• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who do you want the second playable character to be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Second Playable Character of Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I would like to see Kairi playable some day, but now ain't the time. A second playable character needs to rival Sora in importance, and neither Riku or Kairi can foot the bill here. Roxas was perfect in KH2 as Sora's Nobody, but that trick has been done now.

The characters that come to mind as being eligible in a narrative sense are as follows (imho);

Mickey, as the king and main Disney mascot, he wields a Keyblade that is the inverse version of Sora's iconic Keyblade, and he's going on an adventure with Riku while Sora goes with Donald and Goofy. Mickey is on the precipice of either falling into complete side character territory, or becoming more important and playing an active protagonist role. This is the game where that'll be decided, and making Mickey playable would do a lot to flesh him out as Sora's counterpart.

Young Xehanort, in flashbacks, as this is the game where he's going to exit the franchise. He's Sora's opposite, yet sharing a birthplace and ambition to see the worlds. Let us play as Xehanort in a time just before he went mad with curiosity and insane multi-layered schemes. It'd be a nice way to send him off.

And finally, Eraqus, the wielder of the Master Keeper that eventually finds it's way to Sora. This seems like a no-brainer, but if this character is truly dead for good, they have a great chance to make us actually feel sad about it by showing him as a nice kid with some combat talent and some character. If he's kind of like Sora as a teenager, and we DON'T bring him back to life, it subtly communicates that there are real stakes for Sora that he inherits with the Master Keeper. Bonus if they make the Master Keeper really fun to use, to give us something to look forward to later on when we unlock it for realsies.

Sdog

Awards
I'd love for Kairi just so we've had a chance to play as the original trio before all this is said and done. And she's pretty much the only main protagonist at this point that hasn't been playable. If you can even classify her as a main protagonist with how little screen time she's had. Though I'm hoping Nomura can live up to putting her on the cover with a keyblade in hand as that has to mean something aside form matching with Sora and Riku.

Close second would be Young Xehanort during his training as it would be a great mirror to get flashback sequences to see how he came to be the way he is. For the longest time I wanted him to be tutorial before taking over Sora but it seems Olympus will be taking over that.

Deep in my gut I really think Roxas will be playable at some point though. With him being a close guarded 'secret' and the last trailer ending with him I can't help but feel we'll get some more closure with him we didn't know we needed. We all know we wanna dual wield as him one more time anyway.

Though I think we'll play at least 2 more characters other than Sora throughout the game.

Last edited:

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I think there will be more than one. In a few interviews, Nomura has used the plural to refer to other playable characters.

Did he really use plural? It has to be very intentional in Japanese to make something plural, as most nouns are often unchanged whether they are meant to be singular or plural. Do you have an original Japanese text to refer to? Because it could easily just be a translation misinterpretation.

sephydark

Awards
I still kind of want Kairi since she has been shafted by so many games since KH2, but I don't really feel it's very likely and I've pretty much accepted that it won't be her. So in terms of more realistic possibilities, I'd really love to see Roxas be playable again. I absolutely love the character and the way the trailers have been referencing him coming back while being pretty secretive about what happens then make me think he's got a good chance of being playable.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Kairi. I would also accept Xion and/or Roxas, as they are the other two hearts residing within Sora, so if he's hosting them and they take over here and there that would make sense to me.

Other than that my only feeling is that if it's Young Xehanort, I want it to be skippable. Like an optional tutorial or something. I don't want to go through a whole scenario with him when I can barely muster the span of attention required to get through a single scene of his.

D

Deleted member 246005

My boi Lea or Aqua or Young Eraqus/Xehanort.

Luxu would be cool too.

I'm not a Kairi fan but if they something good with her i dont mind playing as her then.

cakito123

Awards
If we are talking about Preference it would be cool to play as young xehanort in the beginning. Have him introduce us to possibly Cable Town before Sora.

Exactly what I think.
Having him as the playable character in quick sections of storytelling in the beggining would give us more about his life and would solve several problems at once:

- We would have all the answers about his evil plans that we haven't had yet.

- More of Eraqus' childhood and his own.

- New players would understand the motivation behind the villain of the game and would not be so lost in this regard.

- More SHOWING and less TELLING on Xehanort. Everything we know about his plan are things he already accomplished and is only telling us after all its already happening right in front of you. The only game where we see his plan being developed is BBS.

- We would have a different character to play than Riku or Roxas, Ventus / Aqua / Terra.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
I was initially against playing as Riku, but his new character design is so cool that I'd be okay with him being playable.

And with how close he resembles Noctis it wouldn't surprise me if he was playable in a sequence Nomura's had in mind for awhile. Nomura you sly devil.

cakito123

Awards
At some level or another, I'm all for any of these characters.

I guess my tops are Riku because that new Keyblade would change his fighting style, Xehanort during his Keyblade apprentice days (it'd especially be neat if it's throughout the game we flashback to that time), and Roxas, because Roxas, and Lea but mostly because Lea vs Isa absolutely needs to happen and I really, really want to play as Lea during it and not just have this as cutscene.

Funnily, I'm not as up for playing as Kairi as I used to be, though I'd still love it if that happened.

It just occured to me that it would be really cool if we could get a - (Saix) VS (Kairi & Lea) -
We could play as Kairi, having Axel as a partner!

robotman

Easily Kairi, she's done nothing, she's princess of heart (which hasn't added anything to her character) and the only thing she's done in the entire series is send a bottle to Sora and Riku after they beat Xemnas... She needs to have a vital part this time.

I would be happy if we play as 90% Sora and 10% Kairi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back