• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Outrageous KH Theories Did You Used To Believe In/Still Hope For

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Homigod I would actually love this, if only because it would explain the part in KH2 where Namine touches Kairi's hand and there's a big flash of light without handwaving it as "generic KH magic and stuff."

Yes! That scene is probably the most annoying one ever.

I'm also still partial to my pre-DDD conviction that Young Xehanort is not Xehanort but something taking the form of Xehanort specifically to screw with Xehanort, but given that it looks like YX might actually be a backstabbing spiteful h8er I may get part of my wish in a roundabout fashion.

Oh god you reminded me of how much I want and need YX to be one of the biggest betrayers of Xehanort's cause in KH3. No way can he look at his older self and think "Man, this is exactly how I want my life to be. I want to search for something I can never have for all of my life and be defeated at every turn and die a miserable old man."

It'd be the best thing if as KH3 continues on YX slowly becomes disgusted by himself for becoming a loser of an old man when it all comes down to it. There is nothing about Xehanort that inspires loyalty except a fear of him. His promises are clearly empty and YX must be smart enough to realize this.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Oh god you reminded me of how much I want and need YX to be one of the biggest betrayers of Xehanort's cause in KH3. No way can he look at his older self and think "Man, this is exactly how I want my life to be. I want to search for something I can never have for all of my life and be defeated at every turn and die a miserable old man."

It'd be the best thing if as KH3 continues on YX slowly becomes disgusted by himself for becoming a loser of an old man when it all comes down to it. There is nothing about Xehanort that inspires loyalty except a fear of him. His promises are clearly empty and YX must be smart enough to realize this.
i bet you that what going happen in kh3 i think nomura going to put is a twist that it his darkness inside of xehanort that took his young form and the reason why he can travel though time is because it his darkness can travel time

Happyfunshineman

Awards
I forget which trailer this scene was first shown in, but there’s this scene in DDD where Riku confronts a robed figure in Monstro. When he pulls back his hood we see another Riku with his KH1 design. I remember being SO sure that it was Repliku but, of course, that didn’t turn out to be the case. Why does Repliku have to be so tragic? My poor heart can’t take it.

digimikej

Awards
right up until DDD I believed that Xemnas had some personality and motives of his own. It still irks me what they did to him and Ansem SoD.

Michael Mario

right up until DDD I believed that Xemnas had some personality and motives of his own. It still irks me what they did to him and Ansem SoD.

Honestly, I still believe Ansem and Xemnas had their own ambitions. While Ansem did gather the Princesses of Heart and Xemnas did out pieces of his heart into 12 other vessels (or tried to, anyway), the fact that they did so as a means to obtain incomplete versions of Kingdom Hearts rather than to forge the x-Blade seems to suggest that they didn't exactly remember that Master Xehanort's plans involved those objectives so much as they just knew they were good ideas to get what they want. Chances are they were subconsciously led to pursue their plans the same way it's said Young Xehanort was to follow his predestined path: they were etched into Apprenticed Xehanort's heart... or his Keyblade, anyway.

That's my theory I'm hope proves true.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's however not like there was any substantial depth or evidence for Xemnas having an agenda of his own given by the games themselves that derives too much from Xehanort's overall goal. While it was confirmed that Xemnas had some of Terra's memories, most situations and dialogue we were given could apply to either Xehanort or Terra as he had memories of Xehanort as well and most of his actions actually influencing the overaching story practically screamed "Xehanort" at every corner.
The last Secret Report in Days on Day 358 shows that very bluntly:
Xemnas said:
I must become one with Kingdom Hearts. I will become a higher existence. All of my true ambitions begin there.
Most "Terra-traits" were just fan theories derived from the ambigious situations and dialogue presented in the games before DDD.

Michael Mario

It's however not like there was any substantial depth or evidence for Xemnas having an agenda of his own given by the games themselves that derives too much from Xehanort's overall goal. While it was confirmed that Xemnas had some of Terra's memories, most situations and dialogue we were given could apply to either Xehanort or Terra as he had memories of Xehanort as well and most of his actions actually influencing the overaching story practically screamed "Xehanort" at every corner.
The last Secret Report in Days on Day 358 shows that very bluntly:

Most "Terra-traits" were just fan theories derived from the ambigious situations and dialogue presented in the games before DDD.

That's not what I meant to imply. I worded that poorly... I meant that they had no idea what Master Xehanort's grand scheme entailed and just viewed the parts they were given as means of obtaining Kingdom Hearts... Until Young Xehanort picked them up- then they were let in on everything.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That's not what I meant to imply. I worded that poorly... I meant that they had no idea what Master Xehanort's grand scheme entailed and just viewed the parts they were given as means of obtaining Kingdom Hearts... Until Young Xehanort picked them up- then they were let in on everything.

No, no, my statement wasn't directed specifically at you (that's why I didn't quote you) but in general who those for stubbornly hang onto the idea that Xemnas either is actively/heavily influenced by Terra or just a misguided Terra with silver hair based on the ambigious hints that were shown in games before DDD.
There was never an outright implication of any definitive influence of Terra himself.
The accusation that DDD destroyed this "part" of Xemnas is not correct as this "part" of him was always only a theorized/interpreted construct.

The notion you gave that both Ansem SoD and Xemnas had no full knowledge of Master Xehanort's overaching grand scheme is correct as well as the notion that they both did act on their own ambition and will to seek out Kingdom Hearts (or rather forcibly build an imperfect artificial one which Ansem SoD did with World hearts and Xemnas with human hearts), but it remains also fact that subconsiously they were still acting on Xehanort's own ambitions and end goals even if they didn't knew the whole plan.
And this is the accusation that can be reasonably leveled at DDD as it practically changed the roles of both Ansem SoD and Xemnas from being respective main villains/antagonists of their own schemes in KH 1 and KH 2 to being a sort of indirect "Enforcer"/General/extension of Master Xehanort whos consciousness sits somewhere in the background and subtly guides both Ansem SoDs and Xemnas' actions.
Even after Young Xehanort "picks them up" they won't know the whole plan as the moment they return to their proper time, the memories of the present (DDD) are erased from their mind.

