• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

wait wait wait what?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waves_Blade

So I watched a vid and saw the following:

Young Master Xehanort (the pre-departing Destiny Islands not the evil YMX in 3D) is approached by Mr. Brown Cloak. (Who was Ansem SoD in KH1 (or at least we think he was/is))

Does... what... I don't even... the *kuppo*?!!?

Does that either mean:

A) Ansem SoD could time travel (which leads to a paradox with how could he time travel if he had to time travel to lead himself down the path to exist in the first place)

B) Young Master Xehanort was approached by SOMEONE ELSE and influenced into his current path?

C) ????

wtb translations/the game itself soooo baaaaad

EDIT: Scratch that, YMX confirmed it was himself.

blast.

Awards
YMX can time travel. That scene probably takes place during KH1.

*Waits patiently for subs*

EDIT: Actually, I read a post on here saying that during that clip YMX says to Sora something along the lines of "this is where it all started". Hmm....

Waves_Blade

YMX can time travel. That scene probably takes place during KH1.

*Waits patiently for subs*

EDIT: Actually, I read a post on here saying that during that clip YMX says to Sora something along the lines of "this is where it all started". Hmm....

I KNOW MAN that line reaaalllllyy made me excited for more possibilities!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That brown cloak was used by Ansem SoD in KH 1, we don't know if it is really Ansem under that cloak or if it is really another being which Xehanort remembers.

It's not new that Xehanort or other forms/spirits or whatever of him re-use things they vaguely remember from before.

Ansem SoD also used clothing similar to Master Xehanort himself, Xemnas gave the Org members names with an "X" because of his faint memories of Master Xehanort's obsession with the X-blade and also copied MX's black coat.
So it would be not unreasonable that Ansem SoD had some memories of that brown cloak and then used it.

Still, if we can finally decipher the dialogue it will become all a lot easier. ;)

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
That, or the Young Master Xehanort we see on DI was a young man like Riku- He wasn't Xehanort. He got approached by a man named Xehanort. And unlike Riku, he lost the fight and became Xehanort's host. Until his death.

The implication of this would be that Xehanort may have snatched people's body for centuries. The Xehanort from BBS is only his latest host.

After all, Nomura did say history repeats itself...

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
That, or the Young Master Xehanort we see on DI was a young man like Riku- He wasn't Xehanort. He got approached by a man named Xehanort. And unlike Riku, he lost the fight and became Xehanort's host. Until his death.

The implication of this would be that Xehanort may have snatched people's body for centuries. The Xehanort from BBS is only his latest host.

That's what I think as well. This just makes Xehanort even scary to me if it's true to think he's been possessing innocent people bodies every so often.

Waves_Blade

mmm

If any of this proves true, I can't help but wonder how many times this, Xehanort being (if thats him), has tried to enact his plans (re-ignite the keyblade war), or if he was possibly apart of the origional event to begin with.

Just hopeful fan thoughts >.>

Zul

Awards

Imo this contradicts the BBS journals, which state that he was a man living on an island, then he left it, became a keyblade master..ect.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't see yet any contradiction there.
In the BBS reports Xehanort never specified how he managed to leave his world as a youth, so this brown cloaked guy could have something to do with that.

Zul

Awards
These ones show a very smooth transition, however, often reflecting on the past.

After leaving my hometown, much time has passed, but I have been to many worlds and learned many things. Here I will document one part of it, so I can remember my travels. Thinking back, the point at which my destiny changed was when I found the people I would come to call my master and brother. That was when I gained a new hometown. And the keyblade. Originally, I wonder who made them, and for what purpose? While training to become a keyblade wielder, I was taught that it was so to become a guardian of the light and protect the worlds from darkness. But is that really all there is to it? Aside from for missions, it was forbidden to venture into the other worlds, but sometimes I did, looking for new knowledge.
That alone has him talking about his hometown, and searching for knowledge after having found out about the keyblade.

And possession followed by memory loss is repetition on an absurd level, that's literally the exact thing that happened in bbs. I can't imagine Nomura using a plot device that cheap.

I don't see yet any contradiction there.
In the BBS reports Xehanort never specified how he managed to leave his world as a youth, so this brown cloaked guy could have something to do with that.

I'm saying that the idea of him being possessed then venturing out in the world seems contradictory to him calling DI a hometown, calling life mundane and boring in that world.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Or people could take into account the possibility of retroactive continuity.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm thinking *and hoping* this cloaked figure is a higher power that brought Xehanort to the dark side.
This cloaked figure could be someone to deal with after the Xehanort saga.

And did anyone else find it creepy when he suddenly appeared in front of Sora like that? That darkness under the hood was.... kinda scary.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"After leaving my hometown" => There we have it, no elaboration on how and when at all.

I wasn't suggesting this brown cloak guy posessing Young Xehanort by the way, but rather that he/she/it was the one who allowed Xehanort to leave Destiny Islands in the first place.
Like Ansem SoD (in the same brown cloak) opened a dark corridor for Riku in KH 1 to leave before the Islands were destroyed.

No need to take on retcon if it can be explained or reasonably theorized by in-universe terms and logic.
We also don't yet know any dialogue pieces so we can't confirm anything anyways yet.

Zul

Awards
Right, I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was saying that the idea of possession seems contradictory to what the journals state.

In a single report, he mentions his hometown and then acquiring the keyblade. It's highly unlikely he was possessed, I think browncloak just offered him a way out.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I haven't been keeping up with DDD as closely as I have previous releases, so would somebody mind explaining who Young MX is and how he exists? Or is this just another unexplained mystery?

Zul

Awards
I haven't been keeping up with DDD as closely as I have previous releases, so would somebody mind explaining who Young MX is and how he exists? Or is this just another unexplained mystery?

I don't know exactly, but it appears as if Xehanort is fragmenting his heart and putting it in everyone, turning them into Xehanorts.

Seeing as how Vanitas appeared as a phantasm near YMX at some point, I'd say he's Vanitas-nort. Except unlike Braig, who's only partially Xehanort (some white hair, yellow eyes), Vanitas has been fully Xehanortized, appearing as a 15/16 year old Xehanort.

This is just based on observation, we really need the subs to figure it out imo.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know exactly, but it appears as if Xehanort is fragmenting his heart and putting it in everyone, turning them into Xehanorts.

Seeing as how Vanitas appeared as a phantasm near YMX at some point, I'd say he's Vanitas-nort. Except unlike Braig, who's only partially Xehanort (some white hair, yellow eyes), Vanitas has been fully Xehanortized, appearing as a 15/16 year old Xehanort.

This is just based on observation, we really need the subs to figure it out imo.

Oh shit, why did I not realize Xigbar's gray streaks are from Xehanort's influence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back