• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Makes A Christian, Christian?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Selling Retail ;)

Also going a bit further on the "State of Being" thing, consider becoming a Christian comparable to metamorphosis, except it's a spiritual metamorphosis...

A frog starts out as a tadpole, but not because it believes itself to be so, instead it's because it is indeed a tadpole. Later in life it becomes a frog, not because it has any special "frog" knowledge, but because a change has occurred. For Christians, that change is accepting Christ
YeeYees

A Christian is someone who is a follower of Jesus Christ (Yeshwa Hebrew Yeshuua Arabic)
Is transformed and thus enters a new state of consciousness
Knows that God is salvation and that It's mercy and kindness is a gift, not a earned thing
Has found God within themselves, as well as in others
Tries their best to transcend duality
Gives freely of themselves unto Life
Acknowledges and bears witness to God's presence
Knows that the Kingdom is within us and all around us
Knows that Love is thing only thing that can transform or change evil
Doesn't judge, damn, reject, or cast away things and people
Knows that there are many illusions
Knows that pain and suffering can be changed and is an illusion
Treats his brothers and sisters with love, regardless
Has faith, since faith is what matters, even Jesus said that all the scripture in the world means nothing without faith
Acquires knowledge, applies that knowledge turning it into wisdom
Appreciates everything around them, including themselves
Does not pay attention to, or focus on flaws, negativity, or evil and instead adores the perfection and beauty of God's creations
Does not give into material possessions
to name a few, but it's simple really. Oh and sorry peeps, but baptizm don't mean shit until you full accept Christ, meaning being baptized as a baby is pointless, how could you have any acknowledgment, and you can talk to Charles Stanley if you disagree.

It's all about Love really, Having and knowing God is in your heart, and that your Spirit is God in you. Knowing that everything around you is also apart of creation, thus is just as special as you.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
there's no way to actually know for sure who's doing it "right." the only person who knows that is god, and he's the one who will judge individuals accordingly, not faiths or doctrines, but how people live. there are commandments and scriptures to guide us, but being perfect law abiding christians is something that will never be in our grasp, and why we need god's help to have salvation.

i think that's an important thing for christians to recognize; whether or not someone is on "the right path" is nobody's business but god's. for who are you to judge, etc. of course there's room for evangelism and bringing christ to people, but he manifests himself in different ways and it's really a personal decision. spirituality is an intimate thing that we shouldn't be poking around in. there's no good that comes of trying to "fix" people's ways.

A Christian is defined by his relationship with the Lord.

this is a great definition, plain and simple. but i also liked dogen's post. <:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I think people are missing a major point - Forget what Christendom has become today. The literal definition of the Greek word (christianos) rendered "Christian" is: "Follower of Christ" a disciple or "being Christ-like." So now, what does that mean/involve?

To follow or be his disciple denotes some sort of action(s). Which were?

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I think people are missing a major point - Forget what Christendom has become today. The literal definition of the Greek word (christianos) rendered "Christian" is: "Follower of Christ" a disciple or "being Christ-like." So now, what does that mean/involve?

Mark 8:34 encapsulates it in a single scripture. There is nothing more to be expounded on.

JustSnilloc

For most people, being saved = being christian... as far as what it takes to be a "Follower of Christ" see sora364's post above me...

But as you're pointing out, words to people today, and words to people 2000 years ago mean different things - and many words today have different meanings, thus when a debate is started, it should be noted what definition of the word shall be used

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
there's no way to actually know for sure who's doing it "right." the only person who knows that is god

i think that's an important thing for christians to recognize; whether or not someone is on "the right path" is nobody's business but god's. for who are you to judge, etc. of course there's room for evangelism and bringing christ to people, but he manifests himself in different ways and it's really a personal decision. spirituality is an intimate thing that we shouldn't be poking around in. there's no good that comes of trying to "fix" people's ways.
For sure I agree, yet so many are not aware to this. No one knows an individuals heart+mind besides God, so really, you will never know how they are and you can never judge them or have a say on it.

So many Christians think they need to go "save" people, or instruct them on how to do it right. When in reality, that person may not even need your explanation because they are already close with God.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
As long as you've accepted Jesus into your heart as your Savior there's not a whole lot else to what makes a Christian, Christian.

You can do absolutely nothing else and still maintain that you are a Christian in my opinion. Reading your bible, going to church, and praying are not necessary. They're just things you can also do if you wish to expand upon your belief. If that makes any sense.

I don't go to church unless I'm asked, I do pray every night, and I've been trying to read some of my bible daily (although that hasn't really gone well).

I feel that I'm a good enough person at heart that I don't feel the need to police myself by going to church or reading the bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back