• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What do you think of 358/2 Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Kingdom Hearts: the series where the characters that are literal clones (Repliku, the Data boys) have more individuality and humanity than supposed non-clones.

I dunno if I should laugh or cry over the irony.
Cry. Cry like the rest of us do because it truly is a pitiful sad state for a story in ways.

Uhm no, to use Sora as a pawn and mess up his memories WAS planned by Xemnas and the Organisation's upper echelons because they originally really wanted to use both Roxas and Sora for Heart collection. Not to mention that without Naminé messing up Sora's memories (and thus untangling them) Xion absorbing the loose memories and copying the power of the Keyblade would not have even been possible to begin with.
Zexion does imply that luring Sora to the Castle was intended as well.
Xemnas did NOT sent Marluxia and co. to the Castle in order to find the chamber of waking, he sent them there because he suspected them being traitors and wanted them eliminated. It was Axel who was tasked with finding the chamber and no one else.
Vexen was sent to the Castle in order to do further work on the Replica program with Lexaeus being there to assist him. Zexion on the other hand was actually reassigned to the Castle by Saix, officially to oversee Vexen's and Lexaeus' work but in reality because Saix wanted him eliminated as well, which Axel eventually did towards the end of CoM.
Marluxia just hijacked Xemnas' original plan and tried to turn Sora into his own puppet rather than one of the Organisation by controlling Naminé.
This is made clear within Days' dialogue and the secret reports:

Note how Xemnas and Saix speak about "Naminé's work" and treat the chamber only as a secondary matter, the plan of luring Sora to the Castle and mess up his memories originates with them, not Marluxia.
Marly is only using the plan to follow his own goals.

Thus, the untangling of Sora's memories was in one way always also Xemnas' goal, hence why if you want to be really specific, the reason (and guilt) for as to why both Xion and Roxas had to eventually disappear to "fix" Sora lies ultimatively with Xemnas and thus Xehanort as well despite Naminé having been the one to actually do the deed.

Except that luring Sora to the castle was part of Xemnas' agenda which Marluxia ultimatively hijacked.
If Xemnas' plans had worked out 100% like he wanted, he would have had three "puppets" (vessels?) to use and collect hearts: Roxas, Xion with the copied powers and memoryless Sora.

That's the main thing of Coded though, it doesn't add unneccessary baggage and huge twists to the story but instead expands on existing concepts and deepens the already established things while still throwing in some light foreshadowing.
It's ironic that people complain about this when that is actually how a true "side game" should work.
Your experience with the already established whole story and mythos gets enriched when you play it, but it strictly isn't needed to understand the core story because later titles (in this case DDD) expand on what Coded hinted about.
In terms of writing quality, Re: Coded beats almost all side games except CoM by a wide margin and characters like Data-Riku, Data-Sora and their interactions with Mickey, Donald and Goofy get fleshed out much better than both the overdone mega-drama Xion show and the "supposed" RAX trio in Days and the great-potential-remaining unaddressed mess that are TAV in BBS.
It makes me sad to say it, especially as someone who likes TAV very much for what they could be, but Sora's and Riku's Data-"clones" are much better fleshed out actual characters that can be distinguished from the other Sora and Riku than both TAV and RAX have to them up to now, showing that a single game can be enough to shape interesting characters if you just handle them right.

Exactly this. Playing Coded actually reminded me I could like Sora or Riku. Which is pretty damn sad since they aren't the "real" ones and worse yet given all their copy&pasted repetitions in Ventus, Roxas, Vanitas and in some ways Terra.

Ree

i dont like it.

i thought it was boring in both a gameplay and story level and did not really need to be made.

Precursor Mar

But it doesn't really present itself that way.

It even says "a brand-new adventure."
Though I do take issue with the tagline being "It's a play-full world!" That's pretty dumb, has nothing to do with the game, and doesn't look so great next to Days', "What mattered the most was remember the least." which was ridiculously melodramatic and important-sounding.

Sure, you can see some old worlds but 1) that's part of the premise and 2) it's not like that hasn't happened before.

You're going to the exact same worlds, meeting the exact same characters, fighting the exact same enemies, going through variations of the exact same scenarios. Doesn't matter if they show a few new cutscenes, it still looks like KH1 with a few new additions here and there.

Just look at this trailer:

[video=youtube;bQuGBUjx9mc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQuGBUjx9mc[/video]

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You're going to the exact same worlds, meeting the exact same characters, fighting the exact same enemies, going through variations of the exact same scenarios. Doesn't matter if they show a few new cutscenes, it still looks like KH1 with a few new additions here and there.
The same could be said of CoM, and that's hardly a rehash of KH1. It's a completely different game in literally every aspect other than which worlds it uses.
And that's honestly not a huge deal.

