• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Where Creativity Meets Censorship

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - Availabe June 24

Spoiler Spoiler Show

personally i think most of the changes look like they were for the better (some seem a little much but, eh). the fanservice elements of these games are embarrassing, imo. the scene in the video is so cringe-y.

1. "Those who support censorship need not comment or open" - I wrote that in plain English. I know you like to twist words around to say what you want them to, so I think you got confused here.

2. Literally every description of this game says fan service over a dozen times. It's a Japanese idol game for crying out loud, what on earth were you expecting. You're into the wrong genre if you actively oppose something that's fairly common in these cases. And if you seriously think this is about fap material, please stop commenting. If it was really about that, I could open another tab and get some of that in less than two seconds. Sheesh.

Like the subbed nature directly implies an older audience, but the censoring aims toward children. Who the hell is this supposed to be aimed toward, they're so confused.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE - Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - Availabe June 24

Spoiler Spoiler Show

2. Literally every description of this game says fan service over a dozen times. It's a Japanese idol game for crying out loud, what on earth were you expecting. You're into the wrong genre if you actively oppose something that's fairly common in these cases.
Just because something is common doesn't mean that it's inherently good or shouldn't be criticized? And I never "actively opposed" anything. I'm not making protests or petitions. I'm just giving my opinion. While you oppose these changes, I think they're fine. While you like the fanservice-y elements, I prefer if they were absent or toned down. Don't know why this has to become a big argument.

And if you seriously think this is about fap material, please stop commenting. If it was really about that, I could open another tab and get some of that in less than two seconds. Sheesh.
You were the one who talked about how they are "taking out appealing content" by removing swimsuits, changing ages and covering up characters. I didn't start that chain of thought, and my comment was mostly a joke anyway. I will admit perhaps my comment was a bit much and I apologize if it offended you.

Like the subbed nature directly implies an older audience, but the censoring aims toward children. Who the hell is this supposed to be aimed toward, they're so confused.
Teens, as I pointed out?
They are clearly aiming for a T rating.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

The U is a dead console. They need to broaden what little audience TMS could garner of the U's limited user-base. Specially how TMS is a spinoff of two niche franchises. If that guarantees an ESRB rating of T for Teens, then Nintendo has to adjust their product to match the qualification of the ESRB.

Besides, it's not as if Nintendo, a corporation, is going to cover extra localization costs "just because".

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

The U is a dead console. They need to broaden what little audience TMS could garner of the U's limited user-base. Specially how TMS is a spinoff of two niche franchises. If that guarantees an ESRB rating of T for Teens, then Nintendo has to adjust their product to match the qualification of the ESRB.

Besides, it's not as if Nintendo, a corporation, is going to cover extra localization costs "just because".
Yeah, all of this. Fire Emblem Awakening + Fates also aimed for a T rating and it's not much of a stretch to think Nintendo would hope fans of those games would play this one. I also don't really think Subtitles and having to read equates to aiming for an older, more maturer audience than a T rating aims for.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Yeah, all of this. Fire Emblem Awakening + Fates also aimed for a T rating and it's not much of a stretch to think Nintendo would hope fans of those games would play this one.
TMS has momentum because of Fates. Awakening did well, but Fates is doing lots and lots better. Not every kid is like us: we're informed consumers/gamers. Many kids get their games from their moms. They either walk alone to a store, with their mom, or their mom does the shopping for them. The probabilities of a mother buying their kid a M rated game are low (this is me making an uneducated estimate based on the US' conservative values, though this estimate could also take into consideration that companies HAVE to project three scenarios: optimistic, neutral, and pessimistic).

Note: I am not saying I am in favor, nor against the censoring. I'm just putting things on perspective due to my knowledge in Business Administration. Personally, I'm indifferent towards what Nintendo wants to do with TMS, or how companies handle their products in any specific way. This is a Free Market, let them do whatever the fuck they want with it. They'll see if their actions bared fruits.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

TMS has momentum because of Fates. Awakening did well, but Fates is doing lots and lots better. Not every kid is like us: we're informed consumers/gamers. Many kids get their games from their moms. They either walk alone to a store, with their mom, or their mom does the shopping for them. The probabilities of a mother buying their kid a M rated game are low (this is me making an uneducated estimate based on the US' conservative values, though this estimate could also take into consideration that companies HAVE to project three scenarios: optimistic, neutral, and pessimistic).

