• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what do you think of re chain of memories?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbchick92

its alright. i kinda got bored with it at first tho which is probably cuz the beginning is mainly exactly like the gba version but i do plan on seeing the new cutscenes and such.

KHlover07

Website
www.animepassion.tv
i liked it but the card battle system is hard to get used to for me because i never played the gba game so it's a lot harder for me to beat bosses and such. i'm actually stuck on hades right now xD

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
This version of the game was definately an improvement.

I questioned myself many times, wondering why they made such a great game for the GBA, and not just on the main consoles. The graphics were mediocre, the lack of voices in the entire game sorta killed it (I lost my speech abilities after beating the GBA version), and the entire game could have been made much better.
The graphics were amazing for a Gameboy.

Semisubtle

Website
semi-subtle.livejournal.com
I've never played the GBA version, but on the whole I liked it very much. It felt like a cop out, since you only got to revisit worlds and had to play almost the exact same worlds (only differences were very small in terms of layouts and ability to interact with the environment), but the story was excellent and more than made up for it.

The card system could have been better; I'm sure it worked better for GBA than for PS2, but it didn't make the game unplayable. Sleights were all awesome, too. To me all the flaws in gameplay and the ripoff of essentially identical worlds was completely outweighed by a great story.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
i thought Re: CoM was good, but not really worth the $30 i spent. i thought the weirdest part was the whole "never-ending cliff" thing in every single room of every single level...

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I really like it. For me it's like the enhanced bridge game to Kingdom Hearts 2. Too bad they didn't come out on PS2 before. Oh well, at least they made up for it. Then again, I felt like something was missing but I don't really know what. =P

Lolita

Dear You
It's pretty good. It's a challenge, and I like that. I just think it wasn't worth the whole $30 dollars I spent on it. But it's a good game. I would've liked it more if there was a better voice actor for Namine. .___.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
I hate the card system, if only because it seems to be stacked in the bosses' favor. They have plenty of 0 cards to stop your sleights, so it's easy to get down to very few (or no) worthwhile cards. And having the triangle button be for reactions and for stacking cards is annoying; Tinker Bell ends up raping my deck.

Agent0042

I'm currently playing. I find it... surprisingly better than I thought it would be. I actually rather like that you can't simply flail around the keyblade and have to use strategy. Yes, the boss battles are wicked challenging, but I'm up to Neverland and I've managed to figure them all out so far, even if I had to lose several times.

And yes, the whole room thing is repetitive, but this game was originally developed for GBA/DS, so I guess there was only so much they could put into it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's pretty good. It's a challenge, and I like that. I just think it wasn't worth the whole $30 dollars I spent on it. But it's a good game. I would've liked it more if there was a better voice actor for Namine. .___.
I actually preferred her to the KHII Namine.

The Golden Sitar

I really liked it, honestly. The dialog was all amazing, along with all of the scenes and characters. The battle system was fun( especially Riku's), though the deck building could get somewhat tiring after a while.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i thought it was awesome, a slow start (like most kh games) but it was a pretty awesome story.

gameplay was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back