• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who here hates Xmas???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
seshomaru677 said:
uh huh right well show us a body or something if he really existed. If you just say " he existed" then we should just say your idiot. Somebody could have just wrote a book like that because they couldnt stand the thought that you just rot in the ground, you dont go anywhere you dont do anything at all.
Show me George Washington's body.

Chaos-Shadow

Shadow
Website
www.myspace.com
TheMuffinMan said:
I have mixed views on Xmas. It's both good and bad for me.

It's rather depressing for me because it's a time I realize how poor my family really has it.

My dad works overtime to try and get enough money for presents, my mom gets depressed because she can't give her children what they want, we don't have any living relatives to enjoy the holidays with, all the rich familey's around us show off what great things they get, and have thier nice houses full of lights and pretty decorations and such.

You wanna know what my last christmas was like? 2 weeks beforehand my parents said that we didn't have enough money for a proper christmas, so we had to stray from our usual traditions, and only our little sister would get presents since she was a priority over us. We had to get a cheap plastic tree off Ebay, we couldn't get decorations for it, or our house.

My step-dad got us all one present at the alst minute, I guess he felt guilty or something. I got a 5 dollar watch with a calculator in it, my one sister got a blanket, the other got some socks and underwear, and my other got a cd player.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I just feel that some people are rather oblivious to how bad other people really get it when they're getting PSP's, Nintendo DS's, computers, movies, and others. Those who have never really had a bad xmas see some of us as scrooges for not liking the season, but how can you really judge them if you've never had a time in your life where you couldn't get somehting you wanted? Where your mom cried because her relatives weren't alive to be there, and couldn't get her kids anyhting but a watch and some socks? Where your dad worked multiple jobs and overtime, only to have it taken away through taxes and given to his ex-wife right before the holidays?

Not every else see's this as a time of cheer and love, giving and hope. Soe people just overall have a really crappy xmas.

Like I said, I'm not complaining, you you can't really be scornful at someone for not enjoying the holidays, jsut because you've never had an unhappy xmas.

Thats sad muffinman,im sorry,even though i barly know you,i wish their was something i can do,but im only 15 :( if i could and had aa job id get a gift for all ur family members.

Bakuryu kun

TheMuffinMan said:
I have mixed views on Xmas. It's both good and bad for me.

It's rather depressing for me because it's a time I realize how poor my family really has it.

My dad works overtime to try and get enough money for presents, my mom gets depressed because she can't give her children what they want, we don't have any living relatives to enjoy the holidays with, all the rich familey's around us show off what great things they get, and have thier nice houses full of lights and pretty decorations and such.

You wanna know what my last christmas was like? 2 weeks beforehand my parents said that we didn't have enough money for a proper christmas, so we had to stray from our usual traditions, and only our little sister would get presents since she was a priority over us. We had to get a cheap plastic tree off Ebay, we couldn't get decorations for it, or our house.

My step-dad got us all one present at the alst minute, I guess he felt guilty or something. I got a 5 dollar watch with a calculator in it, my one sister got a blanket, the other got some socks and underwear, and my other got a cd player.

I'm not complaining or anything, but I just feel that some people are rather oblivious to how bad other people really get it when they're getting PSP's, Nintendo DS's, computers, movies, and others. Those who have never really had a bad xmas see some of us as scrooges for not liking the season, but how can you really judge them if you've never had a time in your life where you couldn't get somehting you wanted? Where your mom cried because her relatives weren't alive to be there, and couldn't get her kids anyhting but a watch and some socks? Where your dad worked multiple jobs and overtime, only to have it taken away through taxes and given to his ex-wife right before the holidays?

Not every else see's this as a time of cheer and love, giving and hope. Some people just overall have a really crappy xmas.

