• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are some things that you wish weren’t in the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vulpes XIII

Awards
A vast majority of ocs. Time for a good ol' fashion culling. They're the reason why Disney and Final Fantasy are just so irrelevant. Not only are their so many wasted opportunities in place of the ocs, but most of them are also either bland or poorly fleshed out. I apologize to people who love the trios, but in my personal opinion, I have no attachment for any of them except SDG. (I also love Mickey and Riku's dynamic)

A large cast of characters can be good if managed well, but unfortunately in Kingdom Hearts case it’s become a problem and it seems Nomura doesn’t exactly know how to handle it, Kairi is a perfect example of this and KH3 and Melody of Memory have made it a lot worse. I agree they should cull some of the characters, but the problem with Kingdom Hearts is the concept of death does not exist and that no character is gone for good and KH3 shows that as long as a character is popular enough they will probably come back. As much as i like characters like Roxas and Xion their arc is finished and they shouldn’t haven’t a role in the next saga, but that unlikely going to happen because their well liked characters.I don’t even know if Nomura would be capable of culling characters I mean Xehanort should of been gone after KH3 but that didn’t happen. The trio situation definitely causes problems in terms of character development due to limited interaction outside the trio and Namine is a good example of this. However now that Isa seems to be part of the Days group hopefully that’s a sign that they aren’t going to keep characters to trios only.

The other problem is that given Verum Rex and Quadratum situation seems to be Nomura main focus because it’s his version of Versus XIII and in my opinion it seems like Disney and Final Fantasy are definitely going to have a smaller role if Nomura can get away with it and we’ll be lucky if we see Leon and the others again as I think that their role been taken over by the apprentices, so I think that situation is only going to get worse.

Axel's line when facing Xemnas in Kh3' ending.
I really hate axel so much in kh3. H used to be one of my favs..

"There's lots of people rooting for me! Got it memorized?"

As much as I like Axel as a character since he been recompleted he definitely not been as good, for me it’s feel like the best parts of the character which made me like him in earlier games have mostly been removed and his desire to save his friends and his “ Got it memorized” line are really the only things that are left of the character and honestly if he appears in future games I hope they don’t start making him do self aware lines all the time such as the lots of people rooting for me line cause that will just get annoying.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't know why they bothered to make so many mini games for Classic Kingdom in Kingdom Hearts 3. I never hear the fanbase talk about it and feels like Square should had focused on more important things.

You know what, yeah. Let's talk about this. It is a cute little minigame but I expected it to do more than what it did. Kind of sucks that they didn't have online functionality to give it more playability. Imagine an online ranking board, multiplayer challenges, or smartphone connectivity.

I liked it a lot, though. I just think it could have done more or served a purpose, or even had a plot reason for being in the game. I would have liked the idea of there being a little story tied to it.

disney233

Awards
Mind if I talking about the Classic Tone in regards to the Classic Kingdom convo? I despise that aside from how aesthetically pleasing it is, as well as the shotlock and finisher....it's all just an old-timey version of Favorite Deputy. Same transformations, like...what? They've done so much for Classic Kingdom and yet so little with the Keyblade won by it? Please.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The mini games were something I didn’t bother with since I was playing the mini games on Union X to get the Starlight Keyblade and by the time I got to them in KH3 and learned there was 26 of them my first reaction was “why does there have to be more mini games“ and when I learned you could get a Keyblade from them my first thought was “ not doing this again”.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s more bizarre when you realized they made 26 of them. Like that’s a lot.

Yeah. Honestly, it strikes me as something that probably had some sort of story planned for it, but they didn't have time to make it.

Mind if I talking about the Classic Tone in regards to the Classic Kingdom convo? I despise that aside from how aesthetically pleasing it is, as well as the shotlock and finisher....it's all just an old-timey version of Favorite Deputy. Same transformations, like...what? They've done so much for Classic Kingdom and yet so little with the Keyblade won by it? Please.

