• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who is Vanitas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacex

Re: Why Vanitas face is still covered!

I think the reason Vanita's fighting stance and dark armor are simalar to riku's is because this Master Xehanort guy seems to possibly be an ancestor of Xehanort and since Xehanort's Heartless gave Riku the dark armor and in the KH2 BBS secret ending Vanitas seems to 'separate' from Master Xehanort...
DING! DING!
Can anyone see a connection?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

If Vanitas existed at the same time as Ven, how would that work?
Ven's losing his memories for whatever reasons; his memories and darkness produced by them have to go somewhere.

Vanitas already wears a dark suit like Riku, shares a battle stance, and sounds almost exactly the same. Isn't that enough?

Riku's a kid at this time. Maybe there's a connection between the two, but a connection between Vanitas and Ven is already confirmed.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Ven's losing his memories for whatever reasons; his memories and darkness produced by them have to go somewhere.

Intresting........

Riku's a kid at this time. Maybe there's a connection between the two, but a connection between Vanitas and Ven is already confirmed.

How does stop him from looking like Riku. (hello does the name roxas mean anything to you)

Izayoi

galactic cancer

You know it has been rationally theorized that Van looks like Riku, or "what Riku's Nobody would look like". If Ven can look like somebody 'from the future', why can't Van? Maybe Ven heart or whatever ends up going to Sora, and Van's to Riku, continuing their rivalry and influences the two characters when they get older?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

How does stop him from looking like Riku. (hello does the name roxas mean anything to you)
Never said it stopped him...but memories apparently determine appearance, and Vanitas probably can't look like KH1 Riku if the latter hadn't developed those memories yet.

Roxas looks like Ven probably through Ven's memories.

You know it has been rationally theorized that Van looks like Riku, or "what Riku's Nobody would look like". If Ven can look like somebody 'from the future', why can't Van? Maybe Ven heart or whatever ends up going to Sora, and Van's to Riku, continuing their rivalry and influences the two characters when they get older?

Difference is is that Riku already exists, and he seems to carry out his appearance throughout the series.

Khaki45

Naw we saw him shortly after BBs he was to tall.

(Unless he had an insane growth spurt like Riku)

Was that shortly after Birth by Sleep...or was that 10 years later? hmm I might need to get my timeline right....

If THAT scene was shortly after BBS...then my theory is good as gone.

Izayoi

galactic cancer

Never said it stopped him...but memories apparently determine appearance, and Vanitas probably can't look like KH1 Riku if the latter hadn't developed those memories yet.

Roxas looks like Ven probably through Ven's memories.

Difference is is that Riku already exists, and he seems to carry out his appearance throughout the series.

I am going to spare explaining stuff from memory, and instead I dug up this.

http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/137532-underneath-mask.html

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

i mean if you think about it riku gave into darkness and ansem(SoD) was controlling his body,,and vanitas has some sort of the same sotry..

Riku had the suit before XH took him over.

Still how would he look and act like people of the future?

The same way Ven looks like Roxas?

REALLY stupid Idea, no offense, but thanks for some in put! maybe i'll post a theory soon, MAYBE.

Really stupid post. =|

Was that shortly after Birth by Sleep...or was that 10 years later? hmm I might need to get my timeline right....

If THAT scene was shortly after BBS...then my theory is good as gone.

The flashback scene happened a few months to several months after BBS, before Ansem was banished.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Im not bashing, just bring up evidence that is guesses are incorrect, furthermore helping him make more accurate guesses. If i had to guess, i would say its some sort of dark reincarnation of Ven.
How can Vanitas be a reincarnation of Ven if Ven isn't dead yet? :<

Still how would he look and act like people of the future?
This makes no sense. If you're going to talk like that, you should be saying "Why does Roxas look like someone from the past" rather than "Why does Ventus look like someone from the future" >_>; Just to say, Ventus came first, so Roxas looks like Ventus, NOT vice versa.

Vanitas's face will be revealed at the end of the game, and we know it's gonna be a shocker. It doesn't have to be any of the three (they are all unlikely anyway). It seems more like assumptions based on Vanitas and Ven's "rivalry" and their similar names.
Eh, he'll be revealed about halfway through. I can't see them waiting until the end of the game to show him off. :\

Well you guys have made good points its still likley probally someone we've seen in a previous game other whys not just show his face if its a new character.
My thoughts exactly. They've shown us Terra, Aqua, Erauqs, Master Xehanort; all original faces. Ventus was shown because he's the completion of the trio of Terra+Aqua. If Vanitas was a brand new character design, we'd have seen his face already. I'm about 90% sure he looks nearly identical to an already-existing character. :\ Hell, maybe his face is just that of the Guardian Xehanort's Heartless uses in KH1.

