• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who's dumber - Terra or Anakin Skywalker?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venx

Just realized that Terra & Anakin basicly felt for the same trick, but who felt for the dumber plan?

Terra was a great Keybladewielder and never needed darkness unlike Riku who had nothing. He was just prone for darkness, because I don't know. When I grow up as one of the last living keybladewielder, with a lighthearted chick like aqua and a master that really cares about me, I would probably be pissed all the time, too. When the evil looking man with his dark keyblade appears and he's obviously causing trouble, Terra just believes everything without asking any questions. Then he rescued Xehanort from Braig.....you know? When Braig kidnaped the keyblademaster and captivated him on a huge pipe. Then Terra is fighting him and Xehanort screamed: "Kill him Anakin!"...or something like that.
At least when Terra loses his body his armor does what he couldn't do all the time.

Unlike Terra, Anakin is just an asshole. I think he didn't even try to do anything that makes sense. Palpatine is talking about the Sith like Xehanort about darkness and he is like: "Oh, that sounds nice. I should join you, what could happen?". In Episode 3 he finds Palpatine captivated in a nice chair and they fight count dooku. When Anakin had the choice to let him live or kill him Palpatine screams: "Use the keyblade!"...or something like that. Then there is more about the sith, Anakin is pissed because he's the first person at his age that can join the council, but not beeing a master! Well, the guy that Anakin knew for years got killed by him, because he fought the one sith they were always looking for ages and Anakin starts killing everyone to save his wife (that he chokes to death after he killed everyone).

I still like Terra, but Xehanorts plan wasn't better than palpatines. Xehanorts was just not full of pointless politics that made no sense. My vote goes to Anakin for beeing dumb and beeing an asshole all the time.

Let's discuss!

Emperor

There's nothing really to discuss here if you've seen the prequels of Star Wars. Terra was stupid, sure, but the choice is obviously Anakin.

Terra actually tried to get guidance from his seniors, but both of them were misguided in their own way, so he was screwed no matter what.

Anakin never really listened to anybody and just did whatever the hell he wanted to because he believed his judgement was better than everybody else's.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
They aren't the same person? =w=
No. You know Terra's actually Batman. Seriously, I've seen seven-year-olds who can figure that out.

Ahem. Despite this being an FI thread, I feel inclined to take it a little seriously. BBS had enough Star Wars references to set my nerd senses off, and the most by far were concentrated in Terra's story arc. Sadly, it was the stuff that everyone HATED... Anakin.

Hm, let's see... Anakin and Terra. Pursuit and "obsession" with power are defining traits and source of eventual downfall. Both were tricked by an old, persuasive, (and stupid-powerful, and creepy, and EVIL) old guy into going against what they were taught, which eventually culminates in them killing a former ally and turing evil in some way. None of this was helped by the fact that they both had chips on their shoulders about not being named masters because of aforementioned power problems, chips that the creepy old guys exploited to all hell. The power they sought was also meant to save/protect those they cared about most.

To his credit, however, Terra doesn't act like a whiny b*tch, not nearly as much as Anakin. Getting rejected from a title might've gotten him kind of mopey and open to Xehanort's flattery, but he doesn't throw an "it's not fair!" tantrum. He's also not insufferably arrogant, again, unlike Anakin. Unfortunately, he's just really. Freaking. Gullible. Even other Disney characters have pointed this out.

Of course, it's one thing to be easily mislead, especially when the main trickster was a well-respected authority figure in Terra's eyes. It's quite another to quite plainly perceive that something is VERY wrong, yet go with it ANYWAYS. Which is exactly what Anakin does at every given moment during Episode III; he beheads Dooku despite acknowledging out loud and contemplating it, he learns that Palpatine is the Sith Lord and says that he ought to kill him then and there but doesn't, and kills another Jedi to stop him from eliminating Palpatine... and promptly goes full Sith Lord!

So, Terra's shout-out moments... he scarred and blinded Braig in the heat of the moment, when put under pressure and forced to retaliate without much time to contemplate consequences. Xehanort doesn't drop many hints about his evil plans... honestly, the only big giveaways are his creepy-evil appearance/mannerisms, and events that Terra had no way of knowing about. And when Terra "helped" Xehanort kill Eraqus... for one thing, the fight got started because Terra was trying to keep his master from murdering his little brother. Xehanort was the one to actually kill Eraqus, swooping in out of nowhere to steal the kill, and this didn't prompt Terra to pledge himself to the Dark Side or whatever.

Terra's naive as all hell, but he's not nearly as stupid as Anakin. He could at least see evil for what it was... EVIL. Not something to ally yourself with!

Anagram

Banned
Psssshhhh girl you trippin totes. Batman is totally older Terra who is japanese Anakin while real world Anakin wishes he was Terra but doesn't know he is his nobody.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'd say Anakin, because of one reason: Terra never turned to the dark side, or the darkness in this case. Sure, he was gullible enough to help them out, but so was Anakin. The difference was that Terra knew that it was wrong what he was doing in the end; plus, with idiots like Eraqus and Xehanort being the leaders of the free universe, can you blame him? Anakin, on the other hand, went from "I'm turning you into the Jedi Council where you will be put on trial" to "Slaughter baby Jedi? Sure, sounds like a party!" In the same fucking scene! No one can convince me that Terra is worse than Anakin, especially with Anakin's horrible acting, storytelling, character development, and pacing that surpasses even Terra's! (Terra is still cancer on a stick, though)

Venx

Isn't the smarter person who gets tricked by the same stupid Plan like the idiot even dumber? Let's get philosophical.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh my god it's definitely Te- err Ana-...hm.
Okay, I vote Anakin.
First off, his motives fcking suck. I admit I'm not the biggest Star Wars Fan but from what I understood, he's a whiny beyotch who doesn't like when people tell him to obey. (Okay, obeying for no real reasons and believing every bullshit isn't really smart either...sorry Terra)
I gotta admit tho, the acting is part of my hatred. Sorry, Hayden, but you annoyed the hell outta me.
They're both incredibly dumb, but I like Terra at least a little better than Anakin...

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Gotta cast my vote to Anakin. Terra may be stupid, but even he doesn't quite compete with Anakin. Between the two, I think Anakin's reasons for villainy were disgustingly shallow. The prequel movie trilogy do a downright horrible job of showing Anakin's lust for power, so we're mostly left with seeing his descent into villainy being...losing Padme. Granted, losing someone you love very much can seriously screw someone up (see Love Makes You Evil on TV Tropes), but the way they portrayed it was so slapdashingly shallow and forced. Terra at least was smart enough to rebel against Xehanort at the end and his reasons for doing what he did throughout the game hold some degree of merit. Anakin's...did not.

Empress Mitsuru

I'd say Terra and Anakin have a lot in common, right down to their darker identities (Xemnas and Darth Vader), but Anakin is definitely stupider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back