Anagram

Banned

lmao Have you played this series? Everything is a rehash in these regards. Days is only divergent in the sense you just meet supporting characters, that you've met previously, while simply seeing the main ones such as Aladdin from a distance. Days "enemies" are just the same ones with varying sizes and colors as well. lol

And the only new addition was Xion. WOW.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Seriously, Coded's more fun than Days.

I wanted to replay both, and guess what? Days was terrible!! I just couldn't do it. The game is so slow it's not even funny.

And now, guys, let's not get this out of hand. We are talking off-topic the whole time. (And yeah, I know, I talked about Coded, too, but meh)

Precursor Mar

The same could be said of CoM, and that's hardly a rehash of KH1. It's a completely different game in literally every aspect other than which worlds it uses.
And that's honestly not a huge deal.

Doesn't change the fact that it looks like a KH1 rehash. That's how most people will always see it. Same with Coded. Most people don't like going through the same thing over and over.

But hey, at least CoM had the decency to make all the important stuff happen in new areas so credit where it's due.

lmao Have you played this series? Everything is a rehash in these regards. Days is only divergent in the sense you just meet supporting characters, that you've met previously, while simply seeing the main ones such as Aladdin from a distance. Days "enemies" are just the same ones with varying sizes and colors as well. lol

And the only new addition was Xion. WOW.

Days may be trash but at the very least it had you playing as a "different" character going through a few different scenarios. And it had a mix of KH1 & 2 worlds as well. So it at least it felt different, or different enough that it didn't seem like a retread of 1.

Derpcannonz

Seriously, Coded's more fun than Days.

I wanted to replay both, and guess what? Days was terrible!! I just couldn't do it. The game is so slow it's not even funny.

And now, guys, let's not get this out of hand. We are talking off-topic the whole time. (And yeah, I know, I talked about Coded, too, but meh)

I have always wanted to play re:coded, but never got the chance.

Derpcannonz

But lets be real here, coded was just having you go through the same worlds as KH1 (except CO of course).

Anagram

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that it looks like a KH1 rehash. That's how most people will always see it. Same with Coded. Most people don't like going through the same thing over and over.

But hey, at least CoM had the decency to make all the important stuff happen in new areas so credit where it's due.

Days may be trash but at the very least it had you playing as a "different" character going through a few different scenarios. And it had a mix of KH1 & 2 worlds as well. So it at least it felt different, or different enough that it didn't seem like a retread of 1.

lol How "most" see it? I didn't realize you spoke for the majority. Also, again, if people had such an issue with rehashes or playing the same thing over and over and over and over again they'd have quit the series long ago because that's what nearly every title is.

CoM did indeed do that. Too bad Days didnt.

lol "Different"? Roxas was different alright, nothing like either his brainwashed or remembered persona in KH2. He was portrayed more "Sora" than he ever was while crying he's himself. I dont see exactly how ANY of that is different. Worse yet all the worlds was, as pointed out dozens of times already, were boring and dull because it was the same repetitive missions over and over and over again. And regardless of whether they was a mix of KH1 & 2 worlds is moot because it was still those same worlds being used yet again.

I mean if you like Days that's fine but it's borderline hypocritical to call Coded out on the problems your listing when Days and nearly every title has had them in similar, same or varying forms.
Have you even played Coded to be making these arguments anyway? I mean at least Echo or me or a few others have played both to be weighing the pros and cons here. (and no the Coded movie hardly counts)

Edit. Annnnddddd now this looks harsh. Echo's right, need to drop the topic I guess. >__<

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Uhm no, to use Sora as a pawn and mess up his memories WAS planned by Xemnas and the Organisation's upper echelons because they originally really wanted to use both Roxas and Sora for Heart collection. Not to mention that without Naminé messing up Sora's memories (and thus untangling them) Xion absorbing the loose memories and copying the power of the Keyblade would not have even been possible to begin with.
Zexion does imply that luring Sora to the Castle was intended as well.
Xemnas did NOT sent Marluxia and co. to the Castle in order to find the chamber of waking, he sent them there because he suspected them being traitors and wanted them eliminated. It was Axel who was tasked with finding the chamber and no one else.
Vexen was sent to the Castle in order to do further work on the Replica program with Lexaeus being there to assist him. Zexion on the other hand was actually reassigned to the Castle by Saix, officially to oversee Vexen's and Lexaeus' work but in reality because Saix wanted him eliminated as well, which Axel eventually did towards the end of CoM.
Marluxia just hijacked Xemnas' original plan and tried to turn Sora into his own puppet rather than one of the Organisation by controlling Naminé.
This is made clear within Days' dialogue and the secret reports:

Note how Xemnas and Saix speak about "Naminé's work" and treat the chamber only as a secondary matter, the plan of luring Sora to the Castle and mess up his memories originates with them, not Marluxia.
Marly is only using the plan to follow his own goals.

