• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Transformers The Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Coming this July is TRANSFORMERS THE GAME, based off the wildly anticipated film, the game will set you in the role of the Autobots or Decepticons in a fully open and destructible environment. Think GTA meets Hulk.

Coming to the 360, PS2, and other platforms, you'll be able to experience being a Transformer like never before, being able to Transform at the single press of a button, you will be in complete control of the bots.

Each Transformer will have his own set of moves, the way they walk, and special abilities, which you can utilize to their full potential in an entirely destructible environment. Want to pick up a lamp post and swing it at your enemy? You can. Feel like tossing a baddie into a building and watching it crumble around them, you can.

Here's the catch, which is available for the Autobots only, if you destroy and ruin too much property, you'll have Sector 7 coming at you with tanks and ships, help people and save lives, and you'll be rewarded. How you play is up to you.

The game will feature hundreds of easter eggs and unlockables, including robots, alternate forms for your bots, and others, including artwork. G1 fans will be pleased by the amount of specific unlockables there are.

From the current build, here is the FIRST screenshot from the game. Note, it's from the PS2 build.

transformers-the-game-2007030110445.jpg

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
It sounds pretty cool. Dont know if I'm really wowed by it though. Probably just because I've seen enough of these "sandbox" style games already. Also, just so you know, they already have a GTA + Hulk crossover. It's called "Hulk: Ultimate Destruction". It was decent, but not great.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I know, I played it. But Hulk wasn't exactly the ultimate freestyle game, it had flaws. TF sounds like it'll be alot better, and the GTA AND Hulk mention just made more sense.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Alot of sandbox games fail because the missions aren't set up in an interesting fashion, you're only stuck with playing it one way. With Transformers you'll have the choice of 'bots or 'cons, which you can play any way you wish, without being hindered by the faction you choose.

The transforming aspect will change things up, even being able to be a jet. But I was comparing it mainly to Hulk, which wasn't that great of a game anyhow. If you take a look at sandbox games they have alot of problems and fun gimmicks. Spider-Man 2 was New York, but the missions sucked, and you were only a hero.

GTA, well, I hate that game, and it's mainly played one way. TF you'll have the ENTIRE environment capable of being destroyed, then you can transform, and be good or bad, no matter who you are. Plus a freaking 30 foot tall robot just makes it better than anything.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
At first I thought you meant that decent Transformers game that was released a few years ago for PS2.

I won't touch this one because it's associated with Michael Bay.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
At first I thought you meant that decent Transformers game that was released a few years ago for PS2.

I won't touch this one because it's associated with Michael Bay.

That post = Epic Win, the original released a few years back was rather fun, but as this is inevitably based on not just a movie, but a Michael Bay movie, i may just have to avoid it at all costs...

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
You guys are idiots. This is a GAME. And you can't even shut the **** up about the film? So what if it's based off the film in design, it's only about the bots, it's not even using scenes from the film. It's taking the movie and giving full focus to the Transformers and other Transformers that didn't appear in the film. Epic win my ass, how about you stop kissing some one's ass and get your own clue about the damn game.

Yes, it will be available for the PS3. TFG will be out on all platforms. And you can kill humans too. Even if you're an Autobot.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Coming to the 360, PS2, and other platforms, you'll be able to experience being a Transformer like never before, being able to Transform at the single press of a button, you will be in complete control of the bots.
You know, I was able to do that in the previous game. Which rocked.

As for this, I've learnt my lesson on overhyping games due to speculation and press releases. I'll wait for the reviews.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
wow I'm assuring you if this game is released, I'll be the first in line to buy this game. Can't wait to feel what it's like to control Ironhide and Optimus in a different perspective, and the feel of slamming a lamp post up of Megatron's sorry ass.

Is this game's battle system all about hand-to-hand combat? No weapons like guns or firearms somethin' like that?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You know, I was able to do that in the previous game. Which rocked.

As for this, I've learnt my lesson on overhyping games due to speculation and press releases. I'll wait for the reviews.

I agree. There have been too many games that fans overhype and then not meet everyone's expectations. That aside, this does sound like it should be pretty entertaining.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The game isn't just about hand-to-hand combat, you'll have an arsenal of weapons at your disposal. Both from using lamp posts and other bots as weapons, cars to using your super powered guns.

I understand that Armada you were able to Transform, I played it, but this is in a huge, completely free setting, and some of the controls on Armada just felt clunky at times.

This game promises to be the definite TF game, and I'm sure it will be.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
TRANSFORMERS GAME NEWS-

the release date for the TF Game has benn moved up to JUNE 19, 2007. Also announced is a Collector's Edition exclusive to the Xbox 360, so I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back