A few of the keyblades are just reskins with different stats.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- Pete
- The Unversed
- PIXAR
- Drive Forms / Antiform
- Command Deck
- Lingering Will in 2 + the secret bosses in BbS. All of them are awful and unplayable.
- Reaction Commands
- "Finny Fun." I don't mind the other songs, but this... And it was the first one, too. lol
- The Grid
- The Light Cycle minigame in Space Paranoids.

horto12485

Awards
I can Name a Few

Wonderland
Monstro
Songs at Atlantica (The Atlantica in KH2 didn't make no sense at all there was no Combat no Heartless or battling or Drive Forms/Summons you couldn't use at that World)
Data Demyx
Olaf Minigame
Arendelle (Replace with Something better like um The Princess and the Frog or Pocahontas (Ok Bad Idea)
KH3 100 Acre Wood (A World with only One Room that sucks)
Annoying Enemies (Hot rod, Graveyards, Emerald Blues, Tank Topplers, SniperWild, Invisible, Sorcerer, Mandrakes, Trickmaster, Leechgrave,)
Deck Command (Worst feature of the Series (From Birth By Sleep to Dream Drop Distance) (I prefer the Command Menu)
The Plot Rush of Kingdom Hearts 3
Critical Mode (That Mode was Horrible you can't even defeat a Single Enemy in that mode plus the HP/MP were Halved in each Game (From KH2FM to KH3) (Every game expect for Re: Coded and Dream Drop Distance)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Of the few Keyblade transformations that were copy and pasted this one bothered me the most.

Would have been more creative if the transformation for that Keyblade was just a pair of giant white gloves Sora used to smack enemies with, lol

redcrown

Awards
-Time Travel
-Data and data worlds in general
-Xion
-Ventus and Vanitas
-The new Org13
-Luxord, he simultaneously unsettles and bores me everytime he's onscreen.
-Replica Riku in KH3
-The concept of being Norted
-The black box, Master of Masters, and the union cross storyline, or at least have it completely separate from the current story.
-Anti-Aqua
-Kairi having a keyblade, just erase that scene in KH2 that started it all together.
-Pete
-Maleficent being alive past KH1

That's all that comes to me right now, there's definitely more if I think about it for longer.

Last edited:

Swing

Awards
- The Unversed feel very pointless. I think they just created them because storywise you couldn't either use the Heartless or the Nobodies for KH:BBS.

Last edited:

Chie

Awards
I'd much rather they make a new monster than just use Heartless for no reason, though. The latter is what the mobile games did and it still doesn't fit with me.

Elysium

Awards
I don't understand how they couldn't have used the Heartless in BbS. If the reason they still exist in KH2 is that "darkness yet lingers in every heart," then clearly they had to have been around since long before BbS (referring to pureblood Heartless; I know Emblems were entirely a creation of Ansem SOD).

Chie

Awards
I don't understand how they couldn't have used the Heartless in BbS. If the reason they still exist in KH2 is that "darkness yet lingers in every heart," then clearly they had to have been around since long before BbS (referring to pureblood Heartless; I know Emblems were entirely a creation of Ansem SOD).
Because the Heartless going out and attacking all the worlds in KH1 onwards is a big deal; we must presume that usually people can walk from one map to another without having a random encounter with Heartless spawning in. The Heartless DO exist in BbS, yeah, but only in the realm of darkness, where you actually do fight them in Final Mix. (They could have written a plot point about why there are Heartless attacking the worlds for BbS if they really wanted to, but it's not very elegant since it would make the events of KH1 "business as usual" in the big picture instead of being a result of Ansem's plans. ... Meanwhile, in Dark Road...)

Elysium

Awards
Well, yeah, the Heartless being around was a big deal. That's why it never made any sense for them to still exist in KH2, but since that game had already smashed that rule and acted as if they were always going to be present anyway, they might as well have just used them in BbS. It is when Maleficent's story began (she overthrows HB not long after BbS), so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal.

Chie

Awards
The experiments into the Heartless between BbS and KH1 is still a significant turning point even if the Heartless stuck around longer than you might expect. You could see it as "these were creatures of the realm of darkness before, but the experiments Xehanort conducted unleashed them into our world where they multiplied too much to be put back", which also makes the time when you finally DO see the RoD in BbS so significant.

Of course it would be nice to have a line in the next game of Yen Sid or somebody saying something like "the heartless have finally been all cleaned up"

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Every entry post-KHII.

Should've left it at the trinity, maybe another bridge game, then KHIII.

Complicated simple concepts into a convoluted mess, retcons, and did not manage to properly handle all those threads when the time came for it (KHIII).

So I'll do Nomura the favor of erasing all his fuck ups and the narrative decline of the series by overblowing the cast number. Any Sora and/or Kairi copy should have died at Roxas and Naminè, period.

Back