• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What Exactly IS a Guardian of Light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'd imagine it's in relevance to Mickey's ability to wield the Kingdom Key D, which he gained literally right after meeting with Riku in the RoD.

Thanks, despite the DSR being rather old I haven't gotten around to finishing it.
As in that the KKD causes immunity to Darkness or Mickey may have a separate ability (his apparent repelence to darkness?) that made him a candidate for the KKD?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sephiroth your stating riku and mickey have similarities gives me the impression that mickey has used the power of darkness before. What do you think?

Nomura stated that, not me, lol.
I don't think however that Mickey used the darkness. Besides Aqua, Ven and Sora Mickey is the character shown to use the most light aligned stuff.
What these similarities between Riku and Mickey are or what causes them is unknown, it's only said that they both aren't that much affected by Darkness.

I'd imagine it's in relevance to Mickey's ability to wield the Kingdom Key D, which he gained literally right after meeting with Riku in the RoD.

Certainly plausible, although I wouldn't say that the KK D is the reason for Mickey's good resistance against darkness. He walked the Realm of Darkness quite some while before Riku's heart was cast down there and reached the realm by using a friggin' randomly popping up Corridor of Darkness in Traverse Town (as was explained in Coded).
Oh, and thanks for sparing me the task to search for the interview snippet. ^_^

Thanks, despite the DSR being rather old I haven't gotten around to finishing it.
As in that the KKD causes immunity to Darkness or Mickey may have a separate ability (his apparent repelence to darkness?) that made him a candidate for the KKD?

It think the second case is more likely, as if only the KKD would cause that immunity it wouldn't be a speciality of Mickey but of the weapon, which would render the statement that Mickey has similar resistance as Riku false.
The correct statement would then be: The KK D grants the same(or similar) resistance to darkness as Riku developed.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The original X-Blade's light split into 7 pieces to correspond to the 7 hearts of pure light who now acted as a substitute for the true KH after the true KH fell into the Realm of Darkness. As such the 7 Guardians of Light are literally the 7 people Chosen to be the Defenders of the Princesses of Heart.

The Guardians Appear to Be:

1. Sora
2. King Mickey
3. Riku
4. Terra (Currently a Darkness but will probably be saved later and brought over to the Guardians)
5. Ventus
6. Aqua
7. ??? (Unknown at this point, but my guess is probably Roxas)

Awards
I got the impression that the GoL were essentially representing the the PoH in combat to fight the XIII Seekers of Darkness. Xehanort needs 7 hearts of pure light (PoH) and XIII seekers of darkness in order to forge the X-Blade. With the exception of Ven and possibly Kairi, the GoL do not have hearts of pure light and can't be used to forge the X-Blade. Xehanort is after the Princesses again and the GoL are the only obstacle in his way.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I don't think however that Mickey used the darkness. Besides Aqua, Ven and Sora Mickey is the character shown to use the most light aligned stuff.
What these similarities between Riku and Mickey are or what causes them is unknown, it's only said that they both aren't that much affected by Darkness.

Well couldn't mickey open CoDs in KH2, that would be a way of using darkness or am I mistaking?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well couldn't mickey open CoDs in KH2, that would be a way of using darkness or am I mistaking?

Mickey cannot open CoD's because he doesn't belong into the dark realm. He reached the Realm of Darkness shortly before KH 1 started by jumping into a randomly upcoming CoD in Traverse Town, this was explained in Coded if I remember correctly. In KH 2 Mickey jumped into a CoD as well, but that one was created by Xemnas, not by him.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What about his keyblade?
And wasnt it nomura who said mickey and riku have an unreavealed similarity.
I had guessed it was sealing thier hearts from dark corruption, somthing aqua has also apprently achieved. Additionally they are all our current masters, is that a coincidence?
Using darkness and using a keyblade from the RoD aren't the same thing. Clearly Mickey has had something helping him ward off the darkness but he's not a darkness user.

The original X-Blade's light split into 7 pieces to correspond to the 7 hearts of pure light who now acted as a substitute for the true KH after the true KH fell into the Realm of Darkness. As such the 7 Guardians of Light are literally the 7 people Chosen to be the Defenders of the Princesses of Heart.

