• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Violence. Is it pointless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is violence pointless?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Nicely put NoMorals. What is your view on war? Is that pointless?

Depends on what for. The war we are fighting now is for a good cause. Or atleast I think it is. If I'm right, we are fighting to gain stability in Iraq with all the bombings and shit. I havn't been up to date with this crap.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
((My bad for double post. Accident))

but do you think going and punching someone even if they didnt do anything to you to show emotion?

No. Thats just being a jackass with no outlet for agression and is probley just feuling his ego =/

I beat kids like that up ^_^

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
violence is a quick solution when there isn't enough time to talk it out. wwii for example, try and convince hitler to stop killing jew, which during that time of, he could be killing more jews, or go in there and beat his military and make him stop killings jews.

shadowRoXaS

There is usually a reason for war for example defending yourself, land and so on. But if people just fight for the feeling of victory it is pretty pointless but i guess it is human instinct to fight

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Violence is pointless, period. I enjoy watching a good fight here and there, but there's still no point to it. As stated before, it is the most primal form of expresion. Every animal does so. However, we as humans are suposed to be above "primal". Though we are mammels, we don't consider ourselves animals.

Now I'll use the most used example so far: WW2. What Hitler was commiting were mass acts of VIOLENCE. What was it? Pointless. All those Jews that died were nothing but scapegoats. Hitler was a naturally violent man, and were it not for that WW2 wouldn't have happened. Hitler would never been able to rally up the broken Germany if WW1 never happened. The Great Depression never would have plagued America if WW1 never happened. I'm sure you all know what cause WW1. *coughviolencecough* "Viloence breeds violence."

On a more mundane scale, as an act to release anger and stress, violence is still pointless. There are so many more stress releavers out there. You don't have to hit something to express your anger.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Well let me go back to WW2. If nobody had stepped in to stop Hitler even more would have died. Would you call that pointless?

If Hitler had never killed any non-Arians with his violence, then the violence needed to stop him would never have needed to happen.

Violence is pointless, which leads to other violence.

Its used by almost all animals. Its natrual to fight.

Yet we have this nifty little feature called "superior intelligence" that other animals don't have. I can understand it might be in our nature, but I don't think violence is the best answer to things, while animals can't really decipher what's wrong with it. We know how to plan and see what would happen in the future for our consequences. Violence leads to violence which leads to trouble.

A kind heart can turn away anger
A still soul can turn a rage at peace.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Violence is pointless,

except for standing up for what's right, even if that means defending it. Of course you wouldn't have to DO that if violence didn't exist.

Violence is someone's stuck-up-the-ass way to show that they're too neanderthal to talk it out or maintain peace.

So by your reasoning that makes most of the elected world leaders, neanderthals...

Case in point: MI5 deal with terrorism from within in the UK. If an attack on British soil is imminent by Muslim terrorists who are lead to believe by there own understanding of there faith that to kill will gain them some form of glory in the afterlife, then we should sit back and let the carnage happen, i most certainly think not.

Violence in order of Global/National Security is necessary, not neanderthalic...but then again pointless violence such as gangs of teenagers beating up people on street corners actually has a moral issue that needs to be tackled, violence gives you attention which 80% of the time is blown out of proportion by the media...

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So by your reasoning that makes most of the elected world leaders, neanderthals...

Yes. I understand them needing to defend themselves in war, but we wouldn't HAVE war if no one had started violence in the first place. I think everyone's just hungry lol. Cure world-hunger, cure the grumpy attitudes of the middle east, and it will cure the world of violence xD

Violence in order of Global/National Security is necessary, not neanderthalic...

Well not now, but if violence hadn't started in the first place, we wouldn't need to defend ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back