Thus, the untangling of Sora's memories was in one way always also Xemnas' goal, hence why if you want to be really specific, the reason (and guilt) for as to why both Xion and Roxas had to eventually disappear to "fix" Sora lies ultimatively with Xemnas and thus Xehanort as well despite Naminé having been the one to actually do the deed.

Except that luring Sora to the castle was part of Xemnas' agenda which Marluxia ultimatively hijacked.
If Xemnas' plans had worked out 100% like he wanted, he would have had three "puppets" (vessels?) to use and collect hearts: Roxas, Xion with the copied powers and memoryless Sora.

That's the main thing of Coded though, it doesn't add unneccessary baggage and huge twists to the story but instead expands on existing concepts and deepens the already established things while still throwing in some light foreshadowing.
It's ironic that people complain about this when that is actually how a true "side game" should work.
Your experience with the already established whole story and mythos gets enriched when you play it, but it strictly isn't needed to understand the core story because later titles (in this case DDD) expand on what Coded hinted about.
In terms of writing quality, Re: Coded beats almost all side games except CoM by a wide margin and characters like Data-Riku, Data-Sora and their interactions with Mickey, Donald and Goofy get fleshed out much better than both the overdone mega-drama Xion show and the "supposed" RAX trio in Days and the great-potential-remaining unaddressed mess that are TAV in BBS.
It makes me sad to say it, especially as someone who likes TAV very much for what they could be, but Sora's and Riku's Data-"clones" are much better fleshed out actual characters that can be distinguished from the other Sora and Riku than both TAV and RAX have to them up to now, showing that a single game can be enough to shape interesting characters if you just handle them right.

Ooh, Sephy coming in with the clarification. Alright, so my original view of Days was correct, then.

Precursor Mar

Annnnddddd now this looks harsh. Echo's right, need to drop the topic I guess. >__<

Man, don't worry about it. You can go commando on the verbal onslaughts for all I care. It's all harmless banter. I'll drop it if it's all the same to you.

However, there's one thing I have to correct you on.

"If you like Days that's fine".
Like Days? I'm sorry, did you miss this post?

It's trash.
The story sucks.
The gameplay sucks.
The controls suck.
The mechanics suck.
The bosses suck.
Needs a remake ASAP.

You also seem to be under the impression that I don't like Coded, which isn't true. Primarily because I've never played it, I've only seen a bunch a playthroughs online and watched the 2.5 movie. I never alluded to the gameplay in any of my posts. I just think the premise is its biggest flaw and the plot is pointless tripe.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Days "enemies" are just the same ones with varying sizes and colors as well. lol
Goddamn, how did I not mention those in my post?

What a horrible enemy roster. There were only, what, two, three new species? And like 50% of the Heartless were palette swaps which only got more and more annoying with status effects, absurd stats, or just shitty design.

Large Armor is the worst idea literally ever​.
I mean at least Echo or me or a few others have played both to be weighing the pros and cons here.
I'd like to add that I also 100%'d Re:coded (which was pretty fun) and if anyone has or know someone who has a DoCoMo with coded installed that would be willing to part with it, I'm totally game to shell out.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Worse than Leechgrave, tho?
Leechgrave has a predictable pattern and is more tedious than annoying. Large Armor takes the Large Body and makes his hitbox even moredifficult to get to and then they pepper them around everywhere, give them more attacks with wider ranges, and like everything else, absurd HP bars.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Leechgrave has a predictable pattern and is more tedious than annoying. Large Armor takes the Large Body and makes his hitbox even moredifficult to get to and then they pepper them around everywhere, give them more attacks with wider ranges, and like everything else, absurd HP bars.
tumblr_n8u3mtyFWP1tgko8mo1_500.gif

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I forgot to mention in my initial post that it was even Days that convinced me to keep on with the series. LOL.

Before then, I was kind of thinking about quitting (maybe thinking that I'd outgrown KH, and that I was in more of a bookish mood then because of things like Twilight).

And though Re:Chain of Memories was definitely nice, it made me lose my momentum with the saga some. Mainly because even though I appreciated/appreciate it, I already had played the GBA version quite a bit and knew the story well. For that reason Re:CoM didn't have the appeal to me that a new title would've, and I was deeply hankering for some kind of KH title to pull me in again while waiting after II.

Days did that for me (and it's why I'm even here today^_^) by giving me that KH feel that I love: making me think that I was smart and had it all figured out (in thinking that Xion was some sort of Kairi clone nor Nobody), but then being way off and learning that "one who knows nothing can understand nothing". LOL.

Honestly, Nomura keeping on my toes is one of the greatest reasons I love this series, and Days definitely helped me to remember that again and to keep with it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Always when I read stuff like "Days kept me in the series", I really dk what to say. HOW can a game like this do something like that? I just... dunno what to say.

No offense, guys. I respect your opinions. This is just my reaction, kind of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back