The Guardians Appear to Be:

1. Sora
2. King Mickey
3. Riku
4. Terra (Currently a Darkness but will probably be saved later and brought over to the Guardians)
5. Ventus
6. Aqua
7. ??? (Unknown at this point, but my guess is probably Roxas)
He wasn't asking who they were, he was asking what entitled them to be considered one. There aren't seven specific individuals chosen to be Lights.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Mickey cannot open CoD's because he doesn't belong into the dark realm. He reached the Realm of Darkness shortly before KH 1 started by jumping into a randomly upcoming CoD in Traverse Town, this was explained in Coded if I remember correctly. In KH 2 Mickey jumped into a CoD as well, but that one was created by Xemnas, not by him.

I was thinking of the scene with Pluto, though that was probably Riku that opened the CoDs.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Certainly plausible, although I wouldn't say that the KK D is the reason for Mickey's good resistance against darkness. He walked the Realm of Darkness quite some while before Riku's heart was cast down there and reached the realm by using a friggin' randomly popping up Corridor of Darkness in Traverse Town (as was explained in Coded).
Oh, and thanks for sparing me the task to search for the interview snippet. ^_^

It think the second case is more likely, as if only the KKD would cause that immunity it wouldn't be a speciality of Mickey but of the weapon, which would render the statement that Mickey has similar resistance as Riku false.
The correct statement would then be: The KK D grants the same(or similar) resistance to darkness as Riku developed.

Well, there is still a lot we dont know about king mickey. Come to think of it, nomura did mention that one of the four untold stories was mickeys adventures during kh1 and kh2. I wonder if nomura is going to go into further detail of mickey's untold story?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Regardless of where a Keyblade hails it has no particular alliance with the light, darkness, etc. It goes to whom ever it deems worthy.

I don't recall reading about Nomura hinting at a particular similarity between Riku and Mickey but that's more ignorance on my part though. Sauce plez?

Worlds appear in KH, could you please give an explanation of the means of coming and going between them?

Concerning the structure of worlds, first Sora and the Disney characters, and where ever we dwell, these so-called normal worlds are attached to the Realm of Light. If all of these exist at the same level and you imagine them all sitting on top of a plane, there is also a plane of existence on the other side where the Realm of Darkness exists.
At present, there are 4 worlds in-between these planes that have appeared: A) Castle Oblivion, B) Twilight Town, C) Yen Sid's Tower, and D) The World That Never Was. Constructed in this manner, Light < C < B > A > D > Darkness, you can imagine 2 planes with stairs ranging between the worlds. There are 2 means of transfer between these worlds, first being the Gummi Ship Sora uses in what is called the "Sea of Outer Space". In this way they can come and go between the worlds dotted through space. There is an invisible shell covering these worlds, so as to preserve the original world from interference from other worlds. By opening the hearts of each of these worlds this shell is broken and will become a group of shooting stars pouring down. Once settled, these shooting stars will become the Gummi Parts of the Gummi Ship. Because they were originally from the shell covering this world, it becomes possible to interfere into each world.
There is one more method, the use of the "Dark Corridor". There are those who are on a fallen path, essentially not being on the path they should be. Only those who can be said to have a Dark existence or an In-between existence can make these doorways. On rare occasion those with particularly strong feelings or hatred, such as the case with Beast and DiZ and perhaps others like them can open these paths. However you must be careful when coming into contact with such darkness. As such, if you use these paths too often you will be completely swallowed by darkness. Sora has used these paths several times before, but the degree of frequency hasn't allowed the darkness to stain his heart, so you can think of the influential power of darkness as being dependent upon the strength of the persons heart.
As for the Nobodies who have no heart and the King and Riku, using these paths many times doesn't concern them. Why doesn't the darkness progressively swallow them you ask? There are secret similarities between the two that are talked about in the game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I got the impression that the GoL were essentially representing the the PoH in combat to fight the XIII Seekers of Darkness. Xehanort needs 7 hearts of pure light (PoH) and XIII seekers of darkness in order to forge the X-Blade. With the exception of Ven and possibly Kairi, the GoL do not have hearts of pure light and can't be used to forge the X-Blade. Xehanort is after the Princesses again and the GoL are the only obstacle in his way.

