• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

what do u think of yuna and tidus relationship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

finding_twilight

Bloodstained Angel
_Riku_ said:
Honestly, I think it's adorable. Yuna is so timid and quiet, (I'm talking about FFX here, not X-2 where Yuna is a slut...) and then Tidus is loud (and often times annoying..). I like how they don't get to into their relationship because Tidus is well-aware about the Final Summoning and how Yuna must focus on her pilgrimage. And heck, they make out in the water which is pretty hott...

TOTALLY! I liked how timid Yuna was in the first one, and then she goes and joins the Gullwings and becomes this HUGE SLUT!! Come on, and that guy that was in charge of the ship, Brother, was SOOO GAY! And the gullwings music, and how Yuna went with the dressphere and how gay Brother was and the............AHHHHHHH!

The Midnight Channel

My Photoshop Just Died TT_TT
yuna was a slut in X2 but i still enjoyed it but not as much as X

I cried my eyes out at the end !!! my mom came in and asked what was wrong and gave her this lengthy explanaition of FFX and when i finshed she is like yeah that is sad but i didnt catch the part between welll it starts out and disapers

Hikari44

a little off topic but i <33333333 your sig!!!! Johhny Depp = SUPER DUPER HOTTNESS!!!!!!

ok, so...Yes, X was kind of fairytale like, but the ending was perfect because it made sense and fit into the story perfectly. It also broke the worn-out, expected happy ending chain. Honestly, that ending was meant for the game. And then people got pissed off because it wasn't happily ever after and they wanted tidus back so square launched a corporate money-making piece of shit w/ crappy musical score, plot, characters, gameplay, plot, everything, and plot (not to mention incest and some very strange orgasm-sounding noises that Yuna gives to her "Boss" by giving her a "massage". yeah right. can you say not-so-subliminal messaging???)

*I think everyone with a heart cried their eyes out in the ending :D Square, you know you've done a good job when you can prompt that kind of reaction from so many people. Hats off to you all.

文偉立

newb programmer
This is the scenario to a fairytale: someone is in distress--> a character or any particular role fits right in to the story wants to help --> possible dilemma occurs --> Dilemma is fixed --> They live happily ever after.

That's Final Fantasy X right there. How is it any different as distiguishable as a fairytale and the other FFs don't? Because the story of love seems to be overtriumphant of so many larger problems. It's strange and worked down so hard to go the way the characters desire that it loses any realism.

I wouldn't say Square did it to appease any fans to "complete" the story. They're in their money-loving stage right now and I'm definetely proposing that FFX2 was one of their low-focused video games that they just create only for the purpose of a few measly bucks in their pockets.

Hikari44

アクラ said:
How is it any different as distiguishable as a fairytale and the other FFs don't?

Well, the happily-ever-after part for one thing. That's basically what shocked ppl about it and what, along with a hunger for money, prompted SE to make X-2.

アクラ said:
I wouldn't say Square did it to appease any fans to "complete" the story. They're in their money-loving stage right now and I'm definetely proposing that FFX2 was one of their low-focused video games that they just create only for the purpose of a few measly bucks in their pockets.

You're completely right about the money thing, and I couldn't have said it better myself. But you've got to admit lots of people were freaking out after the end of X. I can't tell you how many fan letters have been sent to SE asking for a spin-off or sequel with a happier ending.

And how did SE respond? An amazingly crappy game that gives you a happy ending if, and only if, you complete ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE GAME, a task which, needless to say, is just pointless sidequest after pointless sidequest, taking up valuable time in the players' life and leading to an ending that isn't even that good anyway though the character inexplicably comes back to life (with no explanation at all, just "Oh, the fayth are letting me stay with you 'cause we are in love, even though that completely defies the plot since it isn't possible because the fayth's dreaming kept me 'alive' in the first place. Oh btw I am shuyin - that's my new random name now." Yippee hooray,...

Epilogue

killjoy princess
Tidus x Yuna = A sad and sweet love. Nuff' said here.

文偉立

newb programmer
Hikari44 said:
Well, the happily-ever-after part for one thing. That's basically what shocked ppl about it and what, along with a hunger for money, prompted SE to make X-2.

It was a rhetorical question.

You're completely right about the money thing, and I couldn't have said it better myself. But you've got to admit lots of people were freaking out after the end of X. I can't tell you how many fan letters have been sent to SE asking for a spin-off or sequel with a happier ending.

