• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ven's "erasure"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
...well, why am I surprised hearing this coming from you.

Here's to waiting for him to pull a Roronoa Zoro sometime soon then.
Or give a Keyblade to Donald and Goofy. That'd be pretty hardcore.

Screw Zoro, I'd like to see him pull a Hachan. Six Keyblades at once? Hell yes.

Gaeldor

At the time sora was sleeping in the pod and roxas had 2 keyblades if my math is correct soras keyblade plus roxas two keyblades makes three altogether

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaeldor

Well when speaking about where Roxas got his second keyblade from, its before Roxas and Sora merged.

Gaeldor

I dont really see a problem with this theory because when Sora and Roxas split obviously a keyblade was created in some kind of manor. It wouldnt be strange if it dissapeared when they merged.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Well, we know that Sora is to an extent capable of wielding three Keyblades. Anyone who has engaged in the overly frustrating Roxas fight in FM+ knows this, as Sora is able to take O & OK from Roxas and use them in his attacks, while still holding a Keyblade of his own.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Hm... I can see some form of logic in this, if we say Roxas has his Keyblade which originated in Ven, and when Sora went to sleep, Roxas became able to Duel Wield.
Drive Forms would let Sora Duel Wield by accessing Roxas's own Keyblade, but that does mean Xion's Keyblade has no place to play in here.
Sounds pretty solid, come to think about it.

Well, we know that Sora is to an extent capable of wielding three Keyblades. Anyone who has engaged in the overly frustrating Roxas fight in FM+ knows this, as Sora is able to take O & OK from Roxas and use them in his attacks, while still holding a Keyblade of his own.

That's different. Roxas is the one sustaining those Keyblades, not Sora.
Duel Wielding = summoning two Keyblades, not just holding them. Otherwise Sora "duel wielded" with the WtD.

Gaeldor

Doesnt that same logic say that sora had the power to dualwield from the beginning?

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
That's different. Roxas is the one sustaining those Keyblades, not Sora.
Duel Wielding = summoning two Keyblades, not just holding them. Otherwise Sora "duel wielded" with the WtD.

I guess that makes sense, but I still think it's safe to say that if something of that sort is possible, why wouldn't someone be capable of using three keyblades? Hell, if two can be floated why can't two be simultaneously be held?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Doesnt that same logic say that sora had the power to dualwield from the beginning?

Yes, and no. Much like Riku had the Keyblade in his possession for like a decade, he never managed to use it until Sora pulled it out, Maleficent and/or XH helped him get the Soul Eater, and then the plot worked its magic to get him the WtD.

Sora already can't really Duel Wield on his own without Drive Forms, and Roxas would've needed Sora asleep and incapable of wielding.
It's a delicate condition that requires "help", something Sora didn't have in KH1 both because the KK wasn't properly his, and by the time it was, Roxas took the "other" Keyblade when he was born.

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Sora already can't really Duel Wield on his own without Drive Forms, and Roxas would've needed Sora asleep and incapable of wielding.
It's a delicate condition that requires "help", something Sora didn't have in KH1 both because the KK wasn't properly his, and by the time it was, Roxas took the "other" Keyblade when he was born.

Actually, I'm pretty sure something has been said about him actually being able to. Roxas has all the abilities that Sora has, thus Sora would be able to DW. Also, think back to the cutscene in which Sora gains Valor Form. He isn't fused with Goofy, and yet still has two Keyblades (This is a cut-scene, so I think it's safe to say that it's canon.)

To say that Sora NEEDS goofy to wield two keyblades would be to say that Goofy can also wield the Keyblade, and is maintaining the second for him, no?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That scene is one of the things that indicate the drive forms "eating" up your party members to be pure game-play mechanics.
The game's cheap enough as it is. Imagine had you been Final Form'd along with Donald and Goofy helping you.

Gaeldor

So what makes your theory so much more probable than mine and the fact that Sora fights Roxas while wielding a keyblade at the same time as Roxas is wielding 2 keyblades. Doesnt that if anything make three of them?

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
That scene is one of the things that indicate the drive forms "eating" up your party members to be pure game-play mechanics.
The game's cheap enough as it is. Imagine had you been Final Form'd along with Donald and Goofy helping you.

Yes, but by saying that it's a gameplay mechanic to balance that game you enforce my theory that Sora CAN dual-wield without the assistance of a party member.

Key of Valor

The Professor
So what makes your theory so much more probable than mine and the fact that Sora fights Roxas while wielding a keyblade at the same time as Roxas is wielding 2 keyblades. Doesnt that if anything make three of them?

I think the problem with that fight is that
it wasn't necessarily set in the physical realm,
so three Keyblades at once could potentially
mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back