• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are some things that you wish weren’t in the games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

palizinhas

Awards
I stand by what I said that “turning” her was tone deaf. Aqua didn’t turn into her friends when she needed them. Neither did Ventus. Sora had everyone around him metaphorically in DDD, why couldn’t they do that with Kairi?
Honestly they should have done the same as Remind Sora when he helps Roxas, have Kairi be the one there, but with a ghostly Sora showing up behind her. They even have the same freaking battle stance too.

ChaosStark

Awards
Gummi ship segments. I really don't like them. I will say that KH2's are better than KH1's, but... I still wish they could just be skipped.

The ice cream minigame in Ventus's segment of Disney Town in BbS. Actually, no. The entirety of Disney Town in BbS. Or, if it couldn't be gotten rid of, at least don't have it be a requirement to continue with the plot.

Time travel. Either simplify it or get rid of it entirely- I might be miscounting or misunderstanding something, but I'm pretty sure there's at least four different methods, and that makes it a pretty inconsistent mechanic. Pick one and stick to it, or don't do it at all.

That catchphrase that the Master of Masters always spouts off. I can't even think that sentence because every time I do, it makes me feel like I'm losing brain cells. People don't talk like that. I can tell that it's supposed to be inspiring, but... there's easier ways to say "follow your heart" or "let your heart guide you"... there's two of them already. It feels like someone thought that the inspiring phrase needed to have both "heart" and "key" in it in order for it to fit into the KH universe, and the result is a mess. I never want to hear it again.

And the big one... Union X having to be connected to the main plot. I think Ux could have been a great standalone KH story, but the series seems to have a rule that everything has to be connected to everything else. It makes all of the familiar character appearances in Ux (Ventus, Marluxia and Larxene's Somebodies) feel contrived and fanservice-y. I think I said it somewhere else, but... let the ancient history just be ancient history. I'd have much preferred if Ux took a leaf from Star Wars The Old Republic's book, and exist more to flesh out the universe and the lore by exploring a period in said universe's history. Any familiar elements would be little Easter eggs- just a name or a place or an image that's familiar to anyone who knows the series but isn't crucial to understanding what's going on- and the game itself wouldn't be something you have to experience to understand the main saga. But instead... Ux is connected to everything, and I'm just fed up with that. If you want characters to be important, show them to be important... don't tell us six or so games in that they're important and always have been using a mobile game meant to show us an event in the universe's history. It overcomplicates everything, and when installments like KH3 bring up the Ux connection, it feels like a retcon.

disney233

Awards
Every entry post-KHII.

Should've left it at the trinity, maybe another bridge game, then KHIII.

Complicated simple concepts into a convoluted mess, retcons, and did not manage to properly handle all those threads when the time came for it (KHIII).

So I'll do Nomura the favor of erasing all his fuck ups and the narrative decline of the series by overblowing the cast number. Any Sora and/or Kairi copy should have died at Roxas and Naminè, period.
This....so much of this. MANY things post 2 DID NOT NEED TO COME TO BE. EVEN IN 2 THERE WERE THINGS THAT WERE NOT NEEDED. Specifically, the Disney villain council's barely relevant return. ESPECIALLY MALEFICENT'S.

redcrown

Awards
Every entry post-KHII.

Should've left it at the trinity, maybe another bridge game, then KHIII.

Complicated simple concepts into a convoluted mess, retcons, and did not manage to properly handle all those threads when the time came for it (KHIII).

So I'll do Nomura the favor of erasing all his fuck ups and the narrative decline of the series by overblowing the cast number. Any Sora and/or Kairi copy should have died at Roxas and Naminè, period.

I would agree except I loved DDD and the concept of Sleeping Worlds and the Sleeping Realm. It weirdly felt like a natural addition to the series despite similar introduced lore like data and replicas feeling downright alien and out of place.

If it had stuck to being about dreams and sleep and not brought in time travel and the concept of Norting, the new Org13, Recompletion, and forced return of the Xehanorts, it would have been an almost perfect game and first entry into the new saga.

Edit: Now that I think about it the idea of sleeping realm would have been a better vehicle to bring back Terra, Aqua, Roxas and Namine, if Nomura really wanted to bring them back to life instead of whatever happened in KH3; although them staying dead would have kept their tragedy and the stakes of "anybody can die permanently" in this series intact.

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
Edit: Now that I think about it the idea of sleeping realm would have been a better vehicle to bring back Terra, Aqua, Roxas and Namine, if Nomura really wanted to bring them back to life instead of whatever happened in KH3; although them staying dead would have kept their tragedy and the stakes of "anybody can die permanently" in this series intact.
None of them were dead tho

Vulpes XIII

Awards
One thing I wish wasn’t in Days was the way the game decided to handle levelling up your character.I don’t hate the panel system just the way you level up I know I can get slot releaser to make more space but I would rather not be made to decide do I want magic/healing items or level ups.

Swing

Awards
Something that bugs me is that characters die but always come back. Because then that death has no real meaning in the KH world. Xion's and Axel's emotional death scene means really nothing for me if the characters always keep coming back later.

Also, the regular-sized feet bug me to no end. I wish the characters had huge feet like in KH and KH:CoM. Because of that, I needed to take art classes so that I can draw the big feet myself.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Xion weird logic for existing.

The reason why I didn't really like her was that she was this hodgepodge of a character. She could have just been a traitorous member who went into hiding so that she could protect Roxas and Axel instead of being Sora's clone who siphoned Roxas' memories and powers. Moving forward, that's not a big deal to me anymore as she's her own person now.

the red monster

Awards
Gummi ship segments. I really don't like them. I will say that KH2's are better than KH1's, but... I still wish they could just be skipped.

The ice cream minigame in Ventus's segment of Disney Town in BbS. Actually, no. The entirety of Disney Town in BbS. Or, if it couldn't be gotten rid of, at least don't have it be a requirement to continue with the plot.

Time travel. Either simplify it or get rid of it entirely- I might be miscounting or misunderstanding something, but I'm pretty sure there's at least four different methods, and that makes it a pretty inconsistent mechanic. Pick one and stick to it, or don't do it at all.
This. so much this.

disney233

Awards
I personally just think that games past KH2....just weren't needed. I apologize.

Awards
Something that bugs me is that characters die but always come back. Because if that death has no real meaning in the KH world. Xion's and Axel's emotional death scene means really nothing for me if the characters always keep coming back later.

Also, the regular-sized feet bug me to no end. I wish the characters had huge feet like in KH and KH:CoM. Because of that, I needed to take art classes so that I can draw the big feet myself.
I agree regarding the loss of meaning of death due to characters always coming back.

As for your big-feet fetish, I find myself a little concerned.

D

Deleted member 246005

Sora as the protagonist and Xehanort as the antagonist.

Kingdom hearts isn't good at keeping you interested in its oc characters long term. They don't really fit the long term epic ambitions Nomura has. Sora and Xehanort tend to be the worst offenders.

Kingdom hearts would've been better off rotating its cast out. Sorta like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Pokémon Adventures special.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swing

Awards
As for your big-feet fetish, I find myself a little concerned.
It is just a little running I want to build up. Plus, you kinda have to admit, that the big shoe sizes gave the KH-characters their own personal touch. Now they kinda blend in a bit too well with other Square Enix-properties.

Last edited:
Back