Like I said, I'm not complaining, you you can't really be scornful at someone for not enjoying the holidays, jsut because you've never had an unhappy xmas.
you call THAT crappy?! dude if I were you I'd be happy as hell to get that watch! y'know why? it's proof of just how much your parents care and want you to have a good christmas, the fact is, I bet you your parents worked their ASSES off to get you that stuff, and to me that's alot more meaningful then a rich person buying his/her child a stupid Xbox 360 with spare change they have....and also...speaking of rich people...you people seem to forget that most parents want to see give their child the christmas of their dreams...wether they can fufill it or not for any reason is irrelevent the point poor parents and richer parents want the same thing and people seem to like to make them look like evil people...but you must consider....if a poor family suddenly became rich just in time for christmas, I can almost guarantee that they'd get their kid everything on their wishlist...are they suddenly "undeserving" of this? of course not! because people are people rich or poor...so let's not pretend their not.

All in All, the watch that you recieved and the Xbox 360 that some rich kid is going to recieve are both bought by the repective parents in hope of the same effect...to make their kids happy...and I don't see anything "unhappy" about that at all... so what if his is more expensive...the point is they CARE and that's all that the gifts are really supposed to represent...

Last edited:

Bakuryu kun

seshomaru677 said:
uh huh right well show us a body or something if he really existed. If you just say " he existed" then we should just say your idiot. Somebody could have just wrote a book like that because they couldnt stand the thought that you just rot in the ground, you dont go anywhere you dont do anything at all.
actually I have to disagree....your not giving death enough credit...when we die...the materials that we are made of end up decomposing and feeding the earth and enriching the soil, where we basically become a tiny peice of the foundation of new life....I woudn't call that "nothing"

K

Kegluneq

Bakuryu kun said:
actually I have to disagree....your not giving death enough credit...when we die...the materials that we are made of end up decomposing and feeding the earth and enriching the soil, where we basically become a tiny peice of the foundation of new life....I woudn't call that "nothing"
oh thanks for clearing that up for me.. I kinda feel like him now.....

Shallow

I don't hate Xmas but I only like it because I get gifts lol. That is the only thing I like about it and also the warm feeling about it too.

C

cam ron 77

I don't hate christmas, its jesus' birthday.

even for the non christians, they're still interested in presents...i suppose.

Last edited:

Kira Haro

Unknown
I don't hate christmas, its my saviors birthday.

even for non religouis persons, you still might be interested in some of the presents you might get.
My birthday isn't in December, nitwit;

And no, I don't wish to receive gifts on the 25th of December bought from Corporate America.

C

cam ron 77

I must have missed something, i didn't mean to say your birthday was in december. and its not just you, its probably MOST people. i was talking about the majority of people on christmas. i don't know many people who don't like getting presents. I don't know. i never knew all presents came from Corporate America either, but i suppose theres a good reason to be questioning it.

Last edited:

ladymage

Jesus wasn't born in December my grandpa (who is a preacher) said he was born around March. As I said in a post earlier the Christians made Christmas to cover up the Pegan holiday Yule.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
ladymage said:
Jesus wasn't born in December my grandpa (who is a preacher) said he was born around March. As I said in a post earlier the Christians made Christmas to cover up the Pegan holiday Yule.

No one really knows when Jesus was born, because they weren't there, so we can't assume anything. I like Christmas because it is a time to get togather with your friends and family and exchange gifts. Even though I am Catholic, I'm not really conviced that Jesus was born on Christmas.

divinerosekeeper

divinerosekeeper
i dont necisarrily hate x-mas it's just not as fun as it was when i was little. no one noes wut to get me cuz im older back then they could give me a barbie and i would be happy, but i dont downrite hate even though my family is crazy and xmas music is everywhere ^^ lol for some reason it just doesnt appeal to me as it used to, one of the downsides of growing up.

deadpoetic

DivineRoseKeeper said:
i dont necisarrily hate x-mas it's just not as fun as it was when i was little. no one noes wut to get me cuz im older back then they could give me a barbie and i would be happy, but i dont downrite hate even though my family is crazy and xmas music is everywhere ^^ lol for some reason it just doesnt appeal to me as it used to, one of the downsides of growing up.
its the opposite of me even though I wish it wasnt, Im so exited about christmas I cant sleep and I do hate that just not christmas.

zero_cool

ladymage said:
yeah i thought it was easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back