• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Timeless River

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Mr. T

Alright this makes no sense: When you go to timeless river, there is the old Pete and the new one, but Donald and Goofy don't see their old selves, they become them. I think time travel is better left out of things because there are too many complications.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
1: Old donald and Goofy were out of the area at the time while present Donald and Goofy where there.

2: The door Sora and Co used was conjured by magic. It could have been that same magic that prevented Donald and Goofy from interacting with their old selves, as well as taking their old appearances so they wouldn't startle the locals.

I am Mr. T

But still, i think time travel is too complicated a subject to involve in entertinment. It's redundant, if you go back in time to stop something from happening, and suceed, then the future would've changed, and you would have no reason to go back in time in the first place, so the event happens anyway.

Riku Fan1415

You're right, it is too complicated... I have NO idea what you just said, lol.

Although, sometimes Sora's a little...slow.... I mean, he see one Pete run by toward the end, the bad guy, then the captain Pete runs by, and Sora's like, "Awww, which is it?" I'm like, "Sora, there are two Petes, duh!"

Also, Mickey made it perfectly clear about Xehanort faking being Ansem and all, and then before Goofy asks about the Nobody, Sora's like, "Don't tell me there's more?! I'm lost enough as it is!" And I'm understanding it all perfectly, lol.

dxbonez

i dont understand that either cause pete used the same door as sora and the others but he stayed the same

Jake

Not if your a genius. And its honestly not that complicated its from disney, so its easy.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
I think the whole reason there was two Pete's is cause there was a good Pete in the beginning and a Bad Pete now.
Donald and Goofy have always been their same personalities they've always been well...
Donald and Goofy.
Pete however has changed, I think they used both of them to represent that.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Thats a good point..
i have a time machine at home...
but it only goes forward at normal speed.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
But still, i think time travel is too complicated a subject to involve in entertinment. It's redundant, if you go back in time to stop something from happening, and suceed, then the future would've changed, and you would have no reason to go back in time in the first place, so the event happens anyway.

Time traval has been used in entertainment for years. Just don't think about it too much and you just might keep your sanity.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
It is possible they weren't there at the time or hadn't met yet cause you don't see Minnie or Daisy there either, just a couple of others characters. It was probably sometime after they started construction on Disney Castle that they actually met each other. Somewhere in between. I don't think it's so much as Donald and Goofy becoming their old selves, as Merlin's magic or the magic of the world at the time trying to make them fit in so they looked "normal" to the others.

Moncus

Alright this makes no sense: When you go to timeless river, there is the old Pete and the new one, but Donald and Goofy don't see their old selves, they become them. I think time travel is better left out of things because there are too many complications.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this is the official answer here. The 'Timeless River' world is based on the first cartoon Mickey Mouse appeared in, which was also the first one Pete showed up in. If it's based on that cartoon it would make sense why Mickey and Pete would be the only characters we could recognize besides the cow ladies. Make sense?

BTW: The cartoon was called steamboat willie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back