Screw sequels. I'd have been fine with Tidus being gone. A story's a story. Only people who have any saying in it are the people who made the story or the peoples' constant complaints to make the people who made the story change it. In the case of FFX, it wasn't the peoples' complaints, I'll tell you that.

And how did SE respond? An amazingly crappy game that gives you a happy ending if, and only if, you complete ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE GAME, a task which, needless to say, is just pointless sidequest after pointless sidequest, taking up valuable time in the players' life and leading to an ending that isn't even that good anyway though the character inexplicably comes back to life (with no explanation at all, just "Oh, the fayth are letting me stay with you 'cause we are in love, even though that completely defies the plot since it isn't possible because the fayth's dreaming kept me 'alive' in the first place. Oh btw I am shuyin - that's my new random name now." Yippee hooray,...

100% means you beat it and you get a 20 second extra clip. Nothing too special.

hellfirebg

Bulgaria,stupid country north of Greece...
FFX's love story was one of the best...
Right from the start when Tidus met Yuna you could feel that they will fall in love with eachother.Btw it really bugged me that night in Besaid when that grumpy old bag told Tidus to "stay away from the summoner".Anyway,their relationship kept getting deeper and deeper.Yuna found out that Tidus was Jecht's son and I think she started falling for him at that point.Then in Kilika when Yuna was dancing Tidus had these thoughts of sorrow and was concerned about Yuna but he hardly even knew her.This shows that he has somekind of kind feelings for her.A few moments later she wanted him to become her guardian.Later,on the "SS Liki"(I don't remember exactly how it was called) Yuna defended Tidus and said that he wasn't an idiot.And after the tournament in Luca she really really wanted him and Auron to join her in her journey til "the end".It was very cute in Luca when Yuna cheered him up and when they laughed.It was kinda annoying but still cute.On the Meachen Highroad when she was recording that sphere she was so nerveous that she couldn't even make one normal sentace to say to him.Just before Mushroom rock road Seymour showed up.He liked Yuna and I think Tidus could feel that.He said he hated him from the start.After operation Meachen Yuna was very worried about Tidus and was relieved that he was safe after he came back.In Djose temple the party made fun of Yuna after she slept in(even Auron).When they reached the Moonflow there was a special moment.I still can't really explane the reason why Tidus wanted to see it at night time but I don't believe that the only reason was that that place is beautiful at night like most people think.Then when they met with Rikku, Tidus was happy but you have the feeling that his heart already belongs to Yuna.Maybe that's why sometime later in Guadosalam Tidus got angry that Yuna might accept Seymour's proposal.She decided to marry him but we all know that in fact she wanted to expose Seymour for the bastard he is.She couldn't send him after the party killed him,though.Tidus and Yuna were separated when the party ended up on Bikanel.One of the plot's highpoints was when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die in the end when she summons the Final aeon.He was angry and wanted and just kept hitting things.He felt guilty that he kept saying "Let's beat Sin,let's beat Sin" during thair journey and wanted to make up for it and apoligize.Tidus wanted to,no,Tidus HAD to save Yuna.When he slided down "the red carpet" he was filled with such determination.My most favourite part in a FF game was when they tried to crash the wedding.Sadly,Seymour acheved his goal.I'll never forget the expression on Tidus' face when Seymour kissed Yuna.When the party got out of the Via Purifico Tidus wanted to say all those things to Yuna but Rikku was in his way,as she was hugging Yuna at that time.In the springs Tidus comforted Yuna and promised her that he'll find a way to save her.He told her that they'll go to Zanarkind, he'll take her to a blitz mach,she'll chear...All the feelings he kept inside were shown in his words and *actions* a few minutes later.It was such a romantic scene...Then on mt.Gagazet Tidus found out that he was just a dream and understood that he won't be able to be with Yuna...At that point he kept that for himself and didn't tell the others.He didn't want Yuna to worry.This was "their story".In the Ending Tidus found a way to save Yuna but he couldn't save himself...It was by far the saddest ending in a video game ever...He apoligized that he couldn't take her to Zanarkind.Yuna and Tidus had such a deep relationship and it was so tragic that they couldn't be together.Tidus vanished to the farplane and Yuna whistled at the harbor in Luca,hoping that he might come to her...Then FFX-2 came out.It had the worst plot in a FF game ever.Still,the ending FMV was great.I was happy that Tidus and Yuna were together again.I really would have enjoyed it more if square gave a better explanation how this happened but I was very happy that Tidus was back.Him and Yuna were finally together again and lived happily ever after,I hope :)

Hikari44

アクラ said:
It was a rhetorical question.

