. Medals get chucked away for stronger Medals.
You said that Zootopia worked because outfits and quests (which was really a single area that lead to a raid) were given as well. I responded with some outfits that are not in Unchained X yet and I said that the outfits could be given with the medals and an event as well.

Cruella outfits being sold for 3000 jewels with a Cruella outfit, a Neverland event where the Terence medal can be won from an Event Board with the outfit as well. This is all achievable just from working with Disney.

Because it's a quantity over quality approach if you just say "Oh, this character hasn't been represented in Kingdom Hearts yet, let's plop a medal for them because I like them!".
You don't think it's a little weird that we have a medal of Goofy in an outfit he wore for like 4 minutes screen time total in the entire series? Or there are 14 separate groups of Sora medals? I get that Sora is in a lot of games but man, one set of KH1 Sora medals would have been enough.

And as for the hand drawn characters, Nomura would have to go through the effort of creating his own art faithful to the Disney characters, because to be brutally honest, those examples of Baloo and Cruella clash really really badly with their official character promotional art.
I know that Nomura is the creator of the series and is listed as the Director for a lot of the games but I have noticed a lot of people put him as the sole person working on everything in a games development. If a keyblade animation looks weird, it's "Nomura needs to go in a fix it". He does sign off on things like the design of the characters and a bunch of other things, but for Unchained X which has Hiroyuki Itou as it's main director and being outsourced to various companies, I really don't think things go through Nomura for approval. He is a director, but as far as I remember he just writes some of the quest lines that tie into the games he is actually focusing on. My point here is he doesn't need to redraw them because it isn't necessary.

Also, the Baloo artwork came from the Diamond Edition artwork of The Jungle Book. It is official character promotional art. You may have a point with Cruella because I just got it from the Disney Wiki.

A medal with a Disney character not yet represented in Kingdom Hearts isn't really that much of a selling point because they're easily replaceable. Outfits and quests on the other hand are because they expand beyond a disposable medal that can be easily replaced, and, they add a sense of visual style and personality to the avatar character.
The Zootopia event featured 3000 jewel boards where you paid for the outfits and got a medal as well were fantastic. I know they're not everyones cup of tea but they were medals I kept with me for a while. And getting an exclusive medal like say Dory is a great bragging point for some, and a nice collectable for those who are completionists.

If Square Enix wants to have un-represented Disney characters medals in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X then they should go all out like they did with Zootopia. Medals, Outfits and Quests. That makes the non-represented Disney character Medals feel viable. Because the medal has a lot of unlockables associated with it.
Which is exactly why I linked those outfits from the PC game. They've taken the time to prepare outfits in the past, even from the Tinkerbell series of films! Working with Disney, this would allow a larger catalogue of Disney films to be represented in the Kingdom Hearts series. Multiple medals of the same characters over and over might be nice for some, but it would just be really fresh and outside the box if they got official artwork from Disney and worked them into medals and really hit that sweet, sweet Disney spot.

I hope this makes things a little bit more clear, from my perspective. I understand that you much prefer medals based on the history of Kingdom Hearts, and I recognise there's a lot to go such as Young Xehanort and more. But they do pump medals out fairly quickly and are approaching 600 medals, and if they want this to be long lasting game then they're going to run out sooner than later...

Could I ask where you got the 6-star Reversed base Medal from? D:
I got it from Sign who placed it, according to my internet history, here. I only got access to it after I made Cruella and I couldn't go back and fix it up, much to my dismay.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Personally, I would love to see Atlantis represented in some shape of form. (Yes, it's Disney.) If they're going to do all these medals, why can't we get a Kida or Milo medal, or a Kida outfit? Also, I'm pretty sure Treasure Planet is Disney. These two movies could really use some representation, both in Unchained X and KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back