• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Utada's English Album "This is the One"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RueLi

Website
dnangelsora.deviantart.com
As most of you already know,
Utada is the wonderful voice behind KH's theme songs, Hikari/Simple and Clean & Passion/Sanctuary.

Well, she's about to release her new English album, titled "This is the One" on March 24.
Her first single from said album, "Come Back to Me," will be released February 9 on iTunes,
but you can hear it on her MySpace page, or at her Island site (linked below).

Anyone else this excited??:E

Utada External Links:
click to view

• >Utada-Island Def Jam Records<
Promo Video and "Come Back to Me" sample

>Utada's Myspace Page<
MySpace profile and "Come Back to Me" sample

>Utada United-The Unofficial Source for Utada Hikaru<
Up-to-Date Utada news

Papou

Ugh... that song is awful. Her music used to be so interesting and beautiful and unique, especially with Exodus and Ultra Blue. This sounds like every other unremarkable piece of trash American pop hit: lame lyrics (rain on a window pane? "come back to me, I'll be everything you need"?) and the uninteresting music (boring thump-clap beat). The poorly executed falsetto is the cherry atop this awful sundae. This sounds like a cross between Vanessa Hudgens and Mariah Carey.

vivi_07

she has such a pretty voice! favorite song is simple and clean! i know some other ones but theres a lot more! i haven't listened 2 any of her new albums though. r they any good?

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
This sounds like a cross between Vanessa Hudgens and Mariah Carey.
O_O omg it does!!!!! i hope the rest of the cd doesn't sound like this, if i heard this on the radio and then the dj said it was Utada i would say that they read it wrong, if a friend told me it was her i'd call them a liar! this sounds nothing like the other stuff of hers i've heard.

L

Lady Yuki

Wow really she is comeing out with an english album?Hope it goes well for her.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I gotta wonder if this will work out. She's really the first japanese artist to try and make an american transition.

It'll be interesting to see how it all folds out.

L

Lady Yuki

I gotta wonder if this will work out. She's really the first japanese artist to try and make an american transition.

It'll be interesting to see how it all folds out.

I know cause her voice will sound sooooooo difrent than her japaness voice.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Why would you expect her to mention KH on her profile?

vivi_07

she has such a great voice! you can't even tell if she has a accent when she sings in english!
i love her music
cant wait to listen to this album!

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I gotta admit, the song isn't completely what I expected of her, but maybe some of that's on my part of mostly listening to her Japanese songs. She sounds better singing in Japanese like she did with Heart Station IMO. Hopefully the other songs are good.

Papou

She really doesn't sound any different in English (go listen to Exodus, it's way better than this new crap). She just switches up her style a lot.

For people that like Passion and Simple and Clean, I would look at her Ultra Blue album. You might also like Deep River and Distance. Exodus is her English album from 2004 which is awesome and weird and pretty (listen to Kremlin Dusk, Exodus '04, Hotel Lobby, and Animato!!).

Out of all of her music, I think Passion is my favorite song, then Kremlin Dusk, then Dareka No Negai Ga Kanau Koro.

I didn't like Heart Station at all.

Anyway... this new album... blah. I hope the rest doesn't sound like this.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
shes pretty good i guess. i wouldnt have really bothered if she wasnt on kh

kago

I like the song. I don't see why people are hatin' on the song, sure it's not her best, but it's not horrible. I'm going to buy her new album.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
Utada in the U.S.

for anyone that hasn't heard yet, utada hikaru, the singer of the theme songs from kingdom hearts as anyone on this site should know, is getting ready to release another english ablum in the states. she worked on this ablum with stargate and ne-yo among others. it will be released under the name of utada with the title of "this is the one"

one single has already been released. the title of that song is "come back to me"

LINK to "Come Back To Me" video >>> YouTube - Utada - Come Back To Me

she has created an official myspace as well. there u can read all about her and stream (as of now) "come back to me" and "merry christmas mr. lawrence - fyi"

***I think theyre both great songs. what does everyone else think? who's gonna buy the album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back