Last edited:

Michael Mario

No, no, my statement wasn't directed specifically at you (that's why I didn't quote you) but in general who those for stubbornly hang onto the idea that Xemnas either is actively/heavily influenced by Terra or just a misguided Terra with silver hair based on the ambigious hints that were shown in games before DDD.
There was never an outright implication of any definitive influence of Terra himself.
The accusation that DDD destroyed this "part" of Xemnas is not correct as this "part" of him was always only a theorized/interpreted construct.

The notion you gave that both Ansem SoD and Xemnas had no full knowledge of Master Xehanort's overaching grand scheme is correct as well as the notion that they both did act on their own ambition and will to seek out Kingdom Hearts (or rather forcibly build an imperfect artificial one which Ansem SoD did with World hearts and Xemnas with human hearts), but it remains also fact that subconsiously they were still acting on Xehanort's own ambitions and end goals even if they didn't knew the whole plan.
And this is the accusation that can be reasonably leveled at DDD as it practically changed the roles of both Ansem SoD and Xemnas from being respective main villains/antagonists of their own schemes in KH 1 and KH 2 to being a sort of indirect "Enforcer"/General/extension of Master Xehanort whos consciousness sits somewhere in the background and subtly guides both Ansem SoDs and Xemnas' actions.
Even after Young Xehanort "picks them up" they won't know the whole plan as the moment they return to their proper time, the memories of the present (DDD) are erased from their mind.

Ah, good. Sorry about that- I just recognized that I did kind of leave that interpretation open. I agree with that sentiment: while it's true that Xemnas does kind of recall some of Terra's memories and refers to Aqua's armor and at one point a comatose Roxas as 'friends', as well as there being enough of Terra in Ansem there for Riku to be reminded of him in 3D... That's not really enough to suggest that Terra's influence was enough to do anything other than delay Xehanort's plans take long enough for Ansem and Xemnas to be destroyed by Sora.

Yeah, I was aware Ansem and Xemnas lose their memories of the present after they're eventually sent back to their proper places in time. Of course, that doesn't stop them from acting like they knew what they were doing the whole time during their time in the present. That still doesn't explain how they knew what roles they had to fulfill- Xemnas is one thing since Braig/Xigbar was their to guide them, but how did Ansem SoD know to go back to the past? That's very clearly the only clear thing Ansem knew he had to do, but the rest of his actions suggest that he was the most in-the-dark of the two. 3D offered zero answers to that...

...The Re:Coded Secret Ending from 2.5, however, might have implied one. Young Xehanort states that Master Xehanort's Keyblade carries a will that is passed on. That will would explain a lot of the gaping plot holes 3D left- especially if that will is embodied by the Guardian Ansem always has at hand. Whenever Apprentice Xehanort needed a little "push", Xehanort's Keyblade/the Guardian provided it. Since Xehanort's Keyblade is likely connected to the sixth Foreteller, though, 3D wasn't able to touch on that since it would carry some [chi] spoilers that weren't anywhere close to being revealed when 3D came out. That's my theory, anyway.

Awards
Ah... I just remembered, there were some hopes that even though Kairi wasn't in anything promotional for KH3D, she may get to do a secret, surprise thing during the game and actually have a lot of importance, similar to when (according to the people who said this, because I wasn't involved in the fandom back then) Aqua was kept a secret before BBS came out but had the most pivotal role.

I was so hopeful.

I accidentally posted that in the wrong thread.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Aqua wasn't really kept a secret. It's just that they showed off parts of the game as they were developed and her story was the last to be developed. Some people did worry she was cut from the game though lol.

Awards
Aqua wasn't really kept a secret. It's just that they showed off parts of the game as they were developed and her story was the last to be developed. Some people did worry she was cut from the game though lol.
Ah, thanks so much for clearing that up for me! You're always so helpful~

I guess that makes the theory even more outrageous then. I had a feeling it was probably something like that... I feel kinda bad I joined the fandom so late in the game. Feels like I missed a lot of hype and hope, and I can only go on other's words about this kinda stuff. But, that reminds me that before joining the fandom, I believed pretty much everything I saw about it, which consisted of fancomics mostly about Org. 13, if that counts as believing a theory.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Some time before DDD came out, when we had the high-spoiler trailer out and available, I noticed the X on Sora's design and thought it had something to do with the fact that he was going through "official" training as a Keyblade wielder. I guess I figured this because of TAV's designs. Eventually, I kind of dismissed it and even forgot about it... But depending on which theories you believe in, the idea that DDD Sora's X and TAV's X's might've been related in some way may have not been too farfetched.

SNSD Sunny

Im sure Im not the only one but I firmly believed, upon hearing that BBS was going to take place 10 years before the events of KH, that Aqua and Terra were Sora's mom and dad. I saw magazine scans (probably Famitsu) of them and immediately formulated the theory. It was so dumb considering how implausible it was. But I still believed.

I thought waaaay back in the days when CoM was only on the GBA and KH2 wasnt even out yet, that the new characters with the black cloaks were gonna be super cool party members and stick around as Sora's companions. I dont know why I thought that, considering they all looked pretty evil, but I was super young and my brain just liked the idea cause they looked cool.

I also theorized back then when Namine was new that she was a new keyblade wielder.

I have a theory(*coughhopecough*)before every single game that comes out that Kairi's role is gonna be important in it. You've all seen how spot on I've been./sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back