• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Toy Story world connected to Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joveus

[FONT=&quot]Nomura has mentioned a few times that he wants the worlds that appear in Kingdom Hearts III and the Organization XIII villain that appears in them to actually be relevant to the larger plot this time around. From what we've seen Young Xehanort is visiting the world in order to learn how toys can have hearts, as well as looking to recruit the 13th Seeker of Darkness.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Xion is frequently called a doll, a puppet and poppet during her time with the Organization - akin to a toy, to put it plainly. While, of course, the whole "nobody remembers her" thing presents a narrative issue, we're fooling ourselves if we think she isn't coming back in some capacity.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It was also mentioned years ago that while all the Guardians of Light and Seekers of Darkness will be gathered, the people who play those roles and what side they are on may not be who you expect.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's not much, but it's something. What do you think? Will Xion be our 13th Darkness?[/FONT]

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think she will be, they'd have to actually bring her back first,, and no, the Toy Story world 100% doesn't have anything to do with Xion...

f'tang

Good theory actually.
If anyone remembers her, it's probably one of the time travelling xehanorts.
They could turn her bad, then near the end of the game she turns good again. It would also give her more narrative purpose.

Joveus

I don't think she will be, they'd have to actually bring her back first,, and no, the Toy Story world 100% doesn't have anything to do with Xion...

I understand the first part of your response, but 100% unlikely? What gives you such confidence? The plot of the Toy Story world is to do with people that were there before and have disappeared, after all. Not dissimilar to our replica.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I understand the first part of your response, but 100% unlikely? What gives you such confidence? The plot of the Toy Story world is to do with people that were there before and have disappeared, after all. Not dissimilar to our replica.
I mean, while that's true, I just don't really see how they'd tie that into the whole Xion arc. I dunno, maybe not 100%, but it is unlikely imo

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I always wanted Xion to do Pinocchio's musical number from when he was with Mangiafuoco.
Am I the only one?

In alternative, and going with the freshest memes around right now, we could have Sora or Woody (Xigbar?) screaming to her "YOU. ARE. A. DOOOOOOOLLLLLL!"

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I always wanted Xion to do Pinocchio's musical number from when he was with Mangiafuoco.
Am I the only one?

That got me thinking, if Xion is going to come back (which has been heavily implied), why not have The Blue Fairy appear to Xion (once she's manifested back into a physical being) and turn her into a real person? Who's to say that magic was exclusive to Pinocchio.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I actually don't want Xion to come back tbh, but that's inevitable, sooo. No can do, I guess.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I actually don't want Xion to come back tbh, but that's inevitable, sooo. No can do, I guess.

Truth be told, I loathe Xion too, but the plot seems to imply that she'll be back as her own person. If Xion is still being referred to as a puppet, they may as well go all the way and have The Blue Fairy involved with her individuality.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Truth be told, I loathe Xion too, but the plot seems to imply that she'll be back as her own person. If Xion is still being referred to as a puppet, they may as well go all the way and have The Blue Fairy involved with her individuality.
That'd be a pretty cool way to make the Blue Fairy/a Disney character (that's not Yen Sid/MDG) plot relevant!

yeah, she's also one of those who are "hurting" and need to be saved by Sora (by becoming their own person)

Awards
It's feasible. Nomura actually wanted to do something like that back in Days by having Roxas and Xion visiting Pinocchios world. I also like the parallel a bit.. Andy seeing his toys as something much more, just as Sora saw Xion as something more, giving her kairis appearance and an identity (albeit inadvertently).

regarding her role, I feel she is much more likely to be one of the guardians of light. The conversation between data Sora and namine in Recoded could suggest that the data Ansem the wise gave to Riku was information regarding hearts and nobodies, specifically Xion, Namine, Roxas etc.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You may not want something because of personal reasons, but please stop going around saying things like "the Toy Story world 100% doesn't have anything to do with Xion" when there's no proof otherwise. We barely know anything about the Toy Story world and it's plot. It may turn out that there's a connection to Xion, but there may also not be a connection to Xion. We don't know. You don't know. Your opinion is not a fact.