It isn't anymore :D

アクラ said:
Screw sequels. I'd have been fine with Tidus being gone. A story's a story. Only people who have any saying in it are the people who made the story or the peoples' constant complaints to make the people who made the story change it. In the case of FFX, it wasn't the peoples' complaints, I'll tell you that.
Yes, I agree. Screw sequels. I would have been perfectly happy w/ tidus gone as well because that's how the story was meant to be. and the sequel was mostly the creators' decision to make money - but the only reason they thought they could make money was because the fans wanted a sequel. Even though SE was stupid to make a sequel, the population is also stupid for wanting one so badly. That's all I'm saying.

アクラ said:
100% means you beat it and you get a 20 second extra clip. Nothing too special.
No, you can beat the game with like 55 % done. You have to do every single sidequest to have it 100% beaten, which is really annoying. And You're right - the 20-second clip is nothing special at all (those yippee hooray's were sarcastic.)it's totally not worth all the time you would have to spend to get the perfect ending, and it messes up the plot too.

文偉立

newb programmer
Hikari44 said:
Yes, I agree. Screw sequels. I would have been perfectly happy w/ tidus gone as well because that's how the story was meant to be. and the sequel was mostly the creators' decision to make money - but the only reason they thought they could make money was because the fans wanted a sequel. Even though SE was stupid to make a sequel, the population is also stupid for wanting one so badly. That's all I'm saying.

What's done is done. Square made a crappy game but it's pointless to go on with it. I'd say they weren't trying though.

No, you can beat the game with like 55 % done. You have to do every single sidequest to have it 100% beaten, which is really annoying. And You're right - the 20-second clip is nothing special at all (those yippee hooray's were sarcastic.)it's totally not worth all the time you would have to spend to get the perfect ending, and it messes up the plot too.

I was just talking about the 20 second extra clip. I never count any game to be complete unless every objective of the game has been obtained.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
<.< Did anyone here besides me'self cry at the ending of FFX? o.o

Aly-chan

oh u prankstahs &#9733;
I am so sorry ...I havn't seen it yet .(i am stuck on a boss ,The crawler and the negator thingy ....i hate them

Hikari44

アクラ said:
What's done is done. Square made a crappy game but it's pointless to go on with it. I'd say they weren't trying though.

Yes, unfortunately. They didn't try at all on the second game.

アクラ said:
I was just talking about the 20 second extra clip. I never count any game to be complete unless every objective of the game has been obtained.
o

Lady Kairi said:
<.< Did anyone here besides me'self cry at the ending of FFX? o.o
DEFINITELY NOT!!!! I bawled for AT LEAST 35 minutes. That ending was the saddest thing i have ever seen. It's up there with Titanic's ending and even more sad than Aeris' death, in my book. I'm pretty sure millions of girls (and guys, even though most of them are too macho to admit it, and the ones who do, i salute you!) cried at that ending

btw, wanna be on my buddy list?? anyone who likes FFX and cried at the ending is all right in my book, even if we do disagree on cloud's true romance :D

Last edited:

文偉立

newb programmer
I'd believe the idea of Final Fantasy X2 was not entirely to "complete" the tragic events of Yuna and Tidus and just a money loving plot twist. Many events of FFX2 are surely unbelievable. I'd have doubted Yuna would be that fortunate to have her way so easily. Tidus vanished and the Fayth finally went to eternal rest. The events of FFX2 were so outrageous and unbelievable that Yuna still had her way. It was a desperation to allow the protagonist have her way regardless of anything. I'd say it was just unbelievable.

Epilogue

killjoy princess
Hikari44 said:
Yes, unfortunately. They didn't try at all on the second game.

o

DEFINITELY NOT!!!! I bawled for AT LEAST 35 minutes. That ending was the saddest thing i have ever seen. It's up there with Titanic's ending and even more sad than Aeris' death, in my book. I'm pretty sure millions of girls (and guys, even though most of them are too macho to admit it, and the ones who do, i salute you!) cried at that ending

btw, wanna be on my buddy list?? anyone who likes FFX and cried at the ending is all right in my book, even if we do disagree on cloud's true romance :D

Heh course XD. Our different oppinions will make our friendship rather interesting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back