• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What KH1 had that KH2 didn't.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZanexChaos

AH, but still, Traverse Town was still so cool, and was the first world Sora traveled to

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
KH1 was way more of a challenge than KH2. Which makes it better.

Dexel

Beyond hope
The frick happened to Twilight Town Then? Did maleficent Blow it up or something?

-Maleficent uses Self-Destruct on Traverse Town-

*BOOOOOOOOM!*

Anyways...

It was most likely replaced by Radiant Garden, since Leon and co. had no use for Traverse Town anymore.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
-Maleficent uses Self-Destruct on Traverse Town-

*BOOOOOOOOM!*

Anyways...

It was most likely replaced by Radiant Garden, since Leon and co. had no use for Traverse Town anymore.

Wow that`s one of the funniest things I`ve heard today. I liked Traverse Town and was a little upset that they didnt put it in KH2. Even though it really had no use after KH1.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
KHI had, the mysterious voice. (This was my biggest loss.)
A hard synthesis shop. (Or harder.)
A more beautifull looking Ultima Weapon.
Boss fight with Riku Ally.
A bit more connected plot in the Disney worlds.
A (To some degree) harder Sephiroth battle.
Titan fights. (Man I missed them almost as much as the voice.)
Better story all around.
A real place to hear the "Hand in hand" theme.
More pureblood Heartless.
Mushroom Heartless. (Though theese were in KHIIFM, so this one was fixed.)

And then I wanna say, more minigames and sidequests, but I think that is only because, it took longer to complete in KHI than in KHII.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
A more beautifull looking Ultima Weapon.

I hated KH1's Ultima Weapon. It was all wiry and trying to look like a wing, with that blade awkwardly placed in the middle of it. On top of that, it was slow as fuck.

One weird thing is it's swing effects. It's three different colours depending on how far it is through the strike.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
∞;4348180 said:
I hated KH1's Ultima Weapon. It was all wiry and trying to look like a wing, with that blade awkwardly placed in the middle of it. On top of that, it was slow as fuck.

One weird thing is it's swing effects. It's three different colours depending on how far it is through the strike.

That was just my opinion, that it looked better.
I agree, it wasn't as fast or anything like KHII, but I still think it's better looking.

martinmtf

i actually miss some gumi-jet things from kh1...
transforming gumijets, a mini-map, can buy gumijet items, no stupid point limit...
trinitiets. 101 dalmatines , etc...

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
There is a lot.

A darker story (although other people claim that the other titles are darker, I just don't feel it. KH had the dark medieval feel similar to Disney's Sleeping Beauty)
More coherent storyline.
Kairi actually plays an important part (albeit catamose).
Disney worlds that actually related to the main plot.
The difficulty (although the Normal difficulty should be easier)
The freedom to change Sora's HP and MP bars via equipment.
The sidequests: 101 Dalmations and Trinities.
No cheesy dialogue, no fake OMG!! GOOFY'S DEAD dramatic moments, no SORA, DONALD AND GOOFY!!! every time we visit a world.
More complex worlds.
Srategy is required to make some boss battles easier.
Experience points in the Coliseum Cups.
Environment interaction (the exploding pumpkins, the sea urchins in Atlantica)

Soren

Awards
There are ALOT of things I'd like to say that KH1 had that KH2 didn't, but most of that stuff pales in comparison to the lack of difficulty in KH2, the emphasis on acton and gameplay over plot and character developement, and the fact that KH2 seemed to be more about button-mashing than actual strategy. While I admit the battle system in KH2 was awesome, I still think that the fact that you didn't need to do much other than mashing the X an Triangle buttons was pretty lame.

My BIGGEST complaint, however, is the fight against Sephiroth. In KH1 I could be Lvl 100, Ultima Weapon, 2 Crystal Crowns and an Omega Arts, and he would STILL kick my ass in 5 seconds. In KH2, however, I could take him on Lvl 60 without little more than a few well placed cure spells and some good dodging. In fact, the only redeeming thing about his battle is that you actually have to TRY.

I suppose I've rambled enough. I'll stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back