Muke

whatever
Awards
You may not want something because of personal reasons, but please stop going around saying things like "the Toy Story world 100% doesn't have anything to do with Xion" when there's no proof otherwise. We barely know anything about the Toy Story world and it's plot. It may turn out that there's a connection to Xion, but there may also not be a connection to Xion. We don't know. You don't know. Your opinion is not a fact.
I mean, I did say that it's not 100% in my next post…

I mean, while that's true, I just don't really see how they'd tie that into the whole Xion arc. I dunno, maybe not 100%, but it is unlikely imo
Of course my opinion is not a fact - I admit that my first post was too "this is a fact"-y, but it's really late here, so I couldn't/didn't think that post through. My bad

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I read that whole scene as a reference to Ven actually. The whole idea of filling in missing darkness and "bringing them to life". I get the toy angle, but I also see the Ven angle where Sora (unknowingly) saved Ven's life and kinda literally brought him to life (even though he was still a bit of a zombie)

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
I can see it being Ven or Vanitas, personally. Ven's body is vacant so it'd be easy to possess (if they actually could get to it) and we don't exactly know what happened to Vanitas' heart. Could be with Ven in Sora, which is a popular theory.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I read that whole scene as a reference to Ven actually. The whole idea of filling in missing darkness and "bringing them to life". I get the toy angle, but I also see the Ven angle where Sora (unknowingly) saved Ven's life and kinda literally brought him to life (even though he was still a bit of a zombie)

Y'know, this actually got me thinking when reexamining Young Xehanort's statements. He says that they "lost" a darkness and need to "reclaim" it.
In the DDD Ultimania Nomura stated that Vanitas' situation is different than Ansem SoD and Xemnas as he doesn't have a physical form.
Sure, the golden eyes scream that Xehanort has somehow a hold on Vanitas' heart, but that doesn't mean he can just willy-nilly claim Vanitas as a darkness without any trouble.

So what if the Darkness Young Xehanort says they need to "reclaim" actually IS Vanitas, possibly even because he doesn't want to be among the darknesses and is somehow trying to evade Xehanort's control and influence?
This could possibly give a sort of additional meaning to Vanitas' theme being included with the themes of the three main trios and Naminé in the Orchestra-medley.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Y'know, this actually got me thinking when reexamining Young Xehanort's statements. He says that they "lost" a darkness and need to "reclaim" it.
In the DDD Ultimania Nomura stated that Vanitas' situation is different than Ansem SoD and Xemnas as he doesn't have a physical form.
Sure, the golden eyes scream that Xehanort has somehow a hold on Vanitas' heart, but that doesn't mean he can just willy-nilly claim Vanitas as a darkness without any trouble.

So what if the Darkness Young Xehanort says they need to "reclaim" actually IS Vanitas, possibly even because he doesn't want to be among the darknesses and is somehow trying to evade Xehanort's control and influence?
This could possibly give a sort of additional meaning to Vanitas' theme being included with the themes of the three main trios and Naminé in the Orchestra-medley.

I had this discussion on Tumblr a bit.

I don't actually think Vanitas is trying to run away or doesn't want to be evil. If he has run away, it's just because he's being a snot, not because he's gained a new sense of justice or goodness.

We did come to the conclusion that it's possible that while Vanitas is considered one of the darknesses and is on their side, Vanitas really doesn't have a body or physical shape anymore. Ven destroyed it right before Vanitas merged back into his body. They might be trying to find something empty for Vanitas to take over. Ven is probably THE ideal choice, especially since his heart isn't even in his body right now.

But anyway, if Vanitas is trying to run away, he's going to be on his own side antagonizing both. If that's the case, because it's certainly not to help the light side.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
That'd be a pretty cool way to make the Blue Fairy/a Disney character (that's not Yen Sid/MDG) plot relevant!

yeah, she's also one of those who are "hurting" and need to be saved by Sora (by becoming their own person)

Granted, all Roxas, Xion and Namine need are bodies of their own and not shells, because their hearts live on inside Sora. I can see a situation in which The Blue Fairy grants Sora the wish of having these three beings to be their own people because Sora has proven throughout his journey that he has good intentions.

