• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What did you think of the graphics?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So what where your opinions on the graphics? Personally I really loved Twilight Town but Soras hair, the sand and Rikus island (whatever you wanna call it) looked kinda lame in my opinion

Last edited:

Zetsumei

Awards
They can't really do much with the graphics considering they have to include disney characters. I think they did a good job considering what they have to work with.

The real improvements I think will come in the form of battle content. With 8GB of RAM they should be able to fit an assload of heartless on screen at once and do some awesome animations for abilities and stuff.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd love to wait for a more official trailer down the line, but I've already passed judgement on the graphics so...

I'm not a fan of it. That's not to say I don't like it. It's just, the colours on Destiny Islands are very vibrant. It almost hurts the eyes to look at.

Sora and a few other locations look unfinished, there's no real texture to the characters or locations. It all just seems to meld into one, so to speak. I'm not quite sure how to word it :/

Hopefully they will be able to fine tune it later on down the line.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Unimpressed - the art style and low-polygon models don't lend themselves well to higher fidelity textures, resulting in everything looking glossy or overly cartoony. Here's hoping it's changed for when the game comes out. Honestly, Kingdom Hearts was never, ever about graphical quality, but with the power of the PS4 they've got the option of cutting back on, say, the quality of visuals while greatly upping the scale of worlds, number of enemies on screen at one time, and so on.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm indifferent on the graphics, to me they were never anything worth losing sleep over. An important component for sure, but never something massive.

That being said I thought the trailer was meh, graphically. I feel like the whole duration of the trailer is something I'd be okay with seeing in only cutscenes, but that was immediately shattered when it swapped to the "gameplay" (I don't buy for a second that anything in the trailer is indicative of a final product. Their goal was to tell us that yes, the game exists, and they succeeded.)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Everything looks like Ansem the Wise's face in KH2.
somehow I can't help but to look at your sig while reading that. Now I want someone to add that face to everyone in KH II

I'm indifferent on the graphics, to me they were never anything worth losing sleep over. An important component for sure, but never something massive.

That being said I thought the trailer was meh, graphically. I feel like the whole duration of the trailer is something I'd be okay with seeing in only cutscenes, but that was immediately shattered when it swapped to the "gameplay" (I don't buy for a second that anything in the trailer is indicative of a final product. Their goal was to tell us that yes, the game exists, and they succeeded.)

I feel very confident that the graphics will look that good while playing if that's what you're getting at.

Bobjam

Awards
I have to say I loved everything about the look of the teaser trailer, considering it really is just a tech demo reminiscent of the first time they showed gameplay for 3D. I know it will look better as they develop the game more but I was completely taken away with the new modelling styles, especially the gameplay which just looked fantastic but again just all demos so lets see if they really do improve on it all =).

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
They looked rushed and the design hasn't been adapted as good as I hoped it would. Not sure if that is classified as cel-shaded, but I think they should strive for a different look (closer to the CGI we've seen).

I loved the Heartless swarm and the lightning. Finally, we'll get a game that can do justice to the franchise's vision (thinking of Deep Dive fight, BBS video)!!

Still it was a proof of concept video, I don't think it matters that much at this point. I expect big improvements in the future.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Well of course there will be big improvements. Do you remember that screenshot with Sora's face a while ago that was from the KH1 demo. Well yeah, imagine something like that.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I personally loved the graphics used in the trailer. Kingdom Hearts never really needed Final Fantasy style in-game graphics and the cartoon-y look actually blends well with what it is: a marriage of Disney and Final Fantasy.

kingofgame981

Awards
I like the Sora's model in the trailer, that design make him looks more mature, like he has been grown up.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I like the graphics. Finally we will be able to play in realtime what they usually reserve for CGI trailers. It's an acquired taste and I understand why so people don't like it because they are used to seeing the PS2 graphics for 10 years. So understandable.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I like Sora's KH2 model in the trailer but I gotta be honest that I'm not crazy about the look. It'll definitely get better as they improve the graphics for the game but after the graphic style of the previous games, this will take some setting used to.

A

auburn-flare

I'm going to get shot for saying this: when I first saw the graphics on Destiny Islands, I thought of Super Mario Sunshine.

Not saying that's a bad thing but it just doesn't feel right to me. On the other hand, the scene in Twilight Town is quite nice. Hopefully from this 'rough draft' of KH3 to what we get in the final product, we'll see some polished results.

Everything looks like Ansem the Wise's face in KH2.

This. I'm highly disappointed by the sudden change in art style. The series was consistent—even with the low scaled DS games—so why suddenly change it for what could be the best release in the series? Ridiculous.

That won't stop me from playing, though.

Steamboatwillis

It's in development, this trailer was just to show everyone that the game is being made. The graphics will be better once they finalize the game.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The model looks absolutely amazing, but the colors kind of ruin it :c Everything looks so super saturated and, even though it may have to do with the setting, it still doesn't look right. The oversaturated colors take away from the model's detail. So I hope that they're going to improve the colors. It doesn't need to look realistic, but it just doesn't look right in its current form.

Still, it looks amazing to see KH with HD graphics! c:

Lost_theMad

I liked the cutscene graphics, though I did think they were a bit too bright. It reminded me of Skyward Sword, and I wasn't a big fan of the brightness/style of that game. Gameplay wise, it could definitely use some improvements, but it definitely will seeing as that was just an early development concept trailer. It just looked too..shiny?

kdude17

The change in art style is very disappointing. The poster at E3 showed the same Sora as in the trailer. The point about the series being consistent is absolutely true, I have no idea why they are changing it for the finale, it just doesn't feel right. They could still make it look amazing using the current art style. Sora's face doesn't even look the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back