• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Whatever happened to Digital Twilight Town?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Whatever happened to Digital Traverse Town?

You must have meant digital Twilight Town. Most likely it continues to be accessible from Ansem's computer in its real-world counterpart as it had always been, because it was left at that state in KH2.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

You must have meant digital Twilight Town. Most likely it continues to be accessible from Ansem's computer in its real-world counterpart as it had always been, because it was left at that state in KH2.

I wonder how much of it was left after Roxas fucked up the computer, when you try leave the computer room as Sora in Twilight Town.exe you get a message saying a force is stopping you or something along those lines.

I'm still very curious to see more of Kairi in the real Twilight Town as was shown in the BBSV.2 teaser at the end of A Fragmentary passage.

blksabbath74

Yes, Twilight town...I always get those two mixed up...

Gram

Banned
Awards

I agree with Solosis on this one, it's likely still there unless HPO fucked it up. (since they were the last near the real world console)

I wonder how much of it was left after Roxas diddlyed up the computer, when you try leave the computer room as Sora in Twilight Town.exe you get a message saying a force is stopping you or something along those lines.

Actually Roxas was in the digital Twilight Town so whatever damge he done to that console wouldnt have had an effect on the system.
If you notice when sora arrives in that computer room in the real TT its perfectly fine and operational but when he enters the digital version you see the console Rocas smashed.

The barrier keeping you from leaving that room in digital TT is likely just gameplay mechanics. (like the barriers in days that keep you on course)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Does anyone else want DTT and the journal data scape to be connected so that Data!HPO can finally go to the beach and hang out with Data!Sora and co?

*raises hand and looks around*

'Kay...

I'm sure we'll see it again. It was left to its own devices after AtW no longer needed it so it'd be interesting to see how everyone got along. I'm mostly curious to see if they ever figured out something was up. None of them were aware that they were just programs and assumed that life existed outside the city. Considering how much time they spent trying to go to the beach and the efforts AtW to try to keep them in one place, I can only assume that they eventually realized that something was very wrong.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keep in mind, on the final day Roxas wasn't able to interact with the people of the digital TT and then it was a ghost town. Ansem might have emptied it out.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We shouldn't forget there is a portal to the real world in the Digital Twilight Town so that would be something important to deal with. Also perhaps it might have something to do with finding the Key to Return Hearts and deciphering Ansem the Wise's Data he stuck in Sora (since he did it there at the mansion)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I've always assumed that the tech Mickey used to digitize the diary was Ansem's tech to begin with (or vice-versa) and so Simulated Twilight Town is already part of the Datascape. I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up there in KH3 as part of Roxas' storyline.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
To me, it seems more likely than not that the digital version of Twilight Town would make an appearance in KH3. After all, in KH2, it kind of... lacked proper closure and was left hanging just like that. Same goes with HPO; Sora just left to TWTNW after they helped him access TT.exe and that was the last time the trio were heard of.

And yes, with Datascape now in the soup as well thanks to Re:coded, I believe that it isn't too far-fetched a thought that the writers will somehow make the digi-world relevant again in some way.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Does anyone else want DTT and the journal data scape to be connected so that Data!HPO can finally go to the beach and hang out with Data!Sora and co?

*raises hand and looks around*
*raises hand* ಠ__ಠ

Keep in mind, on the final day Roxas wasn't able to interact with the people of the digital TT and then it was a ghost town. Ansem might have emptied it out.
I also found that likely, all there is within the DTT on the final day is swarms of nobodies trying to take Roxas back.
For all we know the program which he ran the DTT under may have been set to empty itself out when the time was right, even to the point that the only parts of it left are the digital computer room and the area containing the portal to TWTNW.
(another reason to explain the invisible wall preventing you from leaving the computer room in DTT)

I've always assumed that the tech Mickey used to digitize the diary was Ansem's tech to begin with (or vice-versa) and so Simulated Twilight Town is already part of the Datascape. I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up there in KH3 as part of Roxas' storyline.
That'd be an interesting turn.

And yes, with Datascape now in the soup as well thanks to Re:coded, I believe that it isn't too far-fetched a thought that the writers will somehow make the digi-world relevant again in some way.
Fun thought what if the writers turned the Grid, Spare Paranoids and the Datascape into one large interconnected system. (just imagine the meeting of two trons and two soras, you know you want it to happen~)

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Actually Roxas was in the digital Twilight Town so whatever damge he done to that console wouldnt have had an effect on the system.
If you notice when sora arrives in that computer room in the real TT its perfectly fine and operational but when he enters the digital version you see the console Rocas smashed.

The barrier keeping you from leaving that room in digital TT is likely just gameplay mechanics. (like the barriers in days that keep you on course)

Correct, the computer in the real Twilight Town was intact or Pence couldn't have entered the password.

Either that or it is Roxas within Sora who prevents him from going further because he doesn't want him to see it or being himself reminded of what he lost again as if I remember correctly Sora says something along it "not feeling right" to leave the computer room or that "something" is preventing him from open the door.

I also found that likely, all there is within the DTT on the final day is swarms of nobodies trying to take Roxas back.
For all we know the program which he ran the DTT under may have been set to empty itself out when the time was right, even to the point that the only parts of it left are the digital computer room and the area containing the portal to TWTNW.
(another reason to explain the invisible wall preventing you from leaving the computer room in DTT)

Fun thought what if the writers turned the Grid, Spare Paranoids and the Datascape into one large interconnected system. (just imagine the meeting of two trons and two soras, you know you want it to happen~)

It can also be that DiZ just deactivated all procedures and programs no longer needed on the last day, it doesn't necessarily mean that he erased everything.

Why do I suddenly imagine Tron from Space Paranoids and Data-Riku from the Datascape sticking their heads together planning to set up a VPN-channel or a LAN connection between the systems? *lol*

Gram

Banned
Awards
Why do I suddenly imagine Tron from Space Paranoids and Data-Riku from the Datascape sticking their heads together planning to set up a VPN-channel or a LAN connection between the systems? *lol*

And thus wifi finally made it's way into the kh world lol.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I was always under the impression that the Twilight Town that was being shown in the E3 and D23 demos was the digital Twilight Town. If there is one place that Nomura would place Sora for a tutorial level, it would be that one.

Ruran said:

Anagram said:
*raises hand* ಠ__ಠ

*raises hand as well* Sure, why not? Every game needs a beach episode to unwind.

Sephiroth0812 said:
It can also be that DiZ just deactivated all procedures and programs no longer needed on the last day, it doesn't necessarily mean that he erased everything.

This is far more likely. Deleting everything would take too much time considering that his focus at that point was to simply get Roxas to Sora.

THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back