• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When Someone Doesn't Have A Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xVanitas

When Kairi had her heart taken away, she acted like a vegetable, correct? Except, she could speak and stand. (sort of) When Ven had his heart taken away, (again, sort of) he was a COMPLETE vegetable. He couldn't even move. Well, nobodies don't have a heart, why don't they act like vegetables?

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
I think it might just depend on the individual. As for Ventus, he does move around as we saw in BBS when he used his Keyblade to send both him and Aqua to the Land of Departure.

Nobodies are a different case entirely; they have their bodies and their memories. All they're lacking is their heart, which allows them to experience emotion.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
When Kairi had her heart taken away, she acted like a vegetable, correct? Except, she could speak and stand. (sort of) When Ven had his heart taken away, (again, sort of) he was a COMPLETE vegetable. He couldn't even move. Well, nobodies don't have a heart, why don't they act like vegetables?

Kairi couldn't really stand and speak at all during KH 1, her body was comatose.
If you mean the scene in the cave at Destiny Islands at the night of the storm...there Kairi still had her heart.
When she flew through Sora her heart actually passed over into Sora's body.
The reason she went comatose was because she's a princess of heart, having no darkness to produce a heartless and therefore her body didn't vanish.

Ventus is a different case because he didn't "lose" his heart the literal way...it was still in his body, but so heavily injured that it couldn't maintain Ven's awake status anymore => hence coma (or "vegetable"). Evidence is that you need a heart to summon a keyblade, and when Aqua pondered where to take Ven while carrying him on her back his heart, although extremely weak, reacted and summoned Wayward Wind to point the way to Land of Departure, the place he would like to rest.
Although Ven's heart eventually did leave his body, it followed Sora's lead and entered Sora's heart.

Nobodies however are driven on by memories and the soul, using the body to act.

Xammag

In KH, every complete individual (a somebody) has a heart, body, and soul. Every somebody and nobody has a soul (exclude Namine, because we don't know what she is exactly). Nobodies are individuals made up of a body and a soul. When someone's heart leaves their body, and their will is strong enough (I would equate to say their soul is strong enough, since will and souls have a strong connection and there cannot be one without the other) they become a nobody.

Ven's heart never got taken away. I can't figure out how to spoiler tag right now, so I'll let someone else tell you that.

Radar

Bronze Member
I think Ven is the best vegetable there is. Has been asleep for how many years now?

Xammag

Exactly. I'm not sure what you're getting at but the scene where Vens body is removed could possible indicate that hes awakened and we cant tell the timeframe of those clips. BTW I was just trying to create discussion, not prove or disprove anything.

I was just showing you he's likely not asleep.

Crystal

Silver Member

She was in coma,no? I mean in Hollow Bastion, she was laying on the floor like dead fish? o.o

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com

I don't really remember her talking and standing. I remember the scene in Hook's ship when her finger twitched and she mumbled something, but Sora was near her, and her heart was within him at the time. Other than that, she was in a coma.

Yeah, she was a body and soul, but she was a special case, as she was a Princess of Heart. Their just special, I guess.

And Ven didn't really have his heart taken away. He never lost it to the darkness. He fell asleep, and his heart found its way into Sora's. He's in a coma because of that fact: his heart was never lost to the darkness.

And I assume that the Nobodies that you're speaking of are the humanoid ones. They weren't originally Princesses of Heart, and their hearts fell to darkness. But if you're talking about the lesser Nobodies, then, well, I have to say that it's kind of difficult to tell if they still retain their minds/memories, since they obey the humanoid ones...

Radar

Bronze Member
I actually really want Ven to still be asleep. Something about that seems fitting to me. I dont want any more confusion in bbsv.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back