• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What instrument do you play?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I've played violin for going on 7 years now. I'm pretty good. Not like, amazing (my old high school's first violinist was totally insane), but pretty good. I'm not currently in an orchestra, but I plan on joining an orchestra class sometime within the next year or so. I played in my school's honors orchestra for three years, and the concert orchestra for one. Lately, I've just been teaching myself various video game and movie songs by ear. My repertoire of memorized songs is getting rather obnoxious lately.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I'd like to be in some sort of band someday, but nobody I know likes the same music I do. Ah well.

Blobbit

Awards
Get a teacher. Trust me, trying to teach yourself how to play and read piano is tough shit.

Really? I want to get a teacher but my parents don't feel like paying for it, so I was thinking of trying to find something online to teach myself. It seems like a lot of people have done that, but I dunno

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Really? I want to get a teacher but my parents don't feel like paying for it, so I was thinking of trying to find something online to teach myself. It seems like a lot of people have done that, but I dunno

Its hard but possible... you should already know basic theory from playing other instruments, so it should be to taxing to do... for the most part i'm self taught and the hardest thing for me was learning music theory. only recently i started taking music courses in college. my theory 1 professor said i should of went for theory 2 because i was beyond what she was gonna teach but i just wanted to make sure but i think she was rite because i didn't get anything lower than a A so far...

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I don't wanna toot my own horn, but I taught myself to play several instruments, I learned how to play the saxophone when I was 11 and was able to teach myself how to play anything else by ear after that. I like the piano a lot, I'm hoping to get a trumpet soon..I really want to play that.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
lol I swear we have one of these every 6 months.

I play drums mainly, but also a bit of guitar and harmonica~ I used to play the Timpani in a concert band, too.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I play Guitar, Keyboards, and Sing a little bit, I used to play Euphonium in concert band, Also Drums and bass guitar... I was so proud when I covered Paradise City on drums without a mistake.

WaveK89

Took a class in middle school, as well, as a year of lessons from a neighbor. Then a medical issue prevented me from playing for about a year or so, and I just sort of gave up after that. Lost quite a bit I knew from that.

Someday, I hope to pick it up again. Other than that...the recorder, blah.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Guitar - 7 years

Drums - 4 years

Bass - about a year

Had about two bands but couldn't keep it together because of everyone's schedules. I'm probably going to start making independent music as soon as I get some free time.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Piano yo, for about 5 1/2 years. Got a recital coming up the 11th and I'm actually going to play a KH song, Fate of the Unknown, along with some lame Bach stuff.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I always thought of playing a kh song for a recital

but then i realized i can't play the piano

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I started playing guitar last month, I must say, I like it! I also sing/rap a little bit and try to organize jam sessions as much as possible with my nephew who plays bass. I also learned myself how to use music programs on pc and started making beats some months ago.

In the future I wanna buy a keyboard too or maybe an MPC.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I've played piano for a long while now, and have been playing guitar for about 2 years going on three. I went to 3 piano lessons before I was pulled out and taught myself how to play. I'm self taught with the guitar as well but I get pointers from a friend of mine who has a master's degree in music composition. I enjoy playing acoustic more than electric but I'd switch it up from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back