• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Violence in Videogames

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Violence the cause of aggression in society?

• Yes because...

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No because...

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MizuHikari

Website
mizuhikari.deviantart.com
I didn't really know where I should put this so I settled for here.
My question is:
Do you believe violence in video games is the cause of crimes nowadays?
Do you believe violence in video games is causing aggression in teenagers?
This is for a project for school so comments about why violence is good or bad in videogames would be great. Thanks! :)

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
you just asked for a lot of people saying no it does not cause violence.

In reality for a normal kid violence in a video game wont effect them of course when i say kid i should say teen cause most violent video games are aimed at teenagers. Now younger kids could be affectted but it is up to parents to make sure the kid understands you cannot do things like what is presented in videos in real life. Or the parents need to actually not let the kid have the game.

Also violence can effect an unstable teenager but more than likely they arent going to do what they see in video games. Video games can make people feel unattached from the world so sometimes all they see is this violence and they create almost a fiction world in their head. This doesnt always happen and maybe rare asa it is but again it falls to the parents to make sure their child is not overplaying games.

Wasilis

Bronze Member
Let me tell you my point of view. I will try to describe it as better as I can, cause English is not my mother language.

Do you believe violence in video games is the cause of crimes nowadays?

No. But on the other hand some people are inclined to believe that violence in a video game promotes violence in the real life as well. I think that teenagers, even younger children, are mature enough to understand and discriminate the unreal from the real. If they see someone killing a person in a video game, they won't try to do the same! And after all through the education they learn discipline. In addition, education urges them not to perform crimes, because they saw it somewhere. Finally, if violence in video games caused crimes, then the crime rates would be higher than they are now, cause thousands or even millions people play videos games, which contain violence.

Do you believe violence in video games is causing aggression in teenagers?

I don't know what to answer. Sorry...:blush:

I hope my first answer is good enough.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Very relevant to violence.

I can't stand video games.

Ugh. Damn fool children's fad, nothing more.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Is Violence the cause of aggression in society?
Alright i saw you made this a poll after i posted so i guess i can answer your question.

As humans we are naturally aggressive so to say that video games is the cause for that aggression is incorrect. Video games have nothing to do with the aggression in our society.

Dexel

Beyond hope
you just asked for a lot of people saying no it does not cause violence.

In reality for a normal kid violence in a video game wont effect them of course when i say kid i should say teen cause most violent video games are aimed at teenagers. Now younger kids could be affectted but it is up to parents to make sure the kid understands you cannot do things like what is presented in videos in real life. Or the parents need to actually not let the kid have the game.

Also violence can effect an unstable teenager but more than likely they arent going to do what they see in video games. Video games can make people feel unattached from the world so sometimes all they see is this violence and they create almost a fiction world in their head. This doesnt always happen and maybe rare asa it is but again it falls to the parents to make sure their child is not overplaying games.

Quoted For Major Logic Plus Truth.

Clone

No. when i think of the people i know most play games and they r not violent at all, most of the time its fun to talk about games with ur friends. sport is more violent than games cause when they play them they get really competitive and can result in arguements when palying them as video games.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I don't think the violence in VGs is the cause of most crimes as much as it the cause for stupidity. Some people don't realize it's just a game. Just cause they do it in the game doesn't mean they can do something like that in real life. I think it's just the regular stuff that causes most crimes, drugs, money, and other random stuff.

As for the aggression in teenagers, I don't really think so. Even without videogames, teenagers can still be aggressive with everything going on around them.

K

kingdomfighter5

Im writing a paper for my AP lan class about video games in schools and have to follow through an arguement that violence and video games have no direct corelation. I found a site by the ESA and ill give it to you. It shows a study that proves that violence has decreased as video game sales have increased. The Entertainment Software Association - Industry Facts

A

Azrael

Video games do not cause people to committ crimes, poor excuse to blame video games

one wing angel

i just did this paper. i have the thread somewhere if you wanna use it al well as my notes and works cited

MizuHikari

Website
mizuhikari.deviantart.com
Im writing a paper for my AP lan class about video games in schools and have to follow through an arguement that violence and video games have no direct corelation. I found a site by the ESA and ill give it to you. It shows a study that proves that violence has decreased as video game sales have increased. The Entertainment Software Association - Industry Facts
Thank you so much! I've reached a dead end, and this'll definately help me! :)

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
For one dont double post and for hell dont triple post. You just committed a mortal sin and violence that isnt cause from video games could be on your horizon.
USE EDIT BUTTON IN BOTTON RIGHT CORNER

But any like i have said it isnt violence in video games that causes the society to be violent. Instead it is natural insintict. Some people tend to be violent for fun or some other cause. Games shows them violence but it isnt telling them to go out and do it. Rather than it can influence them at times but it mainly comes down to the way society is treating the individual. Their mind can be unstable and video games are their only way out of the harsh reality of their lives. Parents need to be able to comfort their child so violent nature doesnt arise. So violence can cause this mainly because this is all the kid sees but most children arent playing video games nonstop and are pushed out of society like an outcast.

I would say only about 1% of our violence in the world is caused by video games. And i dont say even video games is the direct cause to that 1% instead there are millions of other factors that help cause that violence.

Dreadnought

Violent video games are NOT a cause of violence in society: unless people have no common sense, then they should know that they are not supposed to emulate the things they see in a violent game. As for the aggression in teenagers, I think the only way that is true is when they get angry at a video game because they can't do something in it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back