Note: I am not saying I am in favor, nor against the censoring. I'm just putting things on perspective due to my knowledge in Business Administration. Personally, I'm indifferent towards what Nintendo wants to do with TMS, or how companies handle their products in any specific way. This is a Free Market, let them do whatever the fuck they want with it. They'll see if their actions bared fruits.

I still doubt it, Nintendo should know full well who the audience for this game is, and every bit they're changing just proves that they don't care to alienate the very niche audience this game was meant for. I've seen much worse in other Teen rated games, or hell even their movie equivalent of PG-13. Just make it E10+ with all the butchering they're doing. Nintendo of America is the only company I can think of that still thinks this backwards about censorship this day and age.

[video=youtube;bhSRGH5PVdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhSRGH5PVdk[/video]

Like this is laughably bad haha. There are probably enough censors now to have a decent sized compilation on all these, these videos just don't stop coming lol

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Well, maybe they're aiming for the game to appeal to more than just a niche audience.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Localized DLC List Revealed - Persona Central

This RPG game fuses strategic, turn-based combat with over-the-top, pop-culture style. You’ll be able to expand the game right away with new costumes and items via five DLC packs, available for purchase on Nintendo eShop.

The packs include:

• Costume Set

Get new costumes for Itsuki, Tsubasa, Touma and Kiria.

• Tokyo Millennium Collection

Participate in a fashion show and get extra outfits for Tsubasa, Kiria and Eleonora.

• EXPeditious Hunter

Battle through a dungeon filled with enemies that yield experience.

• Masterful Hunter

Gain materials used to level up weapons by fighting enemies in this dungeon.

• Savage Hunter

Defeat difficult enemies in this dungeon to earn rare items.

EXPeditious Hunter, Masterful Hunter and Savage Hunter DLC can also be purchased together for a reduced price in the Hunter Support Quest Pack.

The list of DLC that survived the censorship process

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
[video=youtube;psJD48GsHqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psJD48GsHqE[/video]

new vid explaining basic mechanics and the like, if any are interested.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
[video=youtube;Zlqze1JzQC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlqze1JzQC0[/video]

story trailer.

i'm a bit torn on this game now idk

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
My prior issues with the treatment of this game aside, I also think it's really lazy that they didn't put subtitles during in-battle dialog. Apparently the characters cry out some important factors like weaknesses and stuff that no one would have any clue unless you spoke Japanese.

I really want to like this game, the soundtrack is really great to me and the premise is decent enough, but I'll wait for reviews to see how it goes and pick it up used down the road. I already cancelled my pre-order.

Also whoever made that "Hype" trailer above should be fired lol, I've never seen a more 'how do you do fellow kids' moment than that. It's sad really.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I also think it's really lazy that they didn't put subtitles during in-battle dialog. Apparently the characters cry out some important factors like weaknesses and stuff that no one would have any clue unless you spoke Japanese.
Really? I heard it was mostly useless phrases that get repeated over and over again, which is why they didn't translate it (that and it's probably a bit difficult to implement subtitles in a battle without dialogue boxes)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Really? I heard it was mostly useless phrases that get repeated over and over again, which is why they didn't translate it (that and it's probably a bit difficult to implement subtitles in a battle without dialogue boxes)

Oh, I've heard otherwise but maybe it's a bit of both. They could've done something like with Rise in P4G where she pops up in the corner of the screen with her dialog. It's entirely possible to do, they were just being lazy.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
[video=youtube;thSA0nX60R8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSA0nX60R8[/video]

first fifteen minutes of the english version

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm genuinely curious as to who owns this specific IP, is it Nintendo or Atlus who owns the Tokyo Mirage Session #FE franchise (considering it's a supposed Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei)?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
[video=youtube;J6K1EMAEQog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6K1EMAEQog[/video]

e3 trailer

I'm genuinely curious as to who owns this specific IP, is it Nintendo or Atlus who owns the Tokyo Mirage Session #FE franchise (considering it's a supposed Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei)?
you could probably find out by watching the credits. it usually lists who is the owner for the purpose of copyright?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
CktkXKgWsAARfeb.jpg

Oh man, I can't even. I'm literally crying from laughing so hard at this, and I thought we saw the worst. This is worthy of MS Paint right here, this is almost worse than the smoke covering the boss. And I guess the upper arm is too much too lmao. The burka memes are slowly becoming a reality. God bless the human that puts out a patch for this.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
The game seems to be getting pretty good reviews so far by the looks of it. I'm still on the fence personally, but if after beating Zero Time Dilemma I have nothing else for the summer, maybe I'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back