Then there’s the whole argument that “The Key to Return Hearts” is an item, that’s going to bring Roxas, Xion and Namine back. However, we don’t even know if it’s a physical object or a role. My theory is that Sora’s The Key to Return Hearts. His belief in Roxas, Xion and Namine to be their own people is a wish similar enough to that of Gepetto’s in Pinocchio.

And as far as Ansem’s hidden data within Sora goes, I think it’s nothing more than information regarding the people residing in Sora’s heart, and those connected to them.

Y'know, this actually got me thinking when reexamining Young Xehanort's statements. He says that they "lost" a darkness and need to "reclaim" it. In the DDD Ultimania Nomura stated that Vanitas' situation is different than Ansem SoD and Xemnas as he doesn't have a physical form.

I really don’t think that Vanitas wants to go against Xehanort’s Seeker of Darkness. Sure, he tried to go against Xehanort’s order during his first encounter with Ventus, but that’s only because he thought that Ventus was too weak for the initial plan. After Ventus started proving his strength, he just continued on following Master Xehanort’s orders.

I think what’s going to happen is that Xehanort will try to form Ven-Vanitas again. The merger of the two beings was successful, it just so happened that Mickey and Aqua defeated him. Xehanort would want that to occur in order to have a secure vessel. Further evidence pointing to this is Terra-Xehanort’s intention of trying to find Ventus. Granted, only Aqua can find Ventus, but who’s to say that another Vanitas versus Ventus merger cannot happen again?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I had this discussion on Tumblr a bit.

I don't actually think Vanitas is trying to run away or doesn't want to be evil. If he has run away, it's just because he's being a snot, not because he's gained a new sense of justice or goodness.

We did come to the conclusion that it's possible that while Vanitas is considered one of the darknesses and is on their side, Vanitas really doesn't have a body or physical shape anymore. Ven destroyed it right before Vanitas merged back into his body. They might be trying to find something empty for Vanitas to take over. Ven is probably THE ideal choice, especially since his heart isn't even in his body right now.

But anyway, if Vanitas is trying to run away, he's going to be on his own side antagonizing both. If that's the case, because it's certainly not to help the light side.

I tried to word that as neutral as possible in order to explicitly avoid any notations of him having an actual "change of heart/alignment" off-screen between BBS and KH III (if anything like this is going to happen it has to happen on-screen in order to be believable), so of course it would be just a "diddly you old fart I'm not your tool"-type of deal rather than "I want to support the idiot and his hero-friends"-alignment change.

It could be a setup-point for further developments though and that's why I brought up the whole theme-thingy since I do not think that this was done coincidental.

As for Ven's "empty" body that is certainly the most easy and obvious choice to make, although I do think it could become a rather interesting scenario if we count in the implications from DDD that apparently Ventus can somehow control/affect his body remotely even if his heart isn't directly present in it.

I really don’t think that Vanitas wants to go against Xehanort’s Seeker of Darkness. Sure, he tried to go against Xehanort’s order during his first encounter with Ventus, but that’s only because he thought that Ventus was too weak for the initial plan. After Ventus started proving his strength, he just continued on following Master Xehanort’s orders.

I think what’s going to happen is that Xehanort will try to form Ven-Vanitas again. The merger of the two beings was successful, it just so happened that Mickey and Aqua defeated him. Xehanort would want that to occur in order to have a secure vessel. Further evidence pointing to this is Terra-Xehanort’s intention of trying to find Ventus. Granted, only Aqua can find Ventus, but who’s to say that another Vanitas versus Ventus merger cannot happen again?

Which might have been because of Xehanort's control? We literally don't see Vanitas doing decisions on his own anywhere so the possibility that he will defy Xehanort if there is a chance to do so can't be ruled out.

Except that the merger never was successful in the first place? Vanitas himself says that.
Terra-Xehanort trying to find Ventus can have many different implications, there is no "evidence" for anything concrete, not to mention that we already had the whole "Vanitas-forcibly-merging-with-Ven"-shit already in BBS and rehashing it would just be a boring repeat of things already done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back