I think the reason Vanita's fighting stance and dark armor are simalar to riku's is because this Master Xehanort guy seems to possibly be an ancestor of Xehanort and since Xehanort's Heartless gave Riku the dark armor and in the KH2 BBS secret ending Vanitas seems to 'separate' from Master Xehanort...
DING! DING!
Can anyone see a connection?
...ancestor...? Xehanort is ~30 when working under Ansem, less than a year after BBS. Master Xehanort is that guy's ancestor? Eh, extremely doubtful. The only thing that connects them is their Name and his clothes in the secret BBS ending. :\

I don't think it does, really, but bringing Roxas into this is dumb. Riku is alive at the same time as Vanitas... Roxas doesn't become formed for another ~10 years... There is no comparison to be made between those two (Riku and Roxas). >>; Using one as the basis for the other's argument is invalid.

H

Heolstor

He's probably Xehanort. Or connected somehow.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

Riku had the suit before XH took him over.

Dude, I'm pretty sure Riku didn't have that suit until XH took over his body remember? Unless you mean something else?

Also, imagine if it's Xion? I mean, like her somebody, not her nobody.

It's probably somebody totally new. Though I wouldn't be suprised if it was somebody familiar. Somebody looks like Somebody these days lol.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Dude, I'm pretty sure Riku didn't have that suit until XH took over his body remember? Unless you mean something else?

Also, imagine if it's Xion? I mean, like her somebody, not her nobody.

It's probably somebody totally new. Though I wouldn't be suprised if it was somebody familiar. Somebody looks like Somebody these days lol.

Xion isn't a Nobody... She's a Replica of Sora, built to keep Sora in stasis indefinitely and to take Roxas' powers in order for the Organization to have a Keyblade Wielder that they can control...

Samhain

Bronze Member

can't we just keep this short and sweet?

1- Vanitas face still covered = bring up more hype; a face that resembles a character we know?

2- he isnt riku, ven, or sora. that's just completely idiotic. he CAN be an unverse. a heartless, and nobody had human body structures. why not an unverse? he seems to be deeply connected into ven

3- he's not freaking xehanort...well alone he isn't. too young to be xehanort.
Vanitas = teenage years like Riku
Xehanort = '30s

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

No, he had the suit before then.

, imagine if it's Xion? I mean, like her somebody, not her nobody.

You haven't played Days have you...

the only characters Nomura said were new, were TAV, and their Master

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com

i really wouldnt pass nomu off for doing something like making van into a sora or riku clone (or vice versa XD)
nomu is like that sometimes (and yet, we love him for it X3)

he did it for ven/roxas, kairi/namine/xion and AnsemTW/AnsemSoD/AnsemAppr./Xemnas/terra/M.Ansem/rikunort/ect. whos to say he wont do it again?

(looks at ansem list)
dang, that's a lot of ansems:confused::eek::cry:

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

i really wouldnt pass nomu off for doing something like making van into a sora or riku clone (or vice versa XD)
nomu is like that sometimes (and yet, we love him for it X3)

he did it for ven/roxas, kairi/namine/xion and AnsemTW/AnsemSoD/AnsemAppr./Xemnas/terra/M.Ansem/rikunort/ect. whos to say he wont do it again?

(looks at ansem list)
dang, that's a lot of ansems:confused::eek::cry:

you added some that didn't need to be added,
AnsemTW is Master Ansem, and we know nothing of Terra's relationship to Xehanort at this point

kingudamu

Website
sora-no-haatsu.deviantart.com

you added some that didn't need to be added,
AnsemTW is Master Ansem, and we know nothing of Terra's relationship to Xehanort at this point

err......

oops- typo alert! Master XEHANORT not ansem! (sorries!)

and- yeah i know i posted more ansems than needed. i was emphisising the fact that there are way too many ansem for one series to bare...right?

but anyways-

worst case scenario is that van will be a game version of nomu or someone else on the kh team- like they did in twewy. The did it with the creator of FF (who's name has slipped my mind) with Erauqs i can see him doing it again X3 (or not XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back