I doubt the GoL are one protector for each princess because if the only goal was to protect the 7 princesses...why would one of them (Kairi) possibly be fighting on the frontline and also, why would they only need 7? I mean, why not get 100 wielders to protect the princess, it isn't like there can only be one per princess.

Well, there is still a lot we dont know about king mickey. Come to think of it, nomura did mention that one of the four untold stories was mickeys adventures during kh1 and kh2. I wonder if nomura is going to go into further detail of mickey's untold story?

BbSv2 was assumed to possibly tell many of the untold stories. If Nomura plans on doing it I hope it is soon as after the Xehanort Chronicle is over, I hope they don't dwell on the past and revisit Mickey's time unless it has a direct impact to what comes after KH3.

Awards
I doubt the GoL are one protector for each princess because if the only goal was to protect the 7 princesses...why would one of them (Kairi) possibly be fighting on the frontline and also, why would they only need 7? I mean, why not get 100 wielders to protect the princess, it isn't like there can only be one per princess.
Clashing with the GoL will not forge the X-Blade because most of the members are not hearts of pure light. The PoH are the lights that they are guarding. Remember that just because Kairi has a keyblade doesn't mean she is one of the guardians.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The forging of the X-blade doesn't need pure hearts of light/darkness. Reason being, MX stated nothing of the PoH being needed to forge the X-Blade. In fact, the PoH are related to the Keyblade of Peoples' Heart, not the X-Blade.

That, and even the SoD don't have hearts of pure darkness.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Clashing with the GoL will not forge the X-Blade because most of the members are not hearts of pure light. The PoH are the lights that they are guarding. Remember that just because Kairi has a keyblade doesn't mean she is one of the guardians.
The Lights have nothing to do with the Princesses of Heart.

Yen Sid admitted that if they didn't find seven Lights then Master Xehanort would just use the PoH to get to Kingdom Hearts again so they might as well give themselves a fighting chance.

Awards
Are you sure? He split himself into a nobody and heartless so that he could gather the PoH and create 13 vessels throughout KH-KHII. Why would that requierment suddenly change?

Nayru's Love

Awards
Are you sure? He split himself into a nobody and heartless so that he could gather the PoH and create 13 vessels throughout KH-KHII. Why would that requierment suddenly change?
The plan to kidnap the PoH was meant to open the Door to Darkness, which is one method of reaching KH. As the leader of the Organization, Xemnas would construct the KH of Peoples' Heart, which, while paling in comparison to the actual KH, is still a massive source of power.

All in all, MX alone had multiple back-up plans, not just his plan of gathering the GoL and SoD. Plans which don't even include the personal agendas of his variations.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Those are two different methods to get to Kingdom Hearts.

Awards
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure I agree. Ansem came into contact with Kingdom Hearts, but the light destroyed him, leading us to guess that the only way to control Kingdom Hearts is with the X-Blade. As for his various paths, the first one played out over the course of KH through KHII and the second starts with DDD and will continue on with KHIII. Xehanort was using his heartless to gather 7 hearts of pure light and his nobody to create 13 vessels of pure darkness. At the end of DDD MX explicitly states the hearts need to be pure light and pure darkness. Had it not been for Sora and his friends, MX would have found a way to become whole and have his hearts of light and darkness clash and forge the X-Blade.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure I agree. Ansem came into contact with Kingdom Hearts, but the light destroyed him, leading us to guess that the only way to control Kingdom Hearts is with the X-Blade.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that being destroyed wasn't part of XH's plan.

As for his various paths, the first one played out over the course of KH through KHII and the second starts with DDD and will continue on with KHIII.
Don't forget BBS. Even though he was still planning on forging the X-Blade through Ven and Vanitas, he was still setting up his back-up plans.

Xehanort was using his heartless to gather 7 hearts of pure light and his nobody to create 13 vessels of pure darkness.
Like I said, even the SoD have light within themselves. If we're to assume that Sora's analogy of "deep down inside, there's a light that never goes out" is true from a more literal perspective, then every heart (excluding Vanitas) has light within it. Which goes well with how KH, the heart of all living things, is pure light.

At the end of DDD MX explicitly states the hearts need to be pure light and pure darkness.
I don't recall this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back