• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

where did riku get the two keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xenos24

I was wondering if riku got the way to dawn keyblade and kairi's keyblade from sunset horizon

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
No. Why/How would he get them from there? The Way to Dawn was made from his Soul Eater, and Kairi's keyblade was made from his memories of his island.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Where'd he get them from? Nomura's ass where Sora found his

*cough*

The WtD is somewhat easier to explain because Riku was both a Wielder from the get-go (Sora snatched the KK from him but that is not to say Riku lost the ability to Wield period) and had the Soul Eater to be used as an intermediary.
The Gayblade is all but explained by Nomura himself as Riku Dueld Wielding.

Salux

Where'd he get them from? Nomura's ass where Sora found his

*cough*

The WtD is somewhat easier to explain because Riku was both a Wielder from the get-go (Sora snatched the KK from him but that is not to say Riku lost the ability to Wield period) and had the Soul Eater to be used as an intermediary.
The Gayblade is all but explained by Nomura himself as Riku Dueld Wielding.

i wouldnt say "snatched".
more of sora got it because riku went on drugs/succumbed to the darkness.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I never thought of it as Sora snatching it away. He sure didn't seem too happy about having it.

But, Riku's keyblades did not come from Sunset Horizon. First of all, your evidence is a concept video, which means that it's what they were thinking of doing, but they didn't have any true, definitve plans, and thus, the video is not meant to be taken within cannon. Also, even if it wasn't a concept video, it's circumstancial at best. (LOL, lawyer much?)

There are many keyblades there, but there's nothing saying that Riku knew where it was, or that his keyblade would be in the piles. Plus, I'm pretty sure that a keyblade is drawn to you, not the other way around. Wasn't it said that the keyblade chose the master? Riku was meant to obtain the Kingdom Key, but because of his susceptibility to the darkness, the keyblade went to the strongest, and closest, heart, which happened to belong to Sora.

I'm not entirely sure where Riku obtained Soul Eater, just that he had it, and that he eventually earned the WtD keyblade. The keyblade he gave to Kairi was his own, but was fit with the keychain that she represented to him, thus it's... rather unorothox and completely useless appearance. God, I hate pink.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Keyblade given to Kairi symbolized DI as a whole, not just Kairi, seeing how she symbolized home, and possibly brought about connotations to Xion whom Riku met on DI as well.
And while I don't recall seeing a quote from Nomura in the matter (still looking! ;; ) the general notion I ran into is that the Soul Eater is a representation of the Darkness in Riku's Heart, riding on his ability to Wield which Sora never was able to take away from him. It was through that the WtD came to be.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh and to all the people that said Sora didn't "snatch" it:

Nomura Interview said:
Question: About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?

Nomura: That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

He literally reached out for it XD;;;

And am I the only one that sees the painful SoRiku implications Riku's Darkness wrapping around the both of them presents?

wii.red24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why the fuck do i keep getting negative rep points when im not doin shit.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
Oh and to all the people that said Sora didn't "snatch" it:

He literally reached out for it XD;;;

And am I the only one that sees the painful SoRiku implications Riku's Darkness wrapping around the both of them presents?

Who knows what SoRiku may be doing :eek:

Anyways, like what they said, the WtD was a "evolved" form from Riku's original dark keyblade, and as for the gay floral blade, as SA said, Riku was sort of dual wielding.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Brandon✖;3549817 said:
Who knows what SoRiku may be doing :eek:

Fanfiction.

Anyways, like what they said, the WtD was a "evolved" form from Riku's original dark keyblade

I'll whip you.
Riku had two weapons in KH1 -
The Heart Unlocker, being what Sora used on himself to turn into a Heartless. That is a Keyblade, yet an artificual one. Relation to the WtD that we know of: 0.
Soul Eater - not a Keyblade. Confirmed by Nomura to have transformed into the WtD.

and as for the gay floral blade, as SA said, Riku was sort of dual wielding.

"Sort of"? Going by Nomura saying that what Riku gave Kairi was the "Soul Eater" (how he was referencing the WtD in that portion of Another Report), that's precisely what he did.

so does anyone really know how did they got their keyblades?

Nomura XD;;;
BBS'll hopefully probably shed some light on the matter.

Altimo

Even though the original Kingdom Hearts II secret trailer was a concept video, do you think they'll explain why those 3 keyblades were there. I always assume keyblades to be static things--that is, there are tons of them, but keyblades like Way to Dawn existed long before Riku "made" it out of the Soul Eater. Yet, I don't know if I should believe that since Way to Dawn was definately created from the Soul Eater.

I guess what I'm asking is: Does it make sense that Way to Dawn existed in the secret trailer (i.e. 10 years before), even if it was just a concept video? Do you think they'll touch up on that, or leave it as a plothole?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It was to show that the Keyblade Wielders of the Past, being TAV - had relations to the Keyblade Wielders of the Present, being SRM.
While it's debatable whether or not the KK and IKK were in existence back then (Mickey did go to find it in the Realm of Darkness), I really doubt the WtD existed. That's more Riku's own thing.

Qarx

It was to show that the Keyblade Wielders of the Past, being TAV - had relations to the Keyblade Wielders of the Present, being SRM.
While it's debatable whether or not the KK and IKK were in existence back then (Mickey did go to find it in the Realm of Darkness), I really doubt the WtD existed. That's more Riku's own thing.

I think you're right (will I ever tire of saying that?). In the extended movie, Birth By Sleep, They aren't holding the Keyblades they walked over to pick up. Instead they were holding, and then fighting with, three never-before-seen Keyblades.

What's up with that?

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
Fanfiction.

I'll whip you.
Riku had two weapons in KH1 -
The Heart Unlocker, being what Sora used on himself to turn into a Heartless. That is a Keyblade, yet an artificual one. Relation to the WtD that we know of: 0.
Soul Eater - not a Keyblade. Confirmed by Nomura to have transformed into the WtD.

"Sort of"? Going by Nomura saying that what Riku gave Kairi was the "Soul Eater" (how he was referencing the WtD in that portion of Another Report), that's precisely what he did.

Nomura XD;;;
BBS'll hopefully probably shed some light on the matter.

Right the Soul Eater, that was what I was trying to say, forgot its name >.<
and thats not a keyblade? o_O didnt know that..

Wait.. you said that the Soul Eater transformed into the WtD and then Riku later gave the Soul Eater to Kairi , yet he was holding the WtD? Imma confuzzled.:x

Dont whip me D':

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Brandon✖;3550903 said:
Right the Soul Eater, that was what I was trying to say, forgot its name >.<
and thats not a keyblade? o_O didnt know that..
No the Soul eater was never a Keyblade, but it did evolve into one.

Wait.. you said that the Soul Eater transformed into the WtD and then Riku later gave the Soul Eater to Kairi , yet he was holding the WtD? Imma confuzzled.:x

the Soul eater transformed into the WtD. Riku Split his keyblade into two seprate keyblades AKA Duel Wielded, and gave the other Keyblade to Kairi.

Dont whip